Crying is for the weak

Crying is for the weak

A Chapter by loverslovexliarsliex

I got up and started walking back towards civilization. Tonight was so dark that I could barely see in-front of me, the only light that seemed to shine through the dark was the light of the moon and stars. It was chilly to, almost freezing because the only thing that I had on was that very short dress that Alexander had me put on for the dinner. I sighed and rubbed out my temples a little.

A thought lingered in my mind, the dream. Could that really happen, could I really end up like that..all broken and bloody. That room, it was so cold, so stuffy. Who was that man? What connection did he have to me? I groaned and mentally slapped myself, I was being stupid. That was nothing more than a dream. That would never happen.

The road slowly started to come back into view and I grew anxious. The lights shone brightly and the sounds of the car horns were heard. I was back into civilization. But at what cost? I stood at the edge of the woods looking around; I wasn’t going to take any chances. I wasn’t sure that I was in the clear just yet. Alexander may or may not have gone back home, but I was pretty sure that he would have someone watching the forest that I ran into. Waiting to take me back into that hell hole, there was no way in hell that I was going to let that happen.

Carefully I inched my way out of the edge of the forest and onto the side of the street. Cars whizzed past me, just narrowly missing my mucky body. I looked above me to the traffic light and saw that it was turning red, I ran across the road quickly stumbling over my heels. Cars honked and people yelled profanities out the windows of their cars.

I ran up onto the sidewalk and started walking quickly away before anybody could recognize me. Where am I going to go? I had no idea, to be honest; I really had nowhere to go. There wasn’t anywhere I could go now that Sarah’s house was out of the question. That’s the place where they found me in the first place. Just then it hit me, I didn’t have my cell on me. It was still in Sarah’s house plugged up.

An instant look of horror came over my face as I suddenly thought about Sarah. Oh she’d probably be going out of her mind right now. I had been gone for a little over a day now; she was probably going crazy now. I had to find a way to get in touch with her, not to ask her to come and get me, no. but just to give her a little bit of reassurance. I felt around inside of the purse that Alexander had given me to carry around with the dress, and found that I had just enough to make a quick call on a pay phone. I ran quickly to the first pay phone that I saw and dialed up her number. She picked up almost instantly.

“WHERE THE F*****G HELL ARE YOU? DO YOU HAVE ANY DAMNED IDEA HOW F*****G WORRIED I HAVE BEEN?” she shrieked on the other line of the phone and I slightly smiled just a little bit relieved.

“I can’t say much Sarah; just know that I am okay for the moment and not to get in touch with my mother or anybody else. I’ll talk to you whenever I get the chance. I love you girly. I’m safe, so stop fretting.”

I hung up quickly before she had the chance to argue and I felt the hot betraying tears threatening to fall down my cheeks. I wouldn’t let that happen. I wiped away the tears with the back of my muddy hand and kept on walking not really having a destination to go, just walking. Trying to get the hell out of this wide open public area.

“Isabella!”

I froze and my heart stopped inside of my chest. Everything seemed to fall into another slow motion. I sucked in a breath but it did no good, I still felt sensationally numb. I was going to have to fight.

“Isabella!!!” the voice came again and then I felt a pair of massive arms go around my waist.

Looking back I turned and saw Luke. A sense of relief washed over me and once again tears threatened to fall down my cheeks. I looked up into his eyes and I could see the worry and concern behind them, it was fading though.

Luke pulled me closer to him until my dirty body was pressed right up against him. I felt his warm lips kiss the top of my head and I couldn’t help but smile just a little bit.

“Where have you been Isabella, you had me worried sick, I thought that you had died.” Luke whispered against my hair.

I gulped a little bit and he stepped back a little bit to take a look at me.

“My God, look at you, what happened? Why are you so dirty? Come on let’s get you back to my place and get you cleaned up.”

“Luke I can’t-“I started to protest.

He wouldn’t have it. “No, you are going to my house and we are going to get you cleaned up and then you are going to tell me what in the f*****g hell happened to you. Why you took off in such a rush in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, from Sarah’s house.”

I was about to tell him that I didn’t leave that I was kidnapped, but that would just set him off into a big rant and he’d go on a killing spree. So instead I just nodded and bit down on my lower lip. Well, so much for getting out of the country right away. Hopefully Alexander didn’t have anyone watching us because if he did they now not only knew about Sarah, but now they would know about Luke to. I would have to leave. I want to leave, that way I wouldn’t put anyone else I loved in danger. I want to get out of the country.

Luke brought me back to reality and held me closer as we walked along the cracked up sidewalk back to his apartment. I felt like crying, but if there’s one thing I have learned. Crying is for the weak.


© 2011 loverslovexliarsliex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 11, 2011


Author

loverslovexliarsliex
loverslovexliarsliex

About
Okay, so I started out on Quizilla but that turned out to be nothing but a drama infested site that I don't even want to look back on. People steal your work, and then turn and claim that they slaved .. more..

Writing