Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 7: The Threat Returns

Chapter 7: The Threat Returns

A Chapter by Ayame Kurosaki
"

Tamaki finds Minami and makes a promise, but will he be able to keep it?

"

Chapter 7: The Threat Returns

 

            Tamaki felt his knees buckle. This couldn’t be happening. Everything had fallen apart in mere hours, most of which he unconscious for. Tamaki found himself kneeling on the floor, sobbing into his hands.
            “NO!!!” Tamaki screamed. He was staring at the corpse of his best friend. Minami was still wearing Tamaki’s clothes. There was a large, bright red stain on the left side of Minami’s chest and a train of blood dripped from the side of his mouth. Minami was seated on his bed with his hands laid by his sides, staring into space with wide, empty eyes. His mouth was twisted into a gruesome smile. It hurt Tamaki just to look at him.
            Toko kneeled next to him and wrapped her arms around his shaking form. She began to cry as well. “I’m sorry Tamaki. Why did it have to come to this?” Tamaki suddenly felt a rush of anger spread throughout his body.
            “I-I loved him,” Tamaki stuttered. Toko looked at him with a look of surprise and astonishment stretched across her pretty face. “Yeah, I said it. I loved him, and now they have taken him away from me,” Tamaki told her, his loud voice fueled with rage.
            “W-who is they,” Toko asked, confused.
            “Zaki and Taki of course. And don’t give me that look Toko-san, I know you think so too,” Tamaki yelled, his anger turning to energy as Toko looked at him with a scared expression. Tamaki had all but forgotten that there was a police officer standing a few feet away from them.
            “Uh, sir, could you repeat that,” The officer said hesitantly, not wanting to anger the enraged young man further. The older man had become confused between the impromptu confession of love to the screamed accusation of two supposedly involved, not to mention unfamiliar, people; but then again people in grief do crazy things.
            “Sure officer,” Tamaki responded heatedly.
            “My name is Masashi,” The officer choked out while taking a few steps backward.
            “Well, anyway this is the story,” Tamaki said, trying to calm down. “I heard this from Minami himself last night…” Tamaki’s voice broke. Had it only been 24 hours. Tears welled in his eyes again; but he forced them back. He took a deep breath and started again. “He told me he was kidnapped a few months ago, but it didn’t amount to anything. Before that, Toko, M-Minami, and I found a threat to Minami in the ballroom of Club Blu yesterday; but we dismissed it as a prank. I guess it wasn’t.” Tamaki began to cry. There was no shame in Tamaki’s heart, he wanted Minami back. He wanted to confess everything to him and now he couldn’t do that.
            Zaki and Taki were behind this. Tamaki had a strange, but satisfying, feeling of certainty at this thought surge through him. He had to find evidence for it for this accusation or they would go free. Tamaki’s tears stopped falling as he looked at a terrified Toko.
            “They will not get away with this,” Tamaki said defiantly as he stood up. “I swear it.” And with that, Tamaki left without a second glance at what used to be his best friend.


© 2008 Ayame Kurosaki


Author's Note

Ayame Kurosaki
You were expecting that weren't you? Tell me about it anways!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have to say the cop's reaction is a bit of surprise. I guess I'm just used to the police shows here in the states. By the way, this sentence has me a little confused.

Tamaki had a strange, but satisfying, feeling of certainty at this thought surge through him.

I wonder if it is supposed to be "as this thought surged through him?"

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2008
Last Updated on February 22, 2008


Author

Ayame Kurosaki
Ayame Kurosaki

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm old enough to know what I want and go for it. I live in my own world most of the time but that's where my writing comes from, so I'm content. My writing buddy happens to be my cat, who loves to si.. more..

Writing