The Note.

The Note.

A Chapter by loverslovexliarsliex
"

This is in Luke's point of view.

"
I had fallen asleep finally holding Isabella close to my chest like I had longed to do so many times before. Feeling her fragile body close to mine. I could hear her soft breathing and feel her heart beating next to mine. Slowly I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning expecting to find my new found love sleeping soundly in my bed. But what I found when I woke up was different. I found that she was gone. Figuring that she had just went through to the living room to let me sleep soundly. She wasn't there either. I started to grow panicked. I rushed around the house looking for her and calling out her name only to find that the house was completely empty.

I nearly broke down then, but then a thought came to my mind. What if she was at Sarah's. Quickly I ran through the house and to the bedroom where my phone lay. I picked up the phone and started to dial Sarah's number when I noticed a note on the floor next to my bed. I picked it up and examined it closely.

The envelope was addressed to me and in Isabella's handwriting. I quickly picked it up and ripped it open to find a neatly written letter that was also covered in tear splotches. The pace of my heart seemed to quicken and I felt like I was going to pass out where I stood.

I started reading the letter quietly.

"Dear Lucas,

If you are reading this then I would first like to start off by saying that I am so sorry. I know that I have hurt you awfully. First by leading you on last night. And then by leaving you in the middle of the night. But you have to understand that I didn't have an option, I would have loved to stay in your arms. Secretly I have always had a major crush on you, and I knew last night going into your home that I was going to have to leave. In-fact, that is what I was doing when you found me. Please don't be upset with me I know that you have to be hurting awfully. I know that it is my fault as well, just Lucas, you know why I couldn't stay. It was for your own protection. If Alexander would have found out that you had taken me in, then he would have killed you Luke. I left you because I love you. I left you to protect you. Hopefully some day you will be able to understand why. If not right now, then soon.

Sincerely Isabella."

By the time that I finished reading that letter my heart was frozen inside my chest and I could feel nothing but a light flow of tears going down my cheeks. Looking down at my phone I saw that I still had Sarah's number dialed and I decided to press talk.

She picked up rather quickly and started rambling about how Isabella had called her the previous night and then left out of nowhere. I went to speak but my voice wouldn't seem to work.

"Luke are you there?" Sarah demanded more than asked.

My voice came out in a strained type of way, "Isabella has left the country, she's in Italy." I managed to get out.

"WHAT!" Sarah yelled and then she started rambling.

I hung up and then threw my phone at the wall.

She had really left.


© 2011 loverslovexliarsliex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 11, 2011


Author

loverslovexliarsliex
loverslovexliarsliex

About
Okay, so I started out on Quizilla but that turned out to be nothing but a drama infested site that I don't even want to look back on. People steal your work, and then turn and claim that they slaved .. more..

Writing