Bolting

Bolting

A Chapter by loverslovexliarsliex

As we were driving towards the restaurant a million thoughts were swimming through my head all at once. For some odd reason they were all revolving around him, the man who everyone is so hell-bent on my marrying.

The man that I don’t even know the name of, the man who looks almost like an angel with broken wings.

I could feel his gaze falling on me, like pointing daggers in the side of my skull. I turned to face him, looking him dead in the eyes. He smirked,

“What is it?”

“Nothing, just thinking, and I noticed that we are supposed to get married but I don’t even know your name yet.”

That made him laugh, “You don’t know my name, and yet I know everything that there is to know about you Isabella.”

I just shrugged and looked him in the eyes, “Well are you going to tell me your name or not?”

“Impatient aren’t we?”

I nodded.

“My name is Alexander Tate.”

I nodded and he laughed a little. “Is there anything else?”

Yes. I thought to myself but shook my head. “No.”

“Good because we’re almost there.”

I gulped a little bit and looked out the window of the car.

This was it. I was going to run. As soon as this car stopped I’m going to bolt. I won’t ever look back. I won’t ever have to see him again, and I won’t have to marry him.

Alexander pulled up into the parking lot of the restaurant and the car came to stop as he parked it.

i took a deep breath and smiled. He turned to face me again.

“Now my little lovely, you are not going to run away do you understand me?”

I nodded, if only he knew.

“Good, because if you did, I would have to kill you.” He smirked a little bit and I got really pale faced.

That’s just a risk that I’m going to have to take. I guess being shot at is much better than being trapped in a house and forced to marry someone that you don’t even care for. I held my breath as the car doors opened up.

Alexander got out of the car and slammed the door shut as if I wasn’t being kidnapped, as if I was just another normal guest that he was to take care of. But I wasn’t. This was it, it was now or never.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion; Alexander was heading over to my side of the car, my breath hitched in my throat, even the traffic and the people around me seemed to freeze in place.

This reminded me of the movies, right before something really awful is going to happen you know? Everything suddenly goes into slow motion. Only this wasn’t a movie, this was real; my life was on the line.

I sucked in one last breath and bolted. I didn’t know where I was running to I just ran and I wasn’t going to stop. Not until I was long gone from this place.

I heard the gunshots whizzing past me, narrowly missing my head and disappearing into the woods beside ahead of me.

I gulped.

F**k that was really close. I picked up my speed now because I could hear his footsteps pounding on the ground behind me. He was actually chasing me. F**k. I ran quickly into the woods and tried to find a hole to lay down in.

“COME BACK HERE YOU B***H!” Alexander yelled from somewhere behind me, more bullets were unleashed and narrowly missed me again.

I didn’t answer back I just kept running. I couldn’t look back. I couldn’t give him the satisfaction of seeing the fear. I ran quickly and jumped down into a hole in the ground I held my breath and waited. Alexander went running past me. I let out a little bit of a breath.

I was free.

For the moment.


© 2011 loverslovexliarsliex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 11, 2011


Author

loverslovexliarsliex
loverslovexliarsliex

About
Okay, so I started out on Quizilla but that turned out to be nothing but a drama infested site that I don't even want to look back on. People steal your work, and then turn and claim that they slaved .. more..

Writing