Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�

         It is dinner time. We are eating chicken nuggets and french fries from a freezer bag. None of us around here are cookers. What, with my being blind and them being men. I have nothing against cooking men, believe me, but these particular men could not cook.

        “How was your day, dear?” Grandfather asks. “Did you speak with Mr Ludwig?”

        “Fine...and yes I did.” The guy was crazy, I swear. He asked me questions about everything. Wether I had trouble getting dressed, finding my way around the house, finding my way around the school (I mentioned Mrs Dillinger). My response: “Sure those things were hard at first, but I got used to them.”He even asked if I had ever  fallen down the stairs due to lack of eyesight. I told him no, I hadn't.         

        “Did you like him?” Grandfather asked.

        “He was...different.” I had no other words besides crazy to describe him with, but I didn't want to offend Grandfather. 

        “Would you like to see him again?” He paused, waiting for an answer. “And don't worry about the cost, that ain't an issue.”

        “'Isn't' Grandfather, and I don't think that'll be necessary, he didn't teach me anything I didn't already know.” Father laughed and choked on his food.

        “Well, it was only your first meetin',” He said. “Maybe it'll be more productive next time.”

        “Grandfather, I really don't think-”

        “Nonsense.” Grandfather interrupts. “Now hush up and eat your food. Mr Ludwig will swing by once a week to meet with you.”

        I do as told, and when it is time to sleep, I am grateful that tomorrow is a weekend. I will not have to listen to Mrs Dillinger complain that her son is still sick, for if i did, I would surely rip my hair out.




© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


Author's Note

Tiff-AH!-knee�
review :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on October 15, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing