Time With Mokuba

Time With Mokuba

A Chapter by Minyonka

“You’re going to love this, Mokuba,” I said as the younger of the Kaiba brothers walked alongside me.

 

We were nearing the woods I would usually hunt in.

 

“Thanks for bringing me, Scarlett,” he answered with a grin.

 

I stopped in my place and looked around; making sure no one was around to see us.

 

“What’s wrong,” he asked.

 

I kneeled down before him, my back facing him.

 

“Nothing. I’m just making sure there aren’t any people around. Hop on.”

 

Mokuba climbed onto my back and latched his arms around my neck. I stood with ease.

 

“You may want to close your eyes, if you get motion sickness easily,” I told him.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

I nodded and began running at my usual speed. Mokuba clung tighter to me and his heart raced. His cheek was pressed against the side of my head and I could hear this thoughts. Of course, that didn’t offer much. All he was doing was praying we didn’t hit any of the trees that were flying by. I knew he had his eyes wide open. I finally stopped a few minutes later, but Mokuba still clung to me for dear life.

 

“Mokuba, are you alright,” I asked, gently unlatching his arms from around my neck.

 

“Y-Yeah,” he answered shakily as I lowered him from my back.

 

I turned to face him and held onto his shoulders until I was sure he could stand on his own.

 

“That was insane,” Mokuba mumbled after a minute.

 

“Sorry. I probably shouldn’t have gone so fast. Are you sure you’re alright?”

 

Mokuba nodded and we began walking through the woods, our footsteps crunching in the snow. He looked all around as we walked, his eyes wide in awe. I smiled softly at him. He looked like a little kid getting his first glimpse at the most amazing thing he’d seen in his life. Then again, that very well may have been the most amazing thing to him.

 

“What do you think,” I asked in a whisper.

 

“Whoa,” was all he could say.

 

We stopped in a small clearing where there were a couple of frozen logs. I brushed the snow off of one and set my winter coat on it. I then brushed the snow off of the other log and sat down. Mokuba sat on my coat and looked at me.

 

“You’re not cold at all,” he asked.

 

“Mokuba, you’ve felt my skin. The air doesn’t bother me at all. Listen, there’s something I want to talk to you about.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Darren told me about something today that going to affect all of us. To put things simply, you and Seto aren’t supposed to know what Darren and I are. You’re not even supposed to know we exist. Because of Mircea, there was a huge risk of exposure, so someone is going to be sent to check up on us. If this person finds out that you and Seto know about us, then you’ll be killed. Before you panic, please let me finish.”

 

I could already hear Mokuba’s heart rate increasing. He nodded a bit shakily.

 

“Okay,” he said.

 

“As long as the Volturi, the ones who are sending the person to check on us, think that you don’t know about vampires then you’re perfectly safe. You’ll have to be careful when the representative comes, because we don’t know what power he’ll have. You’ll have to act like you simply know me as someone who works for your brother, maybe a little closer. I’m going to apologize in advance if I seem cold towards you in any way while the representative is here,” I finished.

 

Mokuba nodded in understanding. I moved, sitting next to him, and wrapped my arms around him. I loved him like a younger brother and didn’t want anything to happen to him. I knew I shouldn’t have loved Seto and Mokuba as much as I did; I was putting them in danger with my very presence. I sighed as I let Mokuba go and we stood to continue our walk. It soon began snowing lightly and Mokuba grinned. He stopped walking and closed his eyes. I stopped as well, knowing what he was doing.

 

“It really is silent,” he mumbled and I smiled.

 

“And there are four deer about thirty yards from here,” I answered. Mokuba’s eyes snapped open and he looked at me.

 

“You really can hear their heartbeats, can’t you?”

 

“I can hear yours too.”

 

Mokuba smiled up at me and took another step forward, through the snow.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on December 6, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka