Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�
"

filling up space.

"

         Dinner was really awkward. Grandfather didn't come down. I know his reasons now, I guess. We had eaten chicken patties, and french fries. I swear, compared to everyone else in the world, I eat a lot of french fries. That's beside the point.

        “So Izzy, how was your day?” Dad asked.

        “Fine, I guess.”

        I hadn't mentioned to dad about the Joshua thing. I didn't want to have the talk, let alone have dad even know I had a boyfriend. He wouldn't care, it's just something I don't exactly feel comfortable talking to my dad about. Like my first kiss, for example.

        “You guess?” 

        “Well, no, I don't guess. It was fine. That's it.” I wasn't in a very social mood. 

        “That's wonderful.” I could hear dad chewing. “So nothing exciting happened today at school?”

        “Not really, Sarah was a little upset today, but that's all.”

        “What was Sarah upset about?” He asked. Just sparking conversation, is all.

        “Something about Ricky, it wasn't that big of a deal.” In fact, it was a big deal. Ricky had really hurt Sarah's feelings. I considered Sarah my best friend now, and she was practically in tears today. Ricky had said that Sarah was “fat and ugly and she was right where she belonged; with nerds.” That one hurt a little but not enough to upset me. I'm sure Ricky, whomever he is, was a jerk. Why should I care what he thought?

        I had Joshua. Smile.

        “Izzy?” Dad asked, he sounded worried.

        “Yeah?”

        “Oh, just making sure you were still with us. You zoned out there for a second.” 

        “I'm sorry, just...things on my mind.” It was true. I had a billion thoughts buzzing around in my head. Do you ever wish you could just jump out of your mind and enjoy the silence for a few moments? 

        “Anything you'd like to share?” Dad asked.

        “Uh, no...not really.”

        “Are you sure?” What was with this constant prying? 

        “Yes, I'm sure.” I stood up. “I'm done, can I be excused?” 

        “Uh, yeah, I guess.” He paused. “Doctor Baker should be here soon.”

        “Oh, that reminds me. He called today. He can't make it. He didn't tell me why, though.”

        “Doctor Baker called?” He sounded confused.

        “That's what I said.” I turned and walked up the stairs. I should've grabbed the phone so I could call Joshua. Then again, I wouldn't be able to tell him about Grandfather's cancer, and he would think I was hiding things from him. That's never a good thing in a relationship. So I decided it against it, and went to bed.

        Grandfather coughed all night, and even if he hadn't, I still wouldn't have gotten much sleep. 




© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


Author's Note

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Not so important chapter, just filling up space.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agrreee not ot important but still good tiff!
i love u woman!
always will!


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on November 12, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing