Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�

         I woke up the next morning and grandfather was not in bed. 

        When I walked downstairs I called to Dad, and Grandfather, but there was no answer. They must not be home. 

        I plopped myself onto the couch. What to do...what to do...

        Ring, ring. Ah! I stood up and answered the phone.

        “Hello?”

        “Hello Darling!” Miss Dillinger's voice rang through my ear.

        “Oh, hello Miss Dillinger.” 

        “What are you up to?” She asked.

        “Nothing. Dad and Grandfather aren't home.”

        “Oh, yes, they're over here dearie. They stopped by here on their way home from the store and they were just calling to make sure you were alright. They'll be home soon.” 

        “Oh. Okay, thank you. I'm fine.” I said.

        Then she says “Good. Goodbye, dearie!” 

        “Bye.” I hung up. 

        What to do now...?

         I went back to my bedroom and got out a book. It was brail. I had never liked reading much. I imagine that I would if I wasn't blind. 

        Maybe if I wasn't blind mom would still be alive. No, it wasn't my fault. It had taken two years, and many therapists for me to believe that, but now I did. I was not the cause of my mother's death. Even though I had stalled her. If I would've just left the stupid teddy bear... 

        I closed the book and threw it across the room. I was never violent, but thinking about mom upset me and I was through being upset. I didn't want to do it anymore. 

        I stuffed my face into my pillow, and for the first time in a long time; screamed. 

~X.X.X~

        Do you ever wonder what it would be like to live in someone else's shoes? Does that someone ever happen to be an animal? I do.

        After moments of screaming, I had relaxed. I was currently laying on my left side, thinking about what it would be like to be a hamster. I tend to have these sort of thoughts, when all I do is think. That's pure boredom, I guess.

        When I heard a door downstairs open, followed by several loud, gut wrenching coughs, I knew that my family was home.

        I got up, careful not to trip over the book that landed god-knows-where, and walked downstairs.

        “Dad?” I called.

        “Hey, sweetheart!” Dad called back. “Have a nice morning? We brought some donuts!”

        “Thanks. I'm starving.” I moseyed into the kitchen and sat down at a bar stool. Ha, “Moseyed.” What a word. 

        Dad stuck a donut in my hand and sat down next to me. I could smell his coffee, mixed with the  cigarette smoke that had been filling his car. 

        “Where'd grandfather go? I just heard him.”

        “Oh, he went to bed. He felt fine this morning, but all that waking around made him tired.” You could practically cut the tension in dad's voice with a knife.

        “Dad...what's wrong?” I asked.

        “Nothing, sweetheart.” He stood up. 

        “Whatever,” I stood up. “don't tell me.” I walked across the room, to the entrance of the kitchen. “Oh, dad?”

        “Yeah?” He sounded pretty upset.

        “I'll have to know eventually.” I began to walk out as I heard dad whisper “That's what scares me, sweetheart. That's what scares me."




© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OHHH MIIIIII GOSHHHHH!!!!! TIFFNEEEEEE!!!!!! seriouslyyyyy........? u had to end it there.? just leaving me wondering,, questions not answered..??!! WRITE MORE girll!! goshhh!!! heheehee iloveyou!! (:

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 3, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing