His side of the mirror, Nakquiyusha

His side of the mirror, Nakquiyusha

A Chapter by Mystic_Angel
"

Cold demonstrates his powers and shows Serenity and her father his world.

"

"My Homeland is called Nakquiyusha. When I was four years old I was sent into the human world to bring cold weather just as the being before me had done.To come into the human world for the first time I assume my mother put a spell on me. It was like this shining powder-like substance, then she chanted words and sent me Asia." Cold said with a 'why did she do that to a four year old' face.

"I can demonstrate my power if you would like?" Cold suggested.

"Oh yes, the only way I have ever noticed your power was from when you make the temperature drop." I said looking into his blue eyes.

"I still think this is a load of crap Cold." My dad said with a look of anger in his eyes.

"Dad," I said getting a bit worried. "Cold is telling the truth. I'm not sure what he is but I know he isn't human. I know he is something that not from here but he is not bad at least I don't think he is."

"I am not bad but I'm only here to bring cold weather, but it seems that is not the only thing I have brought to this world." Cold said with a sincere look.

"I think I already have an idea of what that is." I say smiling at Cold and leaning over to kiss him on the cheek. 

"Serenity." My dad said sternly.

"Sorry dad, I can't help it. I love him." I say smiling happily even if it is feeling like negative ten degrees. 

 "You said something about seeing your power?" My dad asked still looking angry.

"Oh yes, Serenity, may I have a cup of water?" Cold asks as he turns to me.

I nod and went to the kitchen and got a classic red plastic cup and filled the water to the brim. I walked back out of the kitchen to see Cold smiling brightly at me.

"Serenity, if you would please throw the water on your father." Cold said sweetly.

"What?" My father and I yelled at Cold in unison.

"What kind of thing is this, why would you want her to pour water on me and its almost at freezing temperature!" My dad barked angrily at Cold who just sat there smiling. 

"Cold I'm not gonna throw water on my dad.I know he yelled at you a lot but.., "I trailed off as Cold stood up continuing to smile.

"Then throw it onto me." Cold said.

"Gladly," My dad said getting out of his seat on the other side of the table and grabbing the cup from my hand and throwing it at Cold and almost touch his face when it turned into ice! 

Cold caught the ice with his bare hands and held it out in front of us. It was long and jagged, just as the water had come out of the cup. "I have demonstrated." He simply said. 

I touch the piece of ice and  it is solid.

"But it was just liquid how did you?" My father fell silent as he also touched the piece and taking it out of Cold's grasp holding it up towards the light to examine it. 

"I can also reshape it. Hold the ice steady," He told dad as he laid only his index finger onto the ice and it started to reshape into a cube in my father's hands. 

"Do you believe me now?" Cold said as he took the ice cube from my dad's hands and dropped it back into the cup returning it to liquid. 

We were both stunned, loss for words, the cats have our tongues. 

"What about your homeland?" I asked curious.

"Oh, where is the largest mirror in your home?" He asked looking throughout the living room. 

"Its at the end of the hall upstairs.Why?" 

"I need it for to talk to my mother."

I show him upstairs and my dad follows staring at Cold more but not with anger in his eyes, a look of disbelief and wonder.

Cold steps up to the long gold trimmed mirror and blows silently in the top two corners. Frost slowly creeps down the sides,middle and ends of it making a cracking sound as it progresses. The mirror is now covered in thick ice. Cold slowly reaches up and places a hand on the center of the mirror and the ice breaks revealing a light fog that soon clears revealing a wooded area with animals and what looks to be a mountain in the background. The forest area starts to move fast headed for the mountain,but stops at what looks to be a cliff on the left side of the mountain. The image moves closer and what is on the cliff is a house engraved inside it! 

'Its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.' I say in wonder. 

"It should be, its Nakquiyusha." 



© 2013 Mystic_Angel


Author's Note

Mystic_Angel
I don't know why I switched from dad to father and I hope the name Nakquiyusha doesnt sound ghetto xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Omg...I just loved it! I found it funny on the part when he told her to throw the water at her dad! I was like...lol good job! ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mystic_Angel

10 Years Ago

=) thank you
Ellie EM

10 Years Ago

No probs. ^^ and just to let u know I've finally finished Paranormal Love! ^^ tell me what u think o.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
1 Review
Added on July 16, 2013
Last Updated on July 16, 2013
Tags: fantasy, love, world, mirror


Author

Mystic_Angel
Mystic_Angel

Natchez, MS



About
I have been writing random fan-fiction for anime/manga for over a year, I even tried making a few original ones. Now I want to branch out and try new things like poetry and short stories. I enjoy watc.. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Story by Mystic_Angel