Alcingeria Chapter Six: Ignacio's Offer

Alcingeria Chapter Six: Ignacio's Offer

A Chapter by Ryan Henderson
"

After being rescued by a mysterious man named Ignacio. Don, Macalister and Redmond are met with an offer from Ignacio. Meanwhile, they find out that Robert missing. Where has he gone?

"

Chapter Six Ignacio’s Offer:

Tuesday June 22nd 1690

When I came back to consciousness, I felt sore and I could still feel the pain of the wounds I had gotten in the carriage crash; my chest was as painful as ever, and my forehead and arms ached. How long had it been since the crash? I hadn’t yet opened my eyes. I slowly opened them, desiring to get a look at where I was. When they swam into focus. I was laying down in a bed and across the room sitting on a chair was Ignacio. He was still wearing the same cloak with the hood from when he rescued me. The upper half of his face was still hidden. From here, I could see that he had a lean build. How had he intimidated Queen Mycta’s guards? This man wasn’t what I would call intimidating. I saw that he was staring at my bloodstained shirt. The questions I had thought of earlier returned to me. I slowly sat up from my reclined position, and Ignacio averted his eyes from my shirt immediately.

            “You’re awake.” He stated.

His voice still carried a faint hint of that unknown accent that I noticed before I blacked out. He rolled his “r” slightly and the “oo” in ‘you’ was cut short and almost sounded like “ee.”

            “Yes, thank you for rescuing my friends and I, Ignacio.” I said.

            “You’re welcome. I have treated your injuries. You shall be well in around one day’s time.” Ignacio said.

I looked around the room. There wasn’t much to see; there was a brown tapestry with an orange flame insignia on it on the other end of the room. There were three doors that were all side by side across from my bed a few feet away. The ceiling was around seven or eight feet tall, and the room was around twenty feet from end to end. I also noticed that there were no windows in this room. The light in the room came from candles that were mounted on the walls. They provided adequate illumination.

A question came to my mind.

            “Why did you save us?” I asked.

Ignacio stared at me thoughtfully.

            “Well, I don’t know. I saw some people in need, and I helped them. Is that not what people do?” He asked, tilting his head to the side.

            “Well, I don’t know of anyone who would help a few strangers in need.” I said.

            “Then perhaps you shouldn’t keep a gang of thieves as company.” Ignacio said.

I stared at him, bewildered.

            “Yes, I know of you. The Scorpions is what you call yourselves, correct?” Ignacio asked.

Worry pooled in my gut. This conversation was taking a bad turn.

            “Well, yes. That’s what we call ourselves.” I said numbly, still surprised that he knew who we were.

How did he know? He couldn’t have heard Macalister say that he wouldn’t disappoint The Scorpions. Ignacio couldn’t have heard that, he would have been too far away.

            “So did you only save us so that you could turn us over to the law enforcement officers yourself?” I asked grimly.

            “Well, that depends.” Ignacio said in a tone that was almost teasing.

            “On what?” I asked, narrowing my eyes.

            “On whether or not you will give me the contents of this box.” Ignacio said, holding up the wooden box that Don and I had pulled out of the wall at the nobleman’s house back in Relin.

Dismay settled over me. Was Ignacio blackmailing me?

            “So you’re saying that if I give you the contents of that box, you won’t turn my friends and I in?” I asked.

Ignacio nodded.

            “That’s correct. Do we have a deal?” Ignacio asked.

I thought for a moment.

            “Can I talk with the others about it?” I asked.

Ignacio nodded.

            “Yes, I shall allow it. Stand up if you can, your friends’ rooms are just down the hall.” Ignacio said.

I was already sitting up, so I swung my legs over the side of the bed. Underneath my shirt, I could feel bandages. I probably had a few slivers of wood in my chest when I first got the wound, but Ignacio said he had treated my friends and I. My feet hit the floor, and I stood up with the support of the wall to my right. I was still stiff and sore, but my wounds were already less painful. I walked across the room and down the hallway. It was there that I found two rooms. I entered the one to my right. In a bed with a bloodstained bandage on his shoulder was Don.

            “Hey Shadow. I need to talk to you.” I said.

Don looked at me with a questioning look, he was wondering why I used his alias.

            “What is it, Kid?” He asked.

He had decided to trust me. It was bad enough that Ignacio knew what group we belonged to, if he found out our names, there is no telling what he would do.

            “Shadow, Ignacio knows that we belong to The Scorpions. He wants to make a deal. He says that if we hand over the fifty thousand dollars to him, then he won’t turn us in.” I told him.

Don layed back in his bed, letting out a disappointed sigh.

            “We were so close.” He said with a clenched fist.

            “I know.” I told him.

            “So what are we going to do?” He asked.

            “I think that we should do it. The money would be of no use to us in prison.” I said.

            “As much as I don’t want to do this, I think it’s the right thing to do. You’re right.” Don Admitted.

I nodded in understanding.

            “I’ll go ask Troll and see what he thinks.” I said.

I turned to leave.       

“Wait.” Don called.

I turned back around.

“Have you seen Rapier? Is he in that other room with you?” Don asked.

Worry shot through me.

“No, he’s not.” I said.

“Then he’s still out there.” Don added, looking out the window.

I turned away from Don and opened his door. I stepped out into the hall and closed Don’s door. I walked over to Macalister’s door. I opened it, stepped through and shut it.

            “Troll, we need to talk.” I said.

Macalister had a bloodied bandage on his arm. That was probably where he was shot. His cuts that he got from the broken glass of the carriage had almost healed, as had Don’s, now that I think of it.

            “What do you need to talk about, Kid?” Macalister asked.

            “Ignacio knows that we belong to The Scorpions. He said that he won’t turn us over to the law enforcement officers if we give him the money.” I told him.

