Chapter 4: Cofession

Chapter 4: Cofession

A Chapter by Ayame Kurosaki
"

Minami has his reasons. Reasons that shock tamaki.

"

Chapter 4: Confession

 

            “It began two months ago, I had taken a customer to local restaurant so she could sample Japanese cuisine. You know how tourists love to come to host clubs so they can see Tokyo from a local point of view. Her name was Clair, I think. She couldn’t speak much Japanese, so I was glad I knew how to speak English. It was her first time here and she was acting so gullible, it was funny. She oohed and aahed at every single little thing, I couldn’t help but let my guard down. Except I let it down a little too much.
            “That’s when things got bad. After dinner, we went to one of the very few movie theaters that play English-language movies. When we were done there, we started back to Club Blu. I was getting tired and I could see Clair was too, so I showed her a short cut back to the club. It was dark. Really dark. I heard a noise coming from an alleyway. I thought it was a cat and thought nothing of it.
            “A figure jumped out at us and Clair fainted. I tried to protect her as best to my abilities; but you know I’ve never been good at fighting.” Minami gave a small, forced laugh. “I could tell the figure was a man but I couldn’t see his face. He quickly overpowered me, tied my hands behind my back and gagged me. He then dragged me into a large, black, foreign car that looked like an Escalade of some sort.” Minami couldn’t go on.
            “What happened next Minami? You can tell me,” Tamaki coaxed. Minami gulped and took another sip of wine.
            “My attacker then blindfolded me and told me to keep quiet. I did as told in fear of getting hurt and exposing my friends to these horrible people. After that, I blacked out.
            “From what I was told, Clair woke up a few minutes after I had left. She was scared for me, so she ran back to Club Blu as fast as she could and called the police. The police had tracked the SUV through my cell phone that I had in my coat pocket. They arrested the people in the car and I woke up at the police station. I went home a little later, too shocked to do anything else. I’ve gotten really paranoid since then. That’s why Toko-san was so worried about me.” Minami finished speaking. He finished his wine as well.
            “Oh, Minami. I’m so sorry. That’s why you fainted today. You must’ve thought it was them,” Tamaki consoled gently. “Do you think that Zaki and Taki are behind this?” At the sound of his brothers’ names, Minami winced.
            “I-I’d rather not think about that,” Minami stuttered.
            “Okay. I won’t pressure you. It was traumatic. I’m sorry,” Tamaki said quietly.
            “Oh, nii-sama. I’m really scared. That’s why I wanted to stay with you,” Minami said quickly. He moved to the other side of the booth they were eating at and sat down next to Tamaki. Minami put his arms around Tamaki and started to cry. Tamaki looked down at his ‘little brother’ and patted his surprisingly soft blonde head.
            “It’s okay Minami. I’ll protect you.” He hugged Minami and tried to calm him down. “Hey, Minami.” Minami looked up. Tamaki couldn’t help laugh at the questionable expression on Minami’s face.
            “Hey, what’s so funny?” Minami asked annoyed.
            “It’s nothing really.” Tamaki settled himself down. “I just wondered if you wanted some ice cream.” Tamaki smirked. Ice cream was Minami’s weakness.
            “Ice cream?!” Minami sat straight up. “Of course I want some ice cream! Come on let’s go.”
            “Hold on there Minami, I have to pay for our food,” Tamaki said before Minami ran off. “Now go sit where you were before so no one gets the wrong idea.”
            “Ookaay,” Minami said like a child giving up, and sat back down.
            Tamaki paid the bill and they left, gathering even more stares on the way out of the restaurant. Once in the car, Minami started to babble about what flavor of ice cream he wanted and if he wanted one scoop or two. Tamaki smiled. He was glad Minami wasn’t worrying anymore; but he was still concerned about what would happen to him next.
            It took them only ten minutes to get to the ice cream parlor. Minami all but ran through the door. ‘My goodness, he can be such a kid some times.’ Tamaki thought, smirking after Minami. Again they got the creepy stares, but Tamaki didn’t care and Minami was too focused on getting his creamy treat to notice. They ordered their ice cream and left for Tamaki’s apartment.
            “Minami, did you want anything from your house?” Tamaki asked. “Before we get to my apartment anyways.”
            “No, as long as I can borrow some of your clothes I’ll be fine.” Once they got to the parking lot, Minami lead the way out of the car and into the penthouse. They dropped everything, but their ice cream, on two chairs near the front door.
            “Hey, nii-sama?” Minami asked cautiously.
            “You know Minami, you can just call me Tamaki in private. I call you Minami instead of Minami-kun. Now what is it," Tamaki replied.
            “I feel better when I call you nii-sama. It makes me believe you really are my brother. But that’s not the point, I wanted to know if you would like to watch a movie with me,” Minami said indignantly.
            “Sure I would. How about Shinobi[1],” Tamaki asked while taking off his jacket and tie.
            “I was feeling more along the lines of Moonchild[2],” Minami said with a sly smile.
            “Oh come on, Minami. You can’t be serious,’ Tamaki sighed.
            “You come on, nii-sama. I feel like watching it.” Minami pouted, but he smiled on the inside. Tamaki couldn’t argue with him when he pouted.
            “All right. You win. We’ll watch it. Let’s get into some pajamas and I’ll start some popcorn. You can wear the clothes I set out on the bed for you.” Tamaki waited until Minami had come out, respecting his privacy, then went in himself.
            “Nii-sama! The popcorn’s ready. Do you want salt on it,” Minami called from the living room as Tamaki walked out of his bedroom.
            “Yes. Thanks Minami,” Tamaki hollered back. He sat down on the couch and watched Minami, popcorn in hand, put the DVD into the player. Minami sat next to Tamaki and handed him the remote. They turned on the movie and Minami snuggled into the crook of Tamaki’s arm, offering him some popcorn.
            ‘Just watch the movie, Tamaki. Just. Watch. The. Movie. Don’t think about him. Relax,’ Tamaki mentally scolded himself. Though his eyes were watching the television, his brain was slowly slipping into sleep.


[1] Shinobi is a Japanese movie about a daredevil ninja
[2] Moonchild is a Japanese drama/action movie about a vampire and an orphan working in the underground crime world of Mallepa.


© 2008 Ayame Kurosaki


Author's Note

Ayame Kurosaki
Thank you for reading. Again, say anything you want!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great work! Definitely publishable. Keep it up!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 21, 2008


Author

Ayame Kurosaki
Ayame Kurosaki

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm old enough to know what I want and go for it. I live in my own world most of the time but that's where my writing comes from, so I'm content. My writing buddy happens to be my cat, who loves to si.. more..

Writing