Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�

         The phone rang when I got home. It was Doctor Baker looking for Grandfather. I told him what Dad told me to. “Grandfather isn't feeling well at the moment. Is there any way you could come to him, today?”

        Doctor Baker had said. “Unfortunately, no. But I can stop by Wednesday.”

        “That'd be great. Thank you.” and then I hung up.

        I had to fight the urge to ask him exactly what it was he did because dad was in the room. Why was dad always in the room? 

        It infuriated me.

        After dinner, a meal that Grandfather couldn't join us for, I went to his room.

        I knocked on the door.

        “Grandfather?” I asked.

        “Oh, Baby g-” Cough. “Baby girl, what are you doing here?”

        “I came to see you.” I stepped inside his room and closed the door. “Are you alright Grandfather? Please tell me the truth.”

        “I'm fine baby girl, why?”

        “Grandfather, you know why! You've been sick for the last week, and for all I know, longer then that! Then Doctor Baker calls and says he needs to talk to you! What is going on?”

        “Izzy...” Grandfather whispers. “Not now, please. Please, not now.”

        I practically growled. “Fine! Don't tell me! Leave the blind girl out of everything! Hmph!”

        I turned and walked out of the room. I slammed the door closed and walked to my bedroom. It was so unfair that just because I'm blind, everyone assumes I don't have feelings. 

        I have feelings! I get hurt, and confused, and angry! Just like everyone else!

        I think the strongest emotion I've ever felt would be sadness...when Mom died. I hadn't talked to anyone for days. I had sat down on my bed and cried for hours on end. 

        Mom had always made me feel better in situations like this and at the moment no one even had the decency to see if I was okay. That's how sucky my life is! 

        Wow! 

        I paced back and forth, really having the need to hit something, but restraining myself. 

        Why did no one care?

        Then I stopped. Someone did care. Joshua cared.

        I ran downstairs, at a bit of a slow pace, and grabbed the phone. 

        When I was back in my room I dialed Joshua's number.

        Ring, Ring. Come on. Ring, Ring.

        “You've reached the Dillinger's residence. Leave a message after the beep, and we'll get back to you.” Beep.

        “Hi Joshua, It's Izzy. I, uh, wanted to talk to you.” I was on the verge of tears now, and I didn't know why. I was sure my voice was cracking, but I couldn't help it. “Please call me back.” I hung up the phone and fell backwards onto my bed.

        For some reason I thought of Nathan. Was his life as bad as this?

        Was that why he was so mean to everyone all the time? Maybe he had as many problems as me. Maybe more. I had never really thought about it before, but thinking about it now, I felt bad for Nathan. What if his life was worse then mine was? I was thrown into thought.




© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

watever! leave me hanging again,!, with both me and her lost in thought! goshhh!!! add more plz! loveya(:

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 6, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing