Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise rebels against her life with the Wolf People.

"

    My Blood Hunger had calmed down a bit; I had it a little under control.  But realizing I was pregnant had been a major shock! An unpleasant one at that.

 

    The Wolf People were joyous. Even the Pack Leader and his mate showed up at our house to congratulate Mr. Black.

 

    They hardly noticed me. It was all 'A job well done, Mr. Black!' 'You did the Pack proud, Mr. Black!' and nothing for me. It was like he'd performed this miracle all by himself.

 

    When the Leader and his mate left he did nod at me and she smiled.

 

    I felt nothing. And for the first time since coming to the Wolf People village I was feeling bitter.

 

     It was colder now. The leaves were turning yellow and orange on the Broadleaf Maples and clouds passed overhead most of the time.

 

    The Wolf People started wearing black coats of all lengths and black jackets.

 

    Pine, Miss Snow and Mr. Stalker hadn't been by in a while. They'd shown up right after Mr. Black had made the announcement he was responsible for a Wolf Child to soon be joining the Pack to congratulate us.

 

    Then, after that, I was alone. Mr. Black was always just hovering near me, watching me and feeding me.

 

    Wooden bowls full of raw, cubed still warm freshly killed meat. That kept the worse of the Blood Hunger at bay.

 

    I stood at the kitchen window staring out past the village houses to the Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest beyond.

 

    The night sky was over cast. Large raindrops were slowly dripping earthward. I heard owls calling back and forth in the tree tops. In the distance two coyotes sang together.

 

    Despite the chill on the night air several Wolf People were out and about. Most moved to the edge of the forest, shape shifted into their Wolf Forms and slipped into the darkness. And while they were going out others were coming in.

 

    I sighed. I wanted to slip away into the dark dripping night forest and hunt deer and elk.

 

    I was painfully tired of being cooped up inside. I was not fragile. I would not break. Pregnancy didn't make females helpless.

 

    I heard Mr. Black come into the kitchen but I didn't turn.

 

    "Come now Louise. Don't do this to yourself." He said.

 

    "I'm not doing it. You and the other Wolf People are doing it, keeping me prisoner."

 

    "It's for your own good."

 

    "No it's not! I want to run as Wolf!" I said bitterly.

 

    "You know you can't. Stop torturing yourself." Mr. Black took me by the arm and forced me to the couch.

 

    As I dreamed of escaping to the Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest and running until I was far from this village Mr. Black talked about all sorts of things, thinking he was entertaining me.

 

    While he kept talking and while I wasn't listening I was thinking of returning to my former world, the human world, and start up a second life there, keeping my Werewolf condition secret.

 

    I smiled to myself. I'd be free to do as I wanted. I liked that idea. I liked it a lot.

 

 

 

    Hours later Mr. Black and I went to bed but first he'd gotten me another wooden bowl of steaming freshly killed cubed meat.

 

    Mr. Black fell asleep first. I stayed awake. I carefully got out of bed, making as little movement as possible so as not to wake him and crept out of the bedroom to the porch.

 

    I sat on the steps and stared up at the heavily clouded sky. Fat drops of rain fell every once in a while, making loud splats as they hit the soil.

 

     I was considering shape shifting into my Wolf Form and racing off into the night dark forest, hoping no one was looking my way.

 

    I stood up and stepped off the steps and was just on the verge of shape shifting when I heard voices.

 

    They were coming my way.

 

    "I know she thinks she's special. It should have been Dawn with Mr. Black's child, not that..." They made a gagging sound.

 

    I felt a heated wave of anger sweep over me.

 

    "And because of...her Dawn isn't here anymore."

 

    "Everyone thinks that Louise is special, because of how easily and quickly she got pregnant."

 

    They were two females talking and I turned to face them as they came around the corner of my house.

 

    "Got something to say to me?" I asked, a growl rumbling in my chest.

 

    "What are you doing out here? Aren't you supposed to stay inside?" Asked the first female, her red eyes looking ominous.

 

    "Yes. You and your unborn Wolf Child?" The second female said with a sneer. She looked a little like Dawn and had silver eyes.

 

    "Jealous, are we?" I asked, the growl in my chest growing louder.

 

    "You don't scare us." Said Red Eyes.

 

    "Not one bit." Said Silver Eyes.

 

    "Am I supposed to care?" I asked.

 

     "You should. Just because Dawn isn't here anymore doesn't mean she is lacking in influence here." Warned Red Eyes.

 

    "That sounds like a threat." I said.

 

    "Take it as a warning. Dawn isn't done with you. She still wants her revenge for you taking what was hers." Said Red Eyes.

