Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

A change occurs in Louise and Mr. Black's life.

"

     Snow was still falling and it was still always dark. I still had my plans to leave this Wolf People's world. Soon I hoped to put those carefully thought out plans into action. One problem in my plan to escape was that the Wolf Child inside me was rapidly growing and getting large now.

 

    I was big and awkward and I was tired all the time.

 

  My friends came by to see me daily, several times a day. Not so much Mr. Stalker. Seems baby talk didn't much interest him.

 

    My appetite had pretty much returned to normal.

 

    I spent most of my time now stretched out on my bed, or curled on my side, no position was comfortable.

 

    I still had my lessons on all that is Wolf People, but these sessions took place in my bedroom now.

 

    And I wrote as much of it down as I could.

 

    Mr. Black often rubbed my back and I was so grateful he did. My back was aching almost all the time now. I tried not to get him upset with me these days. I felt helpless and vulnerable right now, so big with my unborn Wolf Child. I didn't think getting him angry was the smart thing to do when I felt so helpless.

 

    One day Miss Rose came alone to see me. I really liked her, with her black hair, black eyes and dark skin. And I really was enchanted by her voice.

 

   As she settled on the bed to read to me I decided now was the right time to ask what I so wanted to know. That was, had there been a relationship between Dawn and Mr. Black.

 

    "I have a question before we start the lessons." I said.

 

    Miss Rose looked at me. "Oh? Okay."

 

    I was certain she was expecting my question to be about Wolf People traditions or history or something related to that.

 

    Miss Rose looked at me, waiting. I took a deep breath. "Were Mr. Black and Dawn mates?" I blurted out in a rush.

 

    Miss Rose made a small startled sound. She looked nervously around as if Mr. Black was lurking nearby and might over hear.

 

    "Louise! Why do you ask that question?"

 

    "Dawn must have had a reason to hate me, to believe I stole Mr. Black from her. Otherwise her hatred of me for stealing Mr. Black from her doesn't make any sense." I was thinking too of Red Eyes and Silver Eyes hating me to the point of wanting me dead. And they had a couple other Wolf People running with them now. I'd think of nicknames for them soon.

 

    "Dawn and Mr. Black were never mates. Dawn wanted him. She made that obvious. He was never interested in her. And he made that obvious."

 

    I looked at Miss Rose. She looked back at me.

 

    "Then Dawn is crazy! And it runs in her family!" I said.

 

    "Yes." Agreed Miss Rose. "She has problems in her thinking."

 

    I shifted on the bed, unable to get comfortable. Outside the bedroom window huge snowflakes drifted earthward horizontally. The snow was very deep now.

 

    As big and awkward as I'd gotten I found it difficult lately to get through the now. I sighed. I wanted this baby to come but I was also very afraid for it to come.

 

    Afraid even though I was told many times birthing was easy for female Wolf People. There'd be hardly any or no pain, my life wouldn't be in danger and delivering wouldn't last long at all.

 

    "Forget Dawn. Miss Ivy, Morning, Cedar nor Miss Clover can get near you. You have nothing to worry about."

 

    Cedar and Miss Clover were Red Eyes and Silver Eyes new pals in hating me.

 

    "I'm not so confident. I wished they'd all go away. I'm sick of all their hateful looks directed at me."

 

    Miss Rose scooted closer to me and took one of my hands in hers. "We need to talk to Mr. Black about this. And he can talk to the Pack Leader. It needs to stop."

 

   I looked at her. Thought of my unborn Wolf Child and thought of my planned flight back to the Human World.

 

    Getting the Dawn Fan Club off my back would mean less Wolf People watching me. And after my Wolf Child was born I hoped I'd be off the Pack's Watch List altogether. All this would be good.

 

    "Okay, Miss Rose. I think talking to Mr. Black about this would be best. Obviously his warnings haven't done the trick completely."

 

    "It's as good as done." Said Miss Rose, squeezing my hand and smiling. She let go of my hand and picked up her papers. "Shall we get back to the lessons?"

 

    "Okay." I said, shifting again, thinking I'd move my plans to escape forward.

 

    Then suddenly a very weird feeling shot through my stomach. It didn't hurt, it just felt like my muscles were being pulled or tugged very hard.

 

    I shifted so I could put my hands on my huge tummy. I felt that weird tugging again and gasped.

 

    "What is it Louise?" Asked Miss Rose.

 

    "I don't know." I said, my heart pounding, my body feeling flushed with fear. "A weird feeling. Here." I pointed to my stomach.

 

     It came again, stronger this time. I sat up, my eyes getting big and round and I cried out.

 

    "I'm having my baby!" I just knew it! I felt it moving in me, like it was getting into position to be born! This was nothing like the times I felt it kicking or shifting inside me.

 

    The lesson papers flew out of Miss Rose's hands as she shot up off the bed. "I'll get the others! I'll be right back!"

 

    "Hurry!" I cried.

 

    "I'm hurrying!" And she was out of the house.

 

    And was right back with Miss Snow and Pine. Mr. Black showed up a little later, anxious and excited at the same time.

 

    Miss Snow, Miss Rose and Pine set about getting things ready for my delivery. And it happened. It was almost uneventful, except of course, for the end result. All was as I was told it would be. It was painless and over very quickly.

 

    Then I held a little baby boy Wolf Child in my arms.

 

    I cried. Mr. Black was beaming with pride and happiness. I fell in love with my son instantly, even before he was placed in my arms. And my world suddenly went through a profound change.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ch 11

There is a strong pregnancy fantasy going on here, methinks. Many femteen readers will like that. Mr B is the man of course.
I like this line, 'She has problems in her thinking.' It seems to show that human stype problems may not be unique to we thinkers.

My first real criticism here. Cld that birthing be a little more dynamic? It all seems tooo easy. And if it is to be easy can she perhaps be sent into some ancient style of natural trance?

The last two lines of this chapter are the best to my mind, suggesting, as they do, that all may be about to change for L.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ch 12

This is very full on, 'It wld be off with their heads with a sword.'

The stakes are also raised by, 'Delighted he said he wld kill for me.' And then her blurted, 'I love you.' it is as if the will to kill leads to love.

O that evil grin at the end! L is determined to get rid of her rivals. And Mr.B her swordsman in both senses of the word, is set to do her bidding.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ch 11

There is a strong pregnancy fantasy going on here, methinks. Many femteen readers will like that. Mr B is the man of course.
I like this line, 'She has problems in her thinking.' It seems to show that human stype problems may not be unique to we thinkers.

My first real criticism here. Cld that birthing be a little more dynamic? It all seems tooo easy. And if it is to be easy can she perhaps be sent into some ancient style of natural trance?

The last two lines of this chapter are the best to my mind, suggesting, as they do, that all may be about to change for L.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awe the baby!!!! well everytime i read this book it just pulls me back in! you are such a great writer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah! The little Wolf Baby is born. This sure will change Louise and Mr. Black's life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm glad Mr. Black and Dawn never had a relationship too. Dawn is crazy, that's for sure. Cute Wolf Baby.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm so happy that Mr. Black and Dawn never had a relationship, but it just shows how crazy she really is. I'm waiting for her return to prove her craziness. The wolf baby is finally there I can't wait to see how this affects Louise and Mr. Blacks relationship. This is truly a wonderful story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like this one alot, This is wonderful. Intense and wonderful! Very well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

653 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan