Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Confrontations.

"

    More excited than I should be I raced to the kitchen window to see what I could of what happened between Miss Rose and Mr. Black.

 

    Looking out I saw a coal black Wolf streaking away from the house and heading across the village.

 

    Then I saw a dark Wolf, much larger than the coal black Wolf, race after it.

 

    Mr. Black and Miss Rose!

 

    Show down!

 

    Or so I thought.

 

    Another Werewolf, a large silver one, stepped out from around another house and stood in Mr. Black’s path.

 

    I knew the silver Wolf was the Pack Leader.

 

    Both he and Mr. Black shape shifted into their human forms. Then they stood there talking a few minutes. Then they walked off together.

 

    Mr. Black didn’t appear upset nor did the Pack Leader. I figured it was something unrelated to Miss Rose that had stopped the chase.

 

    I sighed, disappointed and turned away from the window. “Damn.” I muttered. I wanted this problem of Miss Rose to end. And I was sure it almost had a moment or two ago. I sighed and headed back to the bedroom.

 

    Armand was awake now and standing up in his baby bed. He smiled when he saw me and held up his arms, wanting to be picked up and taken out of his baby bed.

 

    It was full daylight now and sunny.

 

    I decided a little fresh air and sunlight would be good for Armand, as brief as the sunlight would be.

 

    I picked him up. “Hello honey.” I talked baby talk to him.

 

    Armand made some cute sounds back to me, obviously I thought, trying to talk to me in return.

 

    It was slowly getting warm so I went to get a light jacket for Armand from the bedroom closet, resting him on my hip and keeping one arm around him to hold him in place as I did so.

 

    I got the jacket and headed for the front room. As soon as I entered the front room there came a knock at the front door.

 

    I set Armand and his jacket down on the couch, knowing who was at the door.

 

    I was irritated, vastly irritated. I knew it was Miss Rose! I wanted Armand no where near her! I didn’t even want to be near her!

 

    I swung the door open, fighting down the Wolf in me wanting to rise up and do battle with the enemy standing before me!

 

    “You look like you have fire flaring in your eyes.” Miss Rose said to me.

 

    “What are you doing here?”

 

    She tried to push past me into the house. As she did I pushed back. It was childish in a way, this little pushing match we were having.

 

     “Oh stop Louise! I need to talk to you!”

 

    “I have nothing to say! You’re not welcome in my home. You’re just a problem! Nothing but a problem!” I kept my place blocking the door.

 

    Miss Rose tried to get all the way by me and into the house but I wouldn’t budge.

 

    “What could you possibly have to say to me that I want to hear?” I asked her while keeping her out of my house.

 

    She heaved a big sigh and gave up trying to push past me.

 

    “Listen Louise. You need to hear this. You need to leave Mr. Black. He’s no good for you. Look what he’s done to you. Forced you here. Forced the change upon you. Gotten you pregnant. Twice now. Doing that by forcing himself on you.” She looked down at my swelling belly. “This all has been forced upon you! Don’t you realize? Are you not thinking!”

 

    I reached out my hand to slap her face in my sudden rage.

 

    She managed to catch my wrist and stop the slap from happening.

 

    I growled, I didn’t like at all hearing what Miss Rose said to me. The Wolf in me was starting to emerge.

 

    “Calm down! Be reasonable!” Miss Rose growled.

 

    “You go too far! Do you think I’d leave Mr. Black for you?”

 

    “You’d be happier!”

 

    I laughed, then growled and shape shifted into my ash colored Wolf Form.

 

    I heard Miss Rose howl and knew she was shape shifting too.

 

    We stood in the open doorway, two angry Werewolves snarling threateningly at each other.

 

    I puffed up until my hair was standing on end, making myself look bigger than I was.

 

    Miss Rose did the same.

 

    I lowered my head, threatening, my bushy tail rose.

 

    I would kill Miss Rose right here and now if she dared take a single step toward me.

 

    Armand was sitting on the couch. I heard him start whimpering, not sure if he should be scared or not.

 

    That put me in an even deeper rage. Everything in my vision became covered with misty crimson.

 

    I was in kill mode.

 

    I let out a horrible snarling roar, bunching my muscles to attack.

 

    Miss Rose suddenly fell over on her side, and then rolled over on her back, exposing her throat and belly to me.

 

    Her surrender was like flipping a trigger in me, turning off my killing rage.

 

    I relaxed my muscles. I stood over Miss Rose, keeping my dominate position.

 

    Miss Rose looked up at me out of her coal black Wolf eyes and whined.

 

    I stepped back, giving her a chance to get to her feet and get out of here.

 

    Which Miss Rose did.

 

    As she leaped to her feet and turned to leave a silvery white and silver grey Wolf appeared.

 

    They had their heads lowered and were growling, their lips pulled back exposing their sharp canines.

 

    Miss Snow and Mr. Stalker.

 

    Miss Rose in her coal black Wolf Form stood facing them.

 

    I watched from where I stood in the open door of my house, one ear turned back to stay focused on Armand, my other pointy ear forward as I watched what was about to happen unfold before me.

 

    All three werewolves stood there growling. I waited.

 

    Then Miss Rose leaped a foot or so in the air, turning as she did and dashed into the shadowy Douglas Fir and budding Broadleaf Maple forest with Miss Snow and Mr. Stalker right behind her.

 

    I watched them as they raced off through the shrubbery of the shadowy and sun splashed forest.

 

    When they were out of sight I shape shifted back into my Human Form and went back into the house and shut the door.

 

    I felt shaken by my showdown with Miss Rose. I picked up Armand who stopped whimpering as soon as I did.

 

    “It’s okay my love.” I whispered to him.

 

    I sat on the couch rocking him, comforting him and trying to relax myself.

 

    That was when I heard a Wolf growling loudly as it raced by the house.

 

    I jumped up, Armand in my arms, and rushed to the door and flung it open just in time to see Mr. Black in Wolf Form and two other Werewolves race into the forest where Miss Rose, Miss Snow and Mr. Stalker had entered a few minutes ago.

 

    I smiled.

 

    Maybe Miss Rose was about to go the same way as Dawn and Company had gone.

 

    I shut the door and sat down on the couch again, holding Armand on my lap.

 

    And waited.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A serious showdown. Too bad Louise didn't take care of Miss Rose herself, but then she has a Wolf Baby to take care of. Mr. Black will fix this, I'm certain.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Thought there was going to be a fight! Exciting!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought with Mrs. Rose surrendering the way she did Louise would listen to what it was she had to say. Have a rational conversation but that isn't what happened so the suspense is really building. I love how the story is going.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wish I cuold get my stories to set up like yours. Yours read so well. Ilike this chapter everything holds
together so well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

571 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 23 Chapter 23

A Chapter by Tina Kline