Chapter 8: The New Meeting

Chapter 8: The New Meeting

A Chapter by Ayame Kurosaki
"

Enter... Kumiko Kuroda! Who is this cheery kitsune?

"

Chapter 8: The New Meeting

 

            The next few days passed in blur to Tamaki. Ever since Minami…. Ever since Minami was murdered three horrible days ago, Tamaki hadn’t been able to sleep and his body had begun to feel it. He walked aimlessly around his apartment not daring to go outside for reasons that even he didn’t understand fully. Tamaki had also refused to pick up the phone; completing his withdraw from society efficiently. He was so bold that night that now he felt ashamed at how those words would stay empty.
            Tamaki sat on his queen-sized bed and turned on his T.V. This had become his routine. He pouted as he surfed the channels, then turned the set off when he found nothing interesting. He got up and shuffled into the kitchen looking for something to do. That had been the third time he had done that today, and it certainly wasn’t getting any better.
            Not finding anything, again, Tamaki moved to the living room, plopped down on the couch and had fallen asleep when….
            “Wake up, sleeping beauty,” He heard a voice call out. Tamaki remembered saying that before; but this time it definitely wasn’t him. His eyes shot open and yelped loudly causing himself slip off the cushions. “Finally you wake up. I’ve been standing here for hours.” Tamaki looked up. Standing was a definite understatement. The young woman above was literally floating at least six inches off the red, carpeted floor.
            “W-who are you,” Tamaki stammered.
            “Who am I,” She repeated in an incredulous tone. “I am the great and powerful kitsune[1] Kumiko Kuroda,” the woman finished flamboyantly in a surprisingly strong voice.
            She had long, black hair with red stripes that reached to the back of her knees. Her skin was a soft olive color with tribal tattoos snaking around what Tamaki could see of her legs and arms all the way up to the sides of her almond-shaped, crimson eyes. The ‘dress’ she was wearing was a thick cloth that wrapped around her neck, crossed on her collarbones, covered the smooth curves on her chest, and ended in a fabric skirt; the bottom of which landed around the middle of her muscled thighs.
            Tamaki stared at her, his mouth agape; he could see two bright red cat ears on top of her head and a long, fluffy tail waging behind her. This ‘Kumiko Kuroda’ was simply beautiful. Tamaki wiped his eyes to see if this was a dream. Apparently it wasn’t and if Tamaki hadn’t been on the floor already, he certainly would be now. 
            “H-hello Kuroda-san,” Tamaki stammered again. Kumiko pouted.
            “Just call me Kumiko, Tamaki-kun,” She chuckled. Kumiko found this human extremely amusing. He took her existence better than anyone had previously in her frequent excursions into lives of needy humans. ‘This was going to be fun!’ She thought to herself. ‘As long as he doesn’t mope around anymore.’ It’s true. She loved to have fun and watching Tamaki for the last few days was definitely not anything remotely entertaining. She wanted to change that.
            “I was wondering Kumiko, what are you doing here,” Tamaki asked getting off the floor and sitting back down on his suede couch.
            “ I’m here to help you with anything you may desire,” Kumiko said sweetly.
            “Okay then.” Tamaki sighed and continued. “Can you help me catch my best friend’s killer.” Kumiko stared at him with a quizzical look on her face.
            “So that’s why,” she whispered more to herself then Tamaki. “Of course, I’ll do what I can,” She said with reassuring, white-toothed smile.
            “Thank you Kumiko.” And Tamaki meant it. He wanted to solve this crime so much it hurt. He wanted Minami back. And he wanted him back now! Tamaki smiled at his own thoughts; not out of humor, but out of repulsion at his behavior.
             He was sick of being weak and moping around his apartment. He had to get out there and save his friends' memories.
“Well then Kumiko. I have to go somewhere are you coming,” Tamaki said, heading toward his bedroom to change.
            “Sure,” Kumiko squealed happily.
 


[1] A Japanese fox demon (or yokai) that can use a variety of powers. Pronounced Kit-Su-Nay. 


© 2008 Ayame Kurosaki


Author's Note

Ayame Kurosaki
Uhh... review? Please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whoa, chapter 8 already? Sorry, forgot to comment. Too much reading.
Review, you say? Hmm, I'll see what I can do.
1. Pretty engrossing (in the good way). I liked all the ideas you've had up to this point.
2. Where did the kitsune come from? I mean, you kind of went from "Aw, how cuute," to something like "Hey, he died! Why on earth did-- HEY, WHY IS THERE A DEMON FOX THING?!" Not that it's a bad thing, it's just too much of a leap from logical and cute to freakish stalking spirits.
All in all, I liked it. Going to read more, though.
Check mine out when you can!! Domo!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow this is really great. I am already caught up in the characters and cant wait to see what happens next please post more when you have some. Maddy

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 22, 2008


Author

Ayame Kurosaki
Ayame Kurosaki

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm old enough to know what I want and go for it. I live in my own world most of the time but that's where my writing comes from, so I'm content. My writing buddy happens to be my cat, who loves to si.. more..

Writing