Unexpected Visitor

Unexpected Visitor

A Chapter by Minyonka

Never before was there a time I wished so much to be human again. I would have loved to say it was all a bad dream. I knew it was real, though. I wished it wasn’t.

 

“Darren, please tell me there was an overlapping image,” I pleaded.

 

My brother solemnly shook his head. I leaned against the wall and slid down to the floor, my hand over my mouth. I shook my head, tears stinging my eyes.

 

“Why does this have to happen? I finally get close to someone and now he’s going to be taken away from me.”

 

Darren moved the papers and walked over to where I was. He kneeled down beside me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

 

“Scarlett, calm down. You don’t know that for certain,” he whispered.

 

“What else is it, Darren? One of your visions showed him dead. Now you’ve seen a vision of him injured, bleeding terribly, and that I was screaming. That means he’s going to die!”

 

The tears finally flowed down my cheeks, seemingly without end. Darren pulled me closer as I cried on his chest. My whole body shook with my sobs. I wanted to stop crying, but I couldn’t.

 

“Scarlett, it’s going to be okay.”

 

I shook my head.

 

“No, it won’t. I’m not strong enough. I can’t save him,” I cried.

 

My brother held me tightly as I continued to sob into his chest. It wasn’t until fifteen minutes later that I was able to stop. Darren didn’t move the whole time.

 

“What do I do,” I mumbled, wiping away my tears.

 

“We just have to see how it all plays out,” Darren whispered.

 

“I wish I could stop it from happening.”

 

“So do I. I hate seeing you like this.”

 

“I can’t save him. I’m not strong enough.”

 

Darren lifted my chin to look me in the eyes.

 

“Listen to me, Scarlett. You’re stronger than almost every person I’ve ever met. You’re stronger than I am. Don’t ever think any less of yourself,” he told me.

 

I nodded, wiping my eyes again.

 

“A-Alright, “I answered.

 

Darren kissed my forehead and gave me a small smile.

 

The next day, I was listening to lively classical music in the living room. For a half-hour, there was no sound other than the flitting piano on my CD. Darren was in the back room, still trying to sort through all of his visions. Suddenly, I heard an ear-piercing shriek. I stopped the music and Darren ran out of the bed room. We stared at each other for a fraction of a second before running out of our apartment. We dashed down the stairs at full speed, down to the first floor. What we saw there made us both stop in our tracks.

 

The receptionist, the woman I met on my first day in Kaiba Corp, was being held in the arms of an unnaturally beautiful man. His lips were at her throat and she was trembling. Her face was growing paler by the second. The man holding her had short white hair. I couldn’t see his eyes, but I knew they were bright reed. He was the vampire from Darren’s painting back home.

 

“Oh my God,” another woman screamed.

 

The other vampire looked up and lunged towards her. Darren ran forward and shoved the man back with all his strength. The monster crashed into the wall, leaving a large indent.

 

“Scarlett, make sure Kaiba and Mokuba stay upstairs,” Darren yelled.

 

I nodded and ran back up the stairs, up to the top floor. I burst into Seto’s office and locked the door shut behind me.

 

“What’s going on,” Seto demanded.

 

I turned to face him, but saw that Mokuba was missing.

 

“Where’s Mokuba,” I asked.

 

“He went downstairs. Why?”

 

“Seto, stay up here. S**t, this is bad.”

 

“What’s going on?!”

 

“There’s an attack and I don’t know why!”

 

“By who?”

 

“Another one of our kind, except this one hunts humans,” I answered.

 

Seto’s eyes widened in shock. He took a step forward, planning to leave the office and save his brother. I stood in his way and firmly grabbed his shoulders.

 

“Don’t go down there. Darren will keep that guy away from Mokuba. I’m going to go down there too, but you have to stay up here. You’ll be safer,” I explained.

 

With that, I ran out of the room. I hoped and prayed I wouldn’t be too late.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on November 26, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka