Chapter 6: Deja Vu

Chapter 6: Deja Vu

A Chapter by Ayame Kurosaki
"

Dun, Dun, Duun. Can you guess what happens next?

"

Chapter 6: Déjà vu

 

            Tamaki reached his apartment and went in, really needing a good nap. He didn’t know what it was about Minami that made him tired; but that didn’t matter, Tamaki loved to have him around. Minami was like the sun, warming the hearts of everyone around him. Tamaki smiled. That was Minami all right.
            Tamaki sat down on the very same couch he and Minami had slept on the previous night. He gently closed his eyes and fell fast asleep, dreaming about Minami’s smiling face as he waved goodbye.
            “Nii-sama… Nii-sama… Nii-sama where are you? I’m all alone. Come find me nii-sama. I need help.” Tamaki could hear the younger man’s voice calling him in his sleep.
            “I’m trying Minami, I’m really trying,” Tamaki mumbled, still unconscious.
            “HELP ME, NII-SAMA!!!” Minami screamed painfully. Tamaki woke with a start. Had he really heard Minami or was it in his dream. Tamaki decided it was an occurrence in his dream, since he did not hear it again. He fell out of consciousness and hoping that this new dream wouldn’t come to him again. It would be too much to bear.
            The next time Tamaki awoke it was well past 1 am and his phone was ringing. There was a definite feeling of Deja vu. He picked up his phone and was surprised to find a very stressed Toko on the other line, breathing heavily.
            “Toko-san what’s wrong?” Tamaki asked, genuinely concerned.
            “Tamaki, it’s Minami…” All he could hear were her sobs. His stomach dropped. Toko’s crying and it has to do with Minami. This is bad, she never calls me by my fist name only; it’s always Satahiro-san or Tamaki-sama in private.
             “Toko-san, Toko-san it’s okay, Just calm down,” Tamaki said softly.
            “No it’s not okay Tamaki,” Toko wailed. “Come to Minami’s house immediately.” And with that Toko hung up without so much as a ‘see ya’. Something was definitely wrong.
            Tamaki jumped into his car and sped to Minami’s as quick as the speed limit and the traffic would allow. When he reached the apartment, he found about three police cars and a small crowed surrounding it. He pushed through to the other side of the gathering, spying a hunched over Toko. Behind yellow tape.
            “TOKO-SAN!! I’m here now, what’s the matter?” She didn’t look up. Tamaki could hear faint crying sounds coming from her direction. He sat down next to her and patted her back gently. “Toko-san, tell me what happened,” Tamaki pleaded. She nodded her head and stood up.
            “Stay here,” She commanded. She walked over to a policeman wearing a navy blue uniform with a bright silver badge on his chest. They minced words for a few minutes and Toko came back over to Tamaki. “Come with me and do not enter the room,” Toko said in a monotonous whisper. Tamaki did what he was told.
            They walked into the apartment building leaving the flashing lights and murmured voices behind them. ‘What the hell is going on?’ Tamaki questioned himself. Tamaki, Toko and the police officer that was leading them reached Minami’s room, and stopped in front of the door.
            “Now son…,” The man started. Tamaki growled. “This might scare you. Are you sure you want to see this.” Uh oh. Not this again.
            “Yes…sir,” Tamaki said, strained and shaky. He opened the door.


© 2008 Ayame Kurosaki


Author's Note

Ayame Kurosaki
I want to know if the plot is developing alright. Trust me, this story will have more twists then a bed spring when I'm done, but I'd like to hear it from you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, we already know from the foreshadowing that Minami is murdered but the suspense is actually building quite nicely. I'm a little afraid of what Tamaki's going to find...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2008


Author

Ayame Kurosaki
Ayame Kurosaki

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm old enough to know what I want and go for it. I live in my own world most of the time but that's where my writing comes from, so I'm content. My writing buddy happens to be my cat, who loves to si.. more..

Writing