Macalister groaned and closed his eyes.

            “We were so close, if not for him, we would be rich!” Macalister said.

            “Yes, but if not for him, we would also be dead.” I pointed out.

He growled and looked away.

            “I don’t want to.” He said.

            “I know. It’s not like he wants a portion either. He wants the whole thing.” I told him.

            “Well then. I don’t know what we should do. If we don’t give him the money, we’ll either be killed or imprisoned. If we do, we’re free to go. I would love to be rich, but it doesn’t sound like it should be a difficult decision. We must give Ignacio the money.” Macalister said.

            “Then it’s settled. Shadow is in agreement. I’ll go tell Ignacio of our acceptance to the deal.” I said.

            “Kid, where’s Rapier?” Asked Macalister.

I cast a look out the window. I saw nothing but green forest. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and looked back to my friend.

            “He’s still out there somewhere.” I told him, repeating the words that Don had used with me.

I then left Macalister’s room. I walked back to the room I woke up in and saw Ignacio sitting on the chair, his hood was still down.

            “Ignacio. My friends and I accept your offer.” I told him.

            “Wonderful. When you and your friends are well, you may leave.” Ignacio claimed calmly.

I leaned in close to him, the anger of being blackmailed gathered in my gut.

            “If you even think of double crossing us, I’ll kill you. No matter how long it takes me, no matter where you choose to hide, I’ll hunt you down and I’ll kill you. Do you understand me?” I seethed.

            “Noted. However be advised, young thief. I’ll do the same if you even think of double crossing me.” Ignacio added with fierce intensity.

            “Noted. By the way, have you seen my other friend, by any chance?” I asked.

Ignacio frowned and shook his head.

            “No, I only found you and the other two out there by the guards. What did you do to earn the attention of Queen Mycta’s guards, anyhow?” Asked Ignacio

I shook my head, frowning.

            “It’s a long story. I’ll tell you about it another time. Do you have anything to eat or drink? I’m famished, and I think my friends are as well.” I said.

            “Of course, there is food and water down the hall. I’ll take you there.” Ignacio said, getting up from his sitting position.

He then walked across the room to one of the three doors that was near my bed. He stopped at the door that was on the far left and waited for me. When I was behind him, he opened the door and led me through.



© 2016 Ryan Henderson


Author's Note

Ryan Henderson
Please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting. I do wonder whether they'll really hand it over that easily once they've recovered, but right now I suppose their injuries hardly put them in a position to complain. I also notice the character Scarlet changed into a man named Ignacio since I last read?

I am seeing grammar things here and there, but I'm tired and a bit under the weather. I have a lot going on lately, but I'm coming back here periodically to do some requests. I only remember near the start there's a part where it you wrote "mad she intimidated Queen Mycta’s guards". Probably switch that to "had he intimidated Queen Mycta's guards".

Skimming through again I'm not seeing any use of contractions really by your characters. It makes sense for some characters with specific speech traits like the accent using, probably old fashioned vampire Ignacio, but in much today's spoken English it's more common to use things like "it's" and "don't" rather than "it is" and "do not". Especially for a group of thieves, I doubt they'd worry much about proper speech or have impressive educations, so I think contractions would not only give better flow but improve their overall impression.

An interesting end to their big heist, I enjoyed this chapter, good work! Sorry I'm slowing down in reviews, there's just other things going on. I'm keeping you and your works in mind though, you're on my list. xD

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, I changed the female vampire that kidnapped The Scorpions (Scarlet) to a male (Ignacio) I did t.. read more
KeithKVH

9 Years Ago

I found your reviews right after finishing this review. We both had the exact same timing here I thi.. read more
Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Nah, man It is alright! I always appreciate feedback and advise, for it helps me become a better wri.. read more



Reviews

Interesting. I do wonder whether they'll really hand it over that easily once they've recovered, but right now I suppose their injuries hardly put them in a position to complain. I also notice the character Scarlet changed into a man named Ignacio since I last read?

I am seeing grammar things here and there, but I'm tired and a bit under the weather. I have a lot going on lately, but I'm coming back here periodically to do some requests. I only remember near the start there's a part where it you wrote "mad she intimidated Queen Mycta’s guards". Probably switch that to "had he intimidated Queen Mycta's guards".

Skimming through again I'm not seeing any use of contractions really by your characters. It makes sense for some characters with specific speech traits like the accent using, probably old fashioned vampire Ignacio, but in much today's spoken English it's more common to use things like "it's" and "don't" rather than "it is" and "do not". Especially for a group of thieves, I doubt they'd worry much about proper speech or have impressive educations, so I think contractions would not only give better flow but improve their overall impression.

An interesting end to their big heist, I enjoyed this chapter, good work! Sorry I'm slowing down in reviews, there's just other things going on. I'm keeping you and your works in mind though, you're on my list. xD

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Yes, I changed the female vampire that kidnapped The Scorpions (Scarlet) to a male (Ignacio) I did t.. read more
KeithKVH

9 Years Ago

I found your reviews right after finishing this review. We both had the exact same timing here I thi.. read more
Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Nah, man It is alright! I always appreciate feedback and advise, for it helps me become a better wri.. read more
Wow! I like this chapter, but then again I love all the chapters:) You are an excellent writer and it is truly impossible to say anything negative about your writing pieces.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

Your welcome:)
Nice, I like this chapter

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ryan Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2014
Last Updated on June 17, 2016
Tags: Vampires, Vampire, Medieval, Fantasy, Fiction, Teen, Original

Alcingeria


Author

Ryan Henderson
Ryan Henderson

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada



About
I will review your work if you send me a read request, I like to help writers get off of the ground, I will also suggest ideas for your work if needed. Please note that I don't really like poetry... more..

Writing