Risk

Risk

A Chapter by Minyonka

  I ran through the hallways as fast as I could. There was no sign of Mokuba. After searching five floors, I went straight down to the first floor, figuring that was where he was headed. I stepped into the large room and saw Darren forcing back the other vampire.

 

“Scarlett, what are you doing down here,” my brother demanded through clenched teeth.

 

“I can’t find Mokuba,” I answered, my eyes darting around the room.

 

There was still no sign of the teenage boy. I swore under my breath. I then heard the elevator coming towards that floor. I knew Darren and the other vampire had heard it too. There was a soft ding as the doors opened, revealing Mokuba. The monster broke free from Darren and dashed towards the boy, whose heart rate increased. I darted towards the elevator and shoved the white haired man away. In that instant, I learned his name, Mircea.

 

“Mokuba, go back to Seto’s office and lock the doors,” I yelled.

 

He was frozen in fear, just like the first time I had saved him. Even worse, he was in between the doors, so they wouldn’t shut due to the safety feature. I snarled animalistically as Mircea started to stand. I pushed Mokuba back with a flick of my wrist and pressed the first button my hand touched. Mircea lunged forward, his fangs searching for flesh.

 

“Scarlett,” Darren yelled.

 

I pushed off the closed door of the elevator, ramming into the white haired vampire. There was a loud crack.

 

“Why protect your meal, dear one,” Mircea asked as he pushed me to the side.

 

He was so much stronger than me physically. I crashed down to the marble floor and hit my head. Had I been human, that would have knocked me unconscious. Mircea started laughing as I stood.

 

“You love a human? How childish can one be? Don’t you know humans are meant to feed us, not be loved by us,” he asked.

 

I stared at him, wide-eyed.

 

“How do you know that,” I asked.

 

“When you touched me, I learned of your past, all the way up until now. It’s really quite a handy trick when I need to find your weaknesses.”

 

There was a twisted smirk on his face and I immediately knew what he had planning.

 

“It appears we have a race to the top, Scarlett,” Mircea said and ran through the doors leading to the stairs.

 

I knew there was no way I’d be able to beat him up the stairs, but there was another method. It would involve risking exposure, though. I threw that care out and ran outside. People already knew about Mircea anyway.

 

“Scarlett, what are you doing,” Darren asked.

 

I didn’t answer as I started climbing straight up the side of the building, moving as fast as I could carry myself.

 

“D****t, Scarlett,” Darren yelled and ran back inside, probably to take the stairs.

 

I made it to one of the window to Seto’s office and punched the glass, shattering it. I leaped inside to find Seto and Mokuba both safe, for now. I picked up Mokuba and carried him to the other side of the room. There was a small space, similar to a closet, and I set him inside it.

 

“Stay in here and don’t make a single sound,” I ordered.

 

He had fear in his eyes, but nodded. I kissed his forehead before shutting the door.

 

“What’s happening,” Seto asked.

 

“Mircea’s on his way up here,” I answered.

 

“Who?”

 

“The monster who killed the receptionist! Seto, whatever you do, stay behind me. Don’t leave any opening for him to get you.”

 

There was a crash and I turned around, standing in front of Seto. Mircea had busted the door open and was standing with a wicked smirk on his face.

 

“It appears you made it here first, dear one. Very well. I shall destroy you before sucking your lover dry,” he yelled, lunging forward.

 

I stretched my arms out to the side, fear flooding through me. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Darren running to save me. It was the same image in the painting back home.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on November 28, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka