Chapter 10: A Suspect?!

Chapter 10: A Suspect?!

A Chapter by Ayame Kurosaki
"

An interrrogation takes an interesting turn.

"

Chapter 10: A Suspect!?

 

Tamaki and Kumiko reached the police station in about ten minutes and they walked in slowly. Kumiko floated a few inches off the floor and behind Tamaki, so that her footsteps could not be heard by anyone who could not see her. People couldn’t hear the sounds she made with her mouth; but they could hear everything else.
Tamaki walked up to the front desk and talked to the receptionist.
            “Come with me, Satahiro-san,” The woman said politely and led Tamaki and (unknowingly) Kumiko to a dimly lit interrogation room. “Please wait here. The detective will be right with you.” The woman left the room leaving Tamaki, as far as she could see, alone.
“Tamaki-kun, do you have any idea what they want to ask you about. Other Minami anyways,” Kumiko asked. She had said the last sentence quietly, as not to make Tamaki sad again.
“No, I don’t; but I really wish I did,” Tamaki replied. He pulled out a chair at the small metal table in the room and sat down. Kumiko put her feet on the floor and walked to where Tamaki was sitting. She stood behind his chair and gently rested her hands on the back of it. About five minutes had past when a detective, who looked like he was in his late forties, entered the room.
“Hello, I’m Detective Junosuke Mashimoto, and you must be Tamaki Satahiro-san. We talked on the phone earlier,” Junosuke explained as if Tamaki hadn’t been part of the previous conversation.
“Yes I remember sir. So, what is it you wanted to ask me,” Tamaki questioned, with a slight tilt of his head.
“You were the last person to see Minami Asuko alive, is that correct,” Junosuke asked.
            “Yes sir, I did,” Tamaki replied.
            “You were also very close to Asuko-san, weren’t you.” The detective raised an eyebrow.
“Yes,” Tamaki said questionably. He didn’t like where this conversation was going.
“You also had access to Asuko-san’s apartment and workplace, did you not?”
“Yes sir. Minami and I worked together, but sir can I ask what this is all leading up to,” Tamaki asked sternly, eyeing the detective.
“What this is leading up to is that you, Tamaki Satahiro, are a suspect in the murder of Minami Asuko,” Junosuke said accusingly. Tamaki just stared at the man, his mouth open and his eyes the size of golf balls.
“W-what?”


© 2008 Ayame Kurosaki


Author's Note

Ayame Kurosaki
Chapter 10! I have to ask if this was too predictable. I would really like to know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I sure didn't predict it! Although, it's hard to predict things when you're tired.
Nice plot twist.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on February 28, 2008


Author

Ayame Kurosaki
Ayame Kurosaki

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm old enough to know what I want and go for it. I live in my own world most of the time but that's where my writing comes from, so I'm content. My writing buddy happens to be my cat, who loves to si.. more..

Writing