Chapter 15: Kumiko To The Rescue (Or Not)

Chapter 15: Kumiko To The Rescue (Or Not)

A Chapter by Ayame Kurosaki
"

Kumiko looks for Tamaki, but what else does she find?

"

Chapter 15: Kumiko To The Rescue! (Or Not)

 
            Kumiko flew out of Tamaki’s apartment as fast as she could. She had to find Tamaki and fast, before anything serious could happen. She knew he couldn’t be out in the open or he would have contacted her by now. She first searched the old airplane hangers and office buildings around Tokyo, greater and lesser. She even explored the prefectures that encircled the capital.
            It was dark by the time she found the only supposedly empty warehouse with lights on. She flew down and looked discreetly through one of the top windows of the huge place. “What’s going on in here?” Kumiko whispered to herself. Her question was answered as soon as she got a good look inside. She gasped; tied to a pole and sitting on the floor, was Tamaki, beaten and bloody. One of the two black-haired men in the building discreetly slapped him on the back of the head and she saw Tamaki slump, unconscious.
            Kumiko was burning with fury now, but before she could burst through the window; a door at the end of the building opened and a figure slipped in, unnoticed by the two kidnappers. It what appeared to be a young boy dressed in shiny black leather. Kumiko pressed her face closer to the glass to get a better look.
            The boy snuck up behind the twins and stuck a small needle into the sides of each of their necks. The two men instantly fell to the ground and the boy rushed over to untie the passed out Tamaki.
            Kumiko breathed a sigh of relief before she inhaled it back in at the sight of the disappearing figure with Tamaki draped over its shoulder. She had to get him back and find out whom this mysterious person really was.
- - - - -
            Dimitri dragged the unconscious Tamaki out of the warehouse; mumbling under his breath. Tamaki was too heavy for his small body, and the dragon’s already cramped wings were beginning to ache.
            “Damn, he’s so heavy for a skinny guy. Why did Master make me do this? He’s such a lazy bum!” Demitri was fuming. He had been with his Master earlier in the day but he had suddenly ‘disappeared’ and left his little disciple to do all the work.
            “D-Dimitri Romanov…?” Dimitri froze. Was it his Master? No, the voice was too feminine to be that perverted old coot. It was familiar to him, even though he didn’t know how. He turned slowly and with much difficulty, trying to find the source of his name.
            “Kumiko!? Is that you?” Kumiko smiled.
            “Oh, thank God, it’s you. And in your human form no less! I was afraid that it was some creep just interested in Tamaki!” She ran to the small boy and hugged him tightly.
            “Umm… Kumiko you’re hurting me and could you take Tamaki off of my shoulders. I’m about to fall down,” Dimitri panted.
            “I’m sorry. Here give him to me.” The boy handed her the now inanimate body of the host. She settled him in his arms before asking, “What are you doing here anyway? And where is Leon?”
            “My ‘master’ left me earlier in the day and I have no idea where he could be. He also wanted to see me suffer because he’s limited my powers.” Dimitri’s golden eyes twinkled evilly before he turned his attention back to the kitsune in front of him.
            “Ooh, I will have to have a talk with that man then. But for now, come with me to take Tamaki home. And Dimitri,” Kumiko paused, making sure she had the boy’s full attention, “Why are you here.” He smiled warmly, but the kitsune could see coldness in Dimitri’s gaze.

            “Same reason as you are.”



© 2008 Ayame Kurosaki


Author's Note

Ayame Kurosaki
Enter Dimitri! Please note that many things will be explained as the story progresses and that the plot begins to get thicker as well as darker from here on out. I'm also how short this is considering how long it took, but I've been quite busy recently. I hope to be writing more soon. Please tell me where you think this is going, and expect plot twists soon to come.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would definitely encourage you to continue this story. I would also encourage you to flesh out more of the earlier chapters as well. More details about the characters you have already introduced would do worlds of justice to this story. Also, perhaps the supernatural elements could come a little earlier and should be integrated better into the fabric of both the characters and the plot so that they do not seem to come from nowhere. I enjoyed this story and would really love to find out why Taki and Zaki killed Minami and why they are apparently so insane. Please keep it up.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 13, 2008


Author

Ayame Kurosaki
Ayame Kurosaki

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm old enough to know what I want and go for it. I live in my own world most of the time but that's where my writing comes from, so I'm content. My writing buddy happens to be my cat, who loves to si.. more..

Writing