Oath

Oath

A Chapter by Minyonka

                                    After I had hunted, I made my way to the city’s hospital to see Seto.

 

“I’m sorry, miss, but I can’t let you go back there. Only family,” the woman at the front desk said.

 

“What are you talking about,” I demanded.

 

I had to resist the urge to crinkle my nose. I hated the smell of hospitals. It was too sterile, too artificial.

 

“Miss, we can’t allow you to see him.”

 

At that moment, I saw Mokuba walking down the hallway with a drink in his hand.

 

“Mokuba,” I called.

 

He turned and his eyes lit up upon seeing me.

 

“Scarlett, you’re here,” he exclaimed and ran towards me.

 

“You know her,” the woman at the counter asked.

 

“Yeah. She’s with us. Come on, I’ll take you to Seto’s room.”

 

I followed Mokuba down a few hallways. I had to cover my nose with my hand.

 

“What’s wrong,” Mokuba asked.

 

“It smells terrible in his place. It smells fake,” I answered.

 

“It’s even worse for you, huh?”

 

I simply nodded. We neared Seto’s room and I took my hand away from my face. We stepped inside to find Seto staring up at the television screen. On the news was the event that had taken place just a couple hours ago.

 

“It all happened so fast. I’m not really sure what happened,” one of the women who worked in the building said, answering the news reporter.

 

I could tell Darren had worked his charm, convincing her not to tell what happened. I then saw Darren on the screen.

 

“Sir, can you tell us what happened here,” the news reporter asked.

 

“I’m sorry, but I’m not obligated to answer any questions. Everything has been taken care of, though,” my brother answered.

 

I turned off the television before walking over to Seto.

 

“My company’s going to be run into the ground because of that white haired freak,” he muttered.

 

I sat next to him on the bed and smiled.

 

“Darren and I will make sure that doesn’t happen. We’re good at cover-ups. You just worry about healing,” I answered.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

Seto tried to sit up and cringed in pain. I gently pushed him back down. I sighed and chuckled lightly.

 

“What am I going to do with you, Seto? You’re far too fragile.”

 

“Says who?”

 

“Says me. You see, Seto, that blade wouldn’t have done much to me. In fact, the only thing that really leaves a mark in my skin is vampire venom,” I explained, showing the faint scar that now adorned my lower neck.

 

It was a small, crescent moon shape, where Mircea’s fangs had sunk it. Seto nodded in silence and I glanced at Mokuba. I sighed.

 

“I’m sorry you had to see me like that. So is Darren. That was something I had never wanted you to witness,” I whispered.

 

“What happened,” Mokuba asked.

 

He had only heard the fighting, but didn’t witness anything.

 

“They saved our lives,” Seto answered.

 

I turned to face him, a small smile on my face.

 

“Like I said, I can’t bear to lose you, either of you,” I said softly.

 

“I’m guessing you’ve fulfilled the prediction your brother sent you here for.”

 

I thought back to the fight and shook my head, frowning.

 

“No. I only got through one. The one I was sent to protect you from hasn’t occurred yet,” I answered.

 

“So Seto could still die,” Mokuba asked, fear evident in his voice.

 

“I won’t let that happen. I swear on my very existence.”



© 2008 Minyonka


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on November 28, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka