New Lessons and Outings

New Lessons and Outings

A Chapter by Mystic_Angel
"

Serenity is starting to learn Finnish

"

My tutor came the next week, like my father said he would.There was a knock on the door at 8:45 a.m.

I was just finishing eating oatmeal porridge,when the tutor came. My dad opened the door and there was a man with combed back blond hair and blue eyes wearing a beige suit and a suitcase in tow. He looked to be around his 20's in appearance from afar,but the closer he got I saw light bags under his eyes, and started to reconsider his age.

"Serenity,this is Mr. Antonius Virta, he'll be your tutor. Mr.Virta, this is my daughter Serenity."

"Good morning sir" I say with a bit of nervousness.

"Houmenta, Good morning"

I smile at him he seems like a good tutor but I can never be too sure with these types of things. 

"Let us begin,you need help with learning Finnish correct?" He said sitting down at the table.

"Yes sir, I'm sorry but I don't understand it at all,my father has been trying to teach me some words this last week though." 

He nods his head. "Can I hear some of the words you have learned?"

"mina,suina,tama,se,minun and Nimum...Ninun....Nemun...uhh.."

"Nimeni."

"Oh yes, Nimeni on Serenity." I say blushing. 

"You have much to learn."

I lower my head down disappointed.

"But you have potential."

We spend the next two hours studying and going over new words and phrases. He gave me a CD with things like colors,seasons,numbers 1-100, and shapes.

Mr. Virta was very patient with me considering I didn't know anything. At 11o'clock he left and told me to listen to the first chapter and he would come back and test me on it a few days from now. 

'I have to call Iris.' I thought as I went into my room to get my phone. I looked on my bed and saw a blue and white wrapped boxed with a white ribbon and note. 

'Serenity I wanted to give this to you when you first came a few weeks ago, but I never had the time. I hope you enjoy this gift,Cold.'

I unwrapped the ribbon and box and pull out a beautiful with silver designs at the ends.

'Why does Cold have to spoil me so much?' I thought with a smile on my face. I tried on the scarf and looked in the mirror it looked great. I put the box my bed and the note on my table.

My dad walks in. "Serenity, where did you get that?"

"Oh uhh, a it was a gift." I said taking it off and hanging it up

"A gift from who?" 

"A friend." I did answer honestly 

"Well you might have to put it back on again, I wanted to show you the town." 

I gasp "Really?!" I scream throwing on my new scarf and shoes.

"Calm down, I don't think the hot spots are going anywhere."

"Hot spots? Like where?" 

"Well mostly there are theatre, museums,national park and stadiums in Helsinki, but as a teenager you might not like that."

"You kidding, I love museums I'm not much of an outdoors man tough, but a theatre and stadiums, I'm all in." I said in one breath excitedly. 

"Alright Alright,come on we can go to the Alexander theatre first then the Helsinki Art museum and lastly the stadium if its open if not we can go to a mall.How does that sound?"

I started jumping all over the place in excitement I always have loved most things normal kids didn't.I hugged my dad, well no more like jumped on him.

"Whoa now calm down and breathe, and Serenity sweetie would you mind getting off your old man."

"Whoops." I said smiling like a ninny. 

 The Alexander theatre was just a beautiful building and the inside was just grand. I really didn't know that much what the actors were saying but I felt that it was connecting with my heart. When we got to the Art museum I had to hold  my dad's arm from running off and screaming all over the place looking at some of the beautiful paintings. The stadium was closed because they didn't have an event going on so we went to the Itakeskus shopping centre. 

When we arrived at the nearest bench my dad had to stop and rest, he wasn't used to dealing with an excited teenager. 

"Hey dad , thank you so much for doing so much for me taking me in and helping me with learning a new language and even this trip." I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek. I saw a vending machine over by the wall and went to go get him some water. I had learned a few years ago about how to convert U.S. dollars into Euros from one of my classmates that had came from Germany. I take out  1.14 and get the bottle of water I take a final look around the mall before I turn around and see Cold staring at me straight in the face.

"You wore it, that makes me happy." He said with a smile.

"Yes, its very pretty thank you, but I wouldn't have mind a blue one to match the teddy bear you gave me."

"You still have that from when you were a child?"

"Of course I do, you gave it to me and I kept it, just like I will keep this." I smiled and leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Serenity?" My dad asks holding two full bags of clothes with wide eyes.

"Dad" 






*(For any readers who speak Finnish,what do these words actually mean?  My definitions may not be correct)



© 2013 Mystic_Angel


Author's Note

Mystic_Angel
I'm so sorry I haven't been updating I've been catching up with anime ^^"

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooo...I like this story! ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mystic_Angel

10 Years Ago

thank you ^^ but you really need to read the whole thing to understand it xD
Ellie EM

10 Years Ago

Aha...yea... :p

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

420 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2013
Last Updated on July 2, 2013
Tags: kiss, love, father, Finland, Europe


Author

Mystic_Angel
Mystic_Angel

Natchez, MS



About
I have been writing random fan-fiction for anime/manga for over a year, I even tried making a few original ones. Now I want to branch out and try new things like poetry and short stories. I enjoy watc.. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Story by Mystic_Angel