Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�
"

here ya go..

"

        I needed to know what was wrong with Grandfather. Now that I knew it was something serious I almost didn't want to find out. But I had to know.

        Normal children would look information up on the computer. I, clearly, was not a normal child. That only made this job harder.

        Dad had to once again return to the store, he had forgotten something. One down, one to go. Where was Grandfather, anyway?Once I finished lunch, I walked up the stairs to grandfather's room. I slowly creaked open the door, not to disturb him, and stuck, my head inside. There was absolutely no noise...except grandfather's snoring.

        If I wasn't so worried about grandfather, I would've smiled. 

        I walked back to the kitchen. Does 411 show up on a bill? I'll have to find that one out, but once I knew what was going on, I didn't care who knew that I knew. 

        I picked up the phone and called information. I stated the town and state. 

        “Please state the business you wish to reach.”

        “Residential Hospital, please.” I listened more to my surroundings then the operator. 

        “Connecting.” Wow. This was a lot easier then I thought it would be. 

        “Residential Hospital, Are you looking for an extension?”

        “Yes. Doctor Baker, please.”

        “Oh, I'm sorry. He's actually not in today. You could always call back on another day.”

        “Sure will. Thank you.”

        So it looked as if I wasn't going to find out what was going on with Grandfather today. Well, it is Sunday. Most people don't work on Sundays. Maybe Doctor Baker was religious.

        I walked back to my room. I wasn't going to find out any information today, I might as well go back to bed.

        I slept until dinner, which was odd because I hadn't been that tired when I'd first lain down. We ate fish sticks and fries, from a box of course, and Dad had bought soda. For the first time ever. It was good. After taking a shower, I had walked back to my room. 

        Another day of school tomorrow. At least Nathan was still suspended. Plus, Joshua would be there. That was always good.




© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on November 5, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing