Hearts Speak

Hearts Speak

A Chapter by loverslovexliarsliex

Luke ushered me into the homely apartment and sat me down on the couch. I looked away slowly at him to find him staring at me. I felt his massive hand surround my little one and stroke the back of it gently.

“Luke..” I started and then trailed off.

“Yeah?”

“Uh, I’m going to get the couch dirty.” I tried to smile but the attempt failed.

“It’s just a couch it’ll wash out.”

He shrugged nonchalantly. I sighed a little bit knowing what he was waiting for. But could I really tell him? If I did he would never let me out of his sight, then I would be endangering him to.

“Isabella, please tell me what happened.”

I shook my head slowly and stood letting a little bit of dried mud fall to his carpet. “I’m going for a shower, I stink.”

He nodded and stood up walking through to his bedroom to get me my set of backup clothes that I had here.

I rushed through towards the bathroom and slammed the door shut and turned on the shower. I closed my eyes as I leaned up against the wall trying to clear my head just a little.

I stripped down slowly and got into the showering stepping right into the hot water. It cleansed my body of all the mud and dried blood I had from little scratches. I groaned as I felt my stiff muscles relax a little bit. Steam rose from the top of the shower and clung to the mirror. The hot water scalded and cleansed my body. The hot water temporarily washing away my worries, but soon everything came to an end. I had to face my troubles again.

Slowly stepping out of the shower I looked over to see that I had no clothes out. F**k, I forgot to grab them off of Luke before I had gone and hurriedly got into the shower.

“Luke!” I yelled from the inside of the bathroom.

He came running through and barged into the steamy room with a worried look.

“Breathe. I just needed some clothes, in case you didn’t realize there lovely I am now covered in only a towel.” I laughed a little bit for the first time in a while.

Luke’s eyes slowly scanned over my body and then quickly looked back up into my eyes,

“Yeah, yeah that’s right, sorry.”

I laughed again and leant against the counter waiting. Luke come running back into me with a pair of my old clothes that I had left here the last time my mom kicked me out. I thanked him and he backed out of the room again shutting the door. I got dressed slowly and then cleaned up the bathroom before walking back out to see Luke waiting for me outside of the bathroom.

“Watcha waiting for?”

“You Isabella.” Luke said and then pulled me back into the living room sitting me down again.

I sat down and knew that this time, there was no going back. He wasn’t going to shut up about this. I was going to have to tell him what happened.

I started off in the extremely long explanation of what happened to me over the short day that I was gone. Starting from the time that my mother had kicked me out of the house.

I felt my tears soaking my cheeks and Luke pulled me into his arms. I could tell that he was pissed off and wasn’t going to let this one go, but at the moment the only thing that he was going to do was comfort me. Holding me tight in his big strong arms.

I felt comforted. He held me closer and rocked me in his arms rubbing my back gently. Luke. I sighed a little bit. He wasn’t like any other guy that I had dated. Not that I wanted to date Luke, but he wasn’t like any other guy that I had ever met. He was sweet and caring and he knew just how to treat a woman.

I smiled softly and nuzzled his chest gently. I was starting to feel a little tired when Luke starting saying something and then stopped abruptly. I looked up at him with a curious gaze.
His face was flushed and he seemed to be a little angry with himself. I smirked a little bit,

“Luke, you know you can tell me anything right?”

He nodded. “Yeah, I know I’ve confided a lot in you over the years Isabella.”

“I know Luke, then why aren’t you going to tell me what you were about to say?”

“You’ll think I’m just some stupid a*****e.”

I shook my head slowly and looked up into his eyes, “Luke you have been here for me every time that I needed it, you have treated me good. And most of all you listen to me and actually care what I have to say. You can tell me anything and I won’t think that it’s stupid so spill. After all I told you what happened to me.”

Luke looked away slowly and started to hold me tighter against him.

“Isabella, you have been my best friend in a long time, you are a sweetheart and you are a very caring and you mean the world to me. You for a long time have been more than just a friend, Issy, you have been close to my heart ever since I saw that glorious face of yours. I don’t care how hard of a past that you have had, I don’t care what kind of baggage you are carrying. Isabella, I am in love with you.”

My jaw dropped and Luke looked away quickly.

I didn’t know if I could do this, I was going to have to leave soon. I started blushing madly. Could I really do this and risk f*****g up our whole friendship?

Luke pressed his soft lips against mine and I swear sparks flew. At that moment I forgot about everything that was wrong with me. Everything that happened, I didn’t care about Alexander, my mother. Or anybody the only thing that mattered to me right now was his lips. Inside I was screaming to stop, but my heart spoke otherwise.

He was going to be devastated if I chose to leave, no. Not chose, I was going to have to leave. For his safety.

I was going to have to leave the country as soon as possible, I knew I was going to break his heart, and mine to. But just for tonight I wanted to let my heart take over. I was going to let my heart take over, let myself go.

Until I leave. My mind, my body, and my soul was 100% his. After all it was the last night I was going to be around him, ever. 


© 2011 loverslovexliarsliex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

727 Views
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 11, 2011


Author

loverslovexliarsliex
loverslovexliarsliex

About
Okay, so I started out on Quizilla but that turned out to be nothing but a drama infested site that I don't even want to look back on. People steal your work, and then turn and claim that they slaved .. more..

Writing