Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�

         Once my face was clean, and I took Joshua's word that it was, we walked back to his bedroom. When we got inside he closed the door, and shut the radio off.

        “Okay, so I'm going to show you how to do this without getting paint everywhere.” He laughed.

        “That would probably be a good idea.” I didn't laugh, but I couldn't help my smile. 

        “Okay, so, come here.” I followed his voice, and luckily didn't trip over anything. He put the paintbrush back in my hand, and stepped behind me. “Okay, dunk it in the paint can.” I did.

        “Alright now, slowly,” He moved closer to me, so close that I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, and placed his hand over mine. “place the paintbrush on the wall.” He guided my hand, along with the brush, to the wall and moved it in an up and down motion. Long strokes. “See? You can paint.”

        “Hardly.” I chuckled. “It probably looks terrible.”

        “No, no, no it doesn't.” He said. “It looks great.” I didn't believe him, but it was still sweet of him to convince me that I was doing a good job.

        “Yeah, well. How about you do the white...and then we'll work together on the blue.” I put the paintbrush down on to the plastic that was covering the floor and turned around. I hadn't realized Joshua was still so close to me. His breath smelled like mint.

        “Izzy?” He asked.

        “Um...yeah?” I was afraid to move away, in case I hurt his feelings, but then I realized that I didn't want to move away. I liked being this close to him. It was nice.

        “I really like you.” He said. “I never knew it before, but...I do.”         

        Silence. I was supposed to say something back. “I uh...I like you too.” It wasn't a lie.

        “Really?” He asked. I could hear the smile in his voice. 

        “Really.” I nodded.

        “Awesome.” I laughed. Then he grabbed my hand and placed it on his face. I gasped, which was a stupid thing to do. “Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-” He dropped my hand.

        “No, it's okay. I just...didn't expect you to-” 

        “Well, I-”

        “I know, but I-”

        We both stopped. It was quiet for a moment. 

        “I was just surprised, is all.” I said.

        “Oh, okay, um...do you want to...” He trailed off as I nodded. 

        He took my hand again and placed it gently on his face. I had never felt a boy's, save dad's and grandfather's, face before. It was much smoother then either of theirs. He still held my wrist and he moved it along the planes of his face. His eyes, which were closed, were soft, and his eye lashes felt like butterfly wings. He moved my hand down to his nose, which was small. Then my hand was on his lips. I froze, but he remained calm. His lips were so smooth. I hadn't moved my hand, when he asked “nervous?”

        Assuming his eyes were open I nodded my head. 

        “Don't be.” He said. He kissed my fingertips,which surprised me greatly, and then placed them on my own lips.

        I was stunned.




© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on October 27, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing