Chapter 12: Mumbles and Mystery

Chapter 12: Mumbles and Mystery

A Chapter by Ayame Kurosaki
"

Uh oh. What's happening to Tamaki now?

"

Chapter 12: Mumbles And Mystery

 

            Tamaki got into his car, Kumiko following close behind. Tamaki shut the door a little too hard and the convertible shook.
            “Tamaki-kun…” Kumiko spoke for the first time since they got to the station.
            “Kumiko, you know you can call me just Tamaki,” Tamaki mumbled before she had the chance to go on. He didn’t want to think about how he had said the exact same thing to Minami
            “Okay, Tamaki. Are you alright, you sound really sad,” Kumiko asked glumly.
            “No Kumiko. I’m fine. I’m just tired, so let’s go home,” Tamaki said nonchalantly.
            “Whatever you say Tamaki.” Kumiko laughed, trying to sound cheery; but failing miserably. She was right. The accusation did not help lessen Tamaki’s emotional burden. She felt if these kinds of things kept happening, Tamaki would become too overwhelmed and might resort to extreme measures.
            They parked in front of Tamaki’s apartment and went in a great deal more solemn then they had left. Tamaki went straight into his bedroom without even taking off his coat. Kumiko knocked on his door a little while later, wondering if he was still up.
            “Good night Tamaki. I hope you feel better.” Kumiko didn’t get an answer, but she wasn’t expecting one anyways. She walked to the couch where she had found Tamaki only this morning. There was still a blanket strewn on the cousins. She sat down and wrapped the black, fuzzy square of fabric around her and fell into a dreamless slumber.
            The next morning, Tamaki woke up sweating and panting hard. He didn’t want to think of the dream he just finished. He got up and shuffled out to the kitchen looking to see if Kumiko was up yet. He found her on the couch right where she had evidently fallen asleep. Tamaki smiled warmly. She looked exactly like the contented cat she was, wrapped up in a furry mass that was a blanket Minami had given him.
            Tamaki decided he would go for a morning walk, so he dressed quickly and left a note for Kumiko. He walked out of his penthouse into the crisp morning air. The sky was still an inky midnight blue, since it was late November. He walked along surprisingly empty streets, staring up at rapidly disappearing stars.
            Tamaki thought back to Minami and what little time he actually spent with him. Minami was his best friend and the one he felt closest to. Tamaki’s parents had died in a horrible car accident when he entered collage, so he had to find a well paying job. Luckily for him he was not only quite smart, but also very handsome so hosting was a good choice.
He walked along, lost in thought until he felt a pair of hands cover his mouth and drag him down a dark alley. He tried to bite the hands that held him, but to no avail. He quickly ran out of energy, seeing that he hadn’t had breakfast yet, and collapsed into the arms of his attacker.
“You’re coming with me, Tamaki Satahiro.” The person behind him whispered. And with that they silently slipped into the shadows.


© 2008 Ayame Kurosaki


Author's Note

Ayame Kurosaki
I hope you are liking it so far and if you are would you mind telling me? I only ask that of you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's getting interesting again. By the way "collage" should be "college."

Posted 15 Years Ago


Sorry if you find my review somewhat irritating. I have an urge to fill in the blank space.
Interesting still, but I found Tamaki's abduction a bit on the anti-climactic side. Just a thought.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 28, 2008


Author

Ayame Kurosaki
Ayame Kurosaki

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm old enough to know what I want and go for it. I live in my own world most of the time but that's where my writing comes from, so I'm content. My writing buddy happens to be my cat, who loves to si.. more..

Writing