Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�

         I sat on the floor as Joshua continued to paint the room white. We talked the whole time. It was fun. Miss Dillinger had come up to give us some mini finger sandwiches. We were currently sitting on the floor together eating them. 

        “So how's your grandfather?” Joshua asked between mouthfuls.

        I ripped at the sandwich. “He's been sick, but father says he'll be okay. I believe him.” 

        “Yeah. Maybe I'll come visit him sometime...?” He was asking me if he could.

        “Um...yeah. Maybe.” I smiled. “Anyway, how's your eye?”

        “Oh, it's fine. It wasn't that bad. Nathan didn't hit me all that hard.” 

        “Mhm.” I laughed. 

        “Anyway, let's change the subject.” That made me laugh more. “Your laugh is cute.” He said.

        We both froze. Me, because it caught me off guard, and him...I think probably because he hadn't meant to say it out loud. Then I laughed. “I guess.”

        He laughed too. “Okay, so, the next part of painting we'll both have fun doing. But you'll have to promise not to hit me with any paint. On purpose, anyway.” 

        “I can't promise, but I'll try not to.” 

        He laughed and grabbed the now empty plate. “I'm going to bring this downstairs, but I'll be right back.” I nodded. 

        If I wasn't blind I would be curiously looking around the room at the empty nothingness. That's not the case, though. I am blind. You think it would bother me, right? That I'm blind? You would assume that it bothers me that I can't look at the boy I like's face, and that when I'm sad I can't look at any pictures of my mother? 

         Well, It does bother me. I've just gotten used to it. 

        Joshua walked back into the room. “Okay, let's get started.”

        “Let's get started?” I laughed.

        “It sounded good in my head...” 

        “Okay.” I stood up. “Let's do this!” 

        He laughed. “Well, it was better then what I came up with.”

        We walked over to where the paint cans were. He closed the white ones, or that's what he told me anyway, and opened the blue ones. 

        He gave me a paintbrush and told me to flick it towards the wall, but I had to turn around first. I did it and he laughed. “I'm going to have an awesome room! The best one around.” 

        I laughed too. 

        We had tons of fun, splashing and flicking the paint against the walls. I only hit Joshua once, on the arm, and that caused us to fall to the floor laughing. I'm not entirely sure why it was so funny, but it was. 

        Unfortunately, dad called and told me I needed to come home for dinner, so our fun was ruined. I told Joshua goodbye, and walked out of his room. He ran after me to give me a hug. That made me smile. 

        Miss Dillinger gave me a ride home and dad was waiting for me on our steps. 

        “Grandfather's awake!” Dad said.

        .




© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on October 27, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing