Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�
"

Yeah, so.....

"

         Dad was allowing me to stay in his room for the night. They had already taken Grandfather away, and I had been asked so many questions that I really just felt like going to sleep. I couldn't though. There was no way I was ever going to sleep again.

        I was still crying, silently now, completely calm as teardrops rolled down my face. I had already lost so many tears, I was surprised I hadn't run out by now. Shock could hardly describe what I was experiencing. My Grandfather was gone, and I was never going to see him again. I was too upset to fix my poor usage of words.

        I didn't know if Joshua had found out about Grandfather yet. I didn't care much, I was far too upset to think about Joshua. 

        After I had yelled for dad, he had run upstairs, asking what was wrong the whole way. Until he reached Grandfather's room. Then his voice cracked and he repeatedly told me to leave the room. As if I could see anything anyway. I think in that split second he had forgotten I was blind. 

        I hadn't talked to anyone except the police since then and even those conversations were made up of very few words. I wasn't in the mood to talk, I didn't think I ever would be again. 

        The police had brought investigators and everything, as if something besides the cancer had killed Grandfather. I hadn't known that Grandfather was so sick, so close to leaving me. If only I would've known...

        I would've spent more time with Grandfather instead of going to school, or talking to Mr Ludwig, whom didn't know what he was doing anyway. I would've stayed with him every second of my free time, I would've done everything I could. 

        But I hadn't done anything.

        Grandfather was dead, and I hadn't done anything to try and stop it. I know it would've been pointless. A fourteen year old girl can't cure cancer, but at least I would've tried. I felt bad for not even doing that much.

         I had already lost so much, and now my grandfather was gone too.

        “Lung Cancer” they'd said, kills thousands of people. In fact, it's one of the most dangerous and deadly cancers there was. Many things can cause lung cancer. Malignant tumors, smoking...

        Grandfather had smoked. It could've, after seventy-something years, effected him some.

        Did lung cancer run in our family? I hoped not.

        As I slowly got up off of the porch, securing the blanket tighter around my shoulders, Dad walked outside. “Hon?” He asked.

        “Yeah,dad?” 

        “How are you doing?” 

        I pulled the blanket tighter around me, this time almost molding it to my skin. “Pretty bad, dad.”

        Pause. “Me too, bud. Me too.”

        He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and led me inside.

 


© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


Author's Note

Tiff-AH!-knee�
i feel really bad for killing him :( sorry guys, i needed to do it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:):):) love it i love you tiff!!! :(

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2009
Last Updated on November 18, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing