Chapter 12- Frightened

Chapter 12- Frightened

A Chapter by Sunny

Chapter 12- Frightened

There was a light knock at my bedroom door. I sat up and told whoever it was open.

“Hey, I brought you some dinner.”

“Why?” completely forgetting the break up forgetting the break up with Jake.

 “I’ll get a plate and stuff you go wash up, ok?” I nodded instead my throat hurting.

Tears rolled down my cheek as it all came flooding back, all it took was one look in the mirror seeing my eyes red and puffy, my hair in a mess.

I missed him, I wish he loved me back the way I did. Leaning against the side wall I slid down to the floor crying, getting louder and louder.

There was a quiet knocking at the door which I could barely hear over my croaking cries. Harry walked in coming over to me and sitting opposite me, he lifted my head so I was looking at him.

“Shh, come over here.” I didn’t respond I just kept crying. He pulled me into a hug rubbing circles into my back trying to calm me down, but I just kept crying into his shoulder.  He picked me up and sat me on the bed.

“Sorry you’re seeing me like this, in a mess. I look disgusting right now,” I let out a small laugh.

“Why are you sorry? And you don’t look disgusting you are beautiful, even like this. Now eat up or I might have to force you,” he said with one of his smiles.

“And how will you do that?” I responded back with a smirk, feeling better that someone was here.  My stomach rumbled and I ate the pasta without waiting for his response.

Half way through I looked up to see Harry staring at me with a look of concentration, which made me feel slightly awkward. “Wait. You’re not eating, why is that?”

“Because I ate before, it’s nine, almost ten.” He snapped out of thought. Wow, I slept for a real long time no wonder I got so hungry all of a sudden.

“Oh. Thanks.” Was all I said and I continued finishing the dinner. Harry looked around my room and found my computer.

“Can I use it?”

“Wait!” I yelled as panic rushed through me whilst he opened the screen and with me being silly enough not to have a password it opened to the page it was left on. My screen background was a slideshow of individual pictures of the boys and some of my other favourite singers. Harry let out a chuckle as it came to his picture first and one after the other was his.

“A bit too late to change the lovely pictures of me, Sorry,” he laughed as I buried my face into the pillow. I got up and went downstairs to put the plates away as the door knocked.

“Who’s there?” no one responded, I looked through the small peek hole and saw nobody. The very next second there was a deafening sound of glass shattering as. A new wave of panic ran through me as I heard the people coming into the house through the windows they smashed. I ran up the stair as silently as I could and ran to Harry who had managed to open the ladder that reached to the top of the house from my room. Once we were safely inside Harry asked me if I was ok, which I was.
“You got your phone?” I whispered to him as he reached into his pocket and made sure it was on silent before sending a text to all the boys and Jowell and Kay.
I could faintly here my bedroom door open and then close, footsteps moved around beneath us as we held our breath hoping they didn’t look up. “Guys come here!” Mums room door was opened. Mum.

“Harry is mum home?” I asked him sick in the stomach thinking of all the things that could happen to her if they catch her.

“No, when I had come she had left the house and said she wouldn’t be coming back until the morning because she has stuff to do,” he whispered back his phone lit up, “Police are on the way and so is security.”

“Hurry, police are here.”

“Just leave the stuff,” another voice shouted.

“Run! Run! Run!” a third voice screamed all the voices belonged to girls, which sounded familiar and one belonging to a male.

“They’re at the back as well. No point in running.”

We heard the police arrest the people who broke in and they called out for us. Hesitantly I opened the door and the ladder folded down. Harry climbed down first then helped me down as I climbed with my hands shaking and tears filling my eyes for the millionth time today but from the horrid event that just happened. Once I got down Harry helped me keep my balance as we walked down to the hall where everything was an absolute mess. Mum’s vase smashed on the floor, the TV with a huge crack through the middle of it. The cabinets scratched and mum’s jewellery box contents scattered all over the floor. Her bedroom door was open and her clothes were thrown onto the floor in piles.

Harry put his hands on my shoulders, “Look here,” he said softly, “Shh, I know you’re scared and confused but you have to try and be calm ok?”

I nodded and took deep breaths in and out. “Do you want to go outside? Get some fresh air,” I nodded once again.

Harry’s POV

The break up and then a break into her house, she’s had a tough day and I hate to see her crying.

“What’s wrong with my life?” I heard her mumble as we walked outside.

“Don’t say that.”

“Why? It’s true, Jake was the only person other than Kay I told everything to, who I trusted, but no. He didn’t love me the way I thought he did. Now, my house has been broken into and I have no idea why. I don’t feel safe anymore Harry,” she said looking up at me; it was obvious she was broken. A tear rolled down her cheek once more I lifted my hand to her face and wiped it away with my thumb.

“Don’t worry I’m here. The boys are here. Kay and the girls are here. We’re all here for you, ok. What do you want to do tonight? You definitely can’t sleep here tonight any way with the house a wreck.”

She took a deep breath in and replied, “Whatever, mum will probably stay with some family or Kay’s.”

“You could go to Kay’s or come to ours, whichever, get some clothes and I’ll see when we can leave.” I gave her a hug, kissed her forehead and she went back inside whilst I walked over to the officers in charge.

Summer’s POV

I walked into my room to get my clothes thinking about why my house was targeted out of all the houses in the street. I grabbed a few pairs of clothes and shoved them in a sling bag, packing all my toiletries and anything I needed. My computer, IPod, purse anything important to me. Just as I was about to run out of the room a white folded piece of paper caught my eye on the floor. I grabbed it and shoved it in my bag with all my other things to read later.

“They would like to ask a few questions and then we are free to go, your mums on her way,” Harry told me as we walked over to the officers.
Half an hour later and they were still questioning me and repeating questions I didn’t know to try and get the most out of me, which I didn’t understand why. Harry was on the phone with Paul and I was left alone with the officers.

“Do you know any of these people or recognise them at all?” an officer asked me for the third time and my reply was still the same for the third time. Instants later mums’ car drove in and she parked on the grass. She stumbled out of the car and looked horrified at what she could see from the outside, silently I thought ‘great, wait till she sees the inside’. As soon as she saw me I walked up to her and gave her a hug, I could hear her sobbing into my shoulder, she whispered in my ears, “Go, you need to go, they’re back, try not to worry about me ok I’ll be fine.”

“What are you talking about mum? They caught the men who broke into our house. We’ll be fine,” I said confused to the max at what mum was talking about. Why was she saying this?

“No Summer, that’s not it you need to go,” with that she gave me a kiss and walked over to Harry who was standing by his car.

“Thank-you very much, you can go home it’s all fine,” was all she said to Harry and she walked towards the officers.

We hopped into the car and Harry took me to their house where the others were waiting.

“You alright you look a little pale,” he said at a traffic light looking at me.

“Uh, yea just a little shaken up by everything that’s happened today.”

The rest of the short car ride was in complete silence whilst we were both preparing for the drama that we would face as soon as we stepped out of the car.
“Crap,” Harry muttered as a flash went off to the side of the car just before we were going to get out of the car. I looked at him confused and he told me to cover my face before we run out of the car. I pulled my hood down to cover as much of my face as I could as we dashed to the door with flashes going off behind us. 

“What an interesting day,” I said as we closed the door closed and we made our way to the living room where everyone would most likely be.
“Very and it’s about to get better,” Harry told me just as we walked through the door.

“Oh my gosh, thank god you guys are fine. Wait, are you alright?” Kay gushed as we walked in.  I threw my bag down and walked to the beanbag in the corner.

“Yea we’re fine, just a lot to handle in one day.”

“Do you want to say what happened?” Liam said a little calmer looking at us concerned like the others were.

“Weellll…Firstly I walked downstairs to put my plate away, and then the next second people are smashing through the windows. I ran back up to Harry who already had attic door hatch thingy open, can’t remember what they’re called. We had to stay silent, that’s when we asked you guys to help. One man walked into my room and you could hear smashing outside, he walked in paused then walked out. Police came caught them and we came out. That’s a rough outline of what happened.”

“So they caught them, but do you know why they did it?” Louis said seriously, which was something completely different for me.

“Yea but I don’t know why they did so much damage yet didn’t take anything,” I said my throat starting to kill from all the crying and craziness of today, “Do you have anything for the throat, it kills. Ugh Im so tired yet I slept heaps.”

“Where do you want to sleep? I’ll get something for you whilst you decide.” Liam said as he got up to go to the kitchen.
“Where ever, where are you guys sleeping?” I said to the girls.

“We’re going home, but we can come in the morning or whatever.”

“Ok, I’m soo sleepy,” I rubbed my eyes and fell asleep on the couch.

I felt myself being moved, I opened my eyes and saw I was being carried. My first instinct was to scream to the person to put me down, you couldn’t be too careful, but just as I was about to open my mouth the light turned on and I saw Harry’s face.

“Shh, go back to sleep,” he said as he laid me down in bed and put the covers over me and walked towards the door.

“Where are you going?” I said half asleep.

“To sleep on the sofa, why?”

“Can you stay here? I’m scared, please?” I paused a moment and thought how silly it sounded.

“If you want,” was all he said and he hopped in.



© 2012 Sunny


Author's Note

Sunny
please let me know if its getting boring cause i feel it might be, and tell me if there are any mistakes because i havent done a proper edit through.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012


Author

Sunny
Sunny

Australia



About
Welll... I write in my spare time (or whenever i feel like it). Sunny isn't my real name but just a pen name. I LOVE music. Bands- One Direction!!, The Script, The Wanted, Selena Gomez and The.. more..

Writing
Random stories Random stories

A Book by Sunny


Their Last Hope Their Last Hope

A Story by Sunny


Escape Escape

A Book by Sunny