 

    I laughed, a harsh sound. I knew they were talking about Dawn thinking I stole Mr. Black from her. "If it was hers I could never have taken it. She can't get that into her stupid head, can she?"

 

    Silver Eyes growled.

 

    "If you weren't pregnant we'd take you out in the forest and kill you now." Said Red Eyes.

 

    Then they went on by and I watched them go, feeling a little shocked. Hearing someone say they wanted to out right kill me didn't create a pleasant feeling in me.

 

    I thought again of escaping back to the human world. I knew I'd be able to fit right back in.

 

    I wasn't going to tell Mr. Black of these two Dawn Fans threats to my life. I looked at the waiting Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest with longing.

 

   I could hear the coyotes singing. I wanted to point my head heavenward and howl. I wanted to be free.

 

    I took two steps toward the forest and made my decision. I did not feel any eyes on me, I felt no Wolf People watching, so I gave into my desires.

 

    I shape shifted into my Wolf Form and slipped into the welcoming night forest. And I ran!

 

    I ran like the devil himself was pursuing me!

 

    I ran in the direction I remembered Mr. Black led me in to reach the Human World. I felt wild and exhilarated! I felt freedom claiming me!

 

      I knew I was going to return to the Human World and start my life over again!

 

    I didn't want to be trapped in that house with Mr. Black with no freedom and now with threats being made on my life!

 

    I howled as I ran!

 

    And I was coming upon the first evidence I was closing in on the misty grey veil separating the two worlds.

 

    There was the loud pat pat pat sound as water dripped from the trees and shrubs and mists coiling and reaching in between tree trunks and boulders a few feet off the ground.

 

    Freedom! I thought! My heart racing with a combination of fear of the unknown and excitement!

 

    I stopped running and shape shifted back to my human form knowing I couldn't go crashing through the misty veil looking like a werewolf.

 

   As I took a step forward I heard a voice that stopped me cold with shock and freezing horror.

 

   "And just where do you think you're going Louise?" Asked Mr. Black.

 

    I turned to face him, knowing I was as white as an old fashioned bed sheet! I couldn't even find my voice to respond.

 

   He stepped toward me and took my hand. "After all that excitement you need to return home and rest."

 

   He led me back home through the forest. He didn't say another word. I was afraid of punishment but all he did was fix me another wooden bowl of steamy freshly killed cubed meat which I could hardly choke down.

 

   "Now to bed Louise. And stay there this time." He said with force.

 

    I crawled into bed and he slipped in beside me.

 

    I fell asleep first this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
There is more to come.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I knew she still remembered her human world and I love how she is faced with the decision to stay in the Wolf World or return to the Human world. It gives the story more depth and keeps you wanting more. I can't imagine her ever breaking through Mr Black will never let her out of his sight. Great story. I'm loving every chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ch 6

No more billions of stars and the moon. Now we have a dark sky which weeps raindrop tears. L seems unhappy now. But she is not to be crushed. She thinks of escape. It turns her on. The thought of going back through the mist and getting what she wants makes her seem like the renegade human who has now become the renegade WW, quite a feisty one! In some ways Mr.B has become that dullest of men, a possessive husband who wants to keep his wife tame. Hugely ironic in this context!

The sub-plot of Dawn and her Eyes offers great potential for a good old b***h fight, too.

Again -- it is at the heart of your story -- you give us a little hit of L feeling 'wild and exhilarated.' The way things are in our normal city lives such feelings are often hard to come by! Which is another reason for reading escapist fantasy! I wld love to feel 'freedom claiming me.' from time to time.

But it is not to be for L. Mr. B is now her warden it seems. And she falls asleep with N O gentle lovemaking this time (just like many millions of disappointed women do).



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

She almost made it. Louise is quite unhappy. Things aren't going to well for her in the Wolf People world. Maybe Mr. Black ought to pay more attention to her. Hmmm.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poor Louise. I really feel for her. She wants to live and be free, but the village isn't letting her. And the whole thing with Dawn's fans are whatnot is really intriguing! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel for Louise. Life doesn't seem all that fun for her in the Wolf People world. don't blame her for wanting to leave.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I knew she still remembered her human world and I love how she is faced with the decision to stay in the Wolf World or return to the Human world. It gives the story more depth and keeps you wanting more. I can't imagine her ever breaking through Mr Black will never let her out of his sight. Great story. I'm loving every chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It really amazes me on how you can come up with such brillant ideas for each chapter. I like your wolf
stories they captivate me. Can't wait to read more of this one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

499 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..