Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tiff-AH!-knee�

 Mr Hayden, the principle, was not happy with Nathan. Or Joshua. As the three of us sat in his office, I was listening to him pace. I was seated between the two boys, leaning more towards Joshua, whom smelled of berry. Yum. Ew! I cannot believe I just said yum.

        “This type of behavior is unacceptable,” He droned on. “Joshua, what were you thinking? It's your first day here, and already you get into a fight? Are you a trouble maker? Because let me tell you something, young man, this school does not tolerate trouble makers.”

        “With all do respect, sir,” I said when Joshua remained quiet. “Joshua didn't start the fight. Nathan did. He pushed me and Joshua caught me. Then Nathan said 'I own this school! yada, yada, got that?” and Joshua said 'No, I do not got that.' then everything else happened. Being blind, I didn't see it, but I'm almost 100% sure Nathan hit Joshua first.” 

        “Thank you, darling, but this is between the boys. I only called  you in here, because clearly, this fight was over you. I appreciate you telling me your side of the story though, and I am sorry that Nathan pushed you.” He's sorry that Nathan pushed me? That's it?

        “Joshua, I hope you do not make this a habit. This is your first and final warning, do not mess up again. As for you, Nathan. Not only did you push a girl, but you pushed Isabel, knowing she is blind and cannot defend herself.” 

        “I can defend myself perfectly fine.” I said under my breath. Principle Hayden didn't catch it, but Joshua did, and he reached over to grab my hand. He interlaced or fingers and squeezed mine reassuringly.

        “...10 day suspension.” Was all I caught.

        Then Nathan exploded. “You have got to be kidding me! This punk gets a slap on the hand and a 'don't do it again' and I get a 10 day suspension? Are you joking?”

        “Nathan...” Principle Hayden warned.

        “Nathan!” Nathan mocked. “Nathan, Nathan, Nathan, don't do this, don't do that, you're such a bad kid, blah, blah, blah!” 

        “That is enough!” Principle Hayden yelled. “Joshua, take Izzy, you're free to leave my office. Call your parents, I think it's best if you go home for the rest of the day.”

        Joshua pulled me up, still holding my hand, and we left together. 

        We both got a ride from Mrs Dillinger, who complained that the one day she's gone, we manage to get into trouble. When we arrived at my house, I thanked Mrs Dillinger and said goodbye to Joshua. Once inside, Father asked me why I was home so early. I told him the story but he didn't get upset with me. He got a little red in the face when I mentioned Nathan pushing me. “Red in the face” being an expression for angry, for of course I couldn't see Father's face. I decided I was tired and that I wanted to go to bed early, so Father bid me goodnight, and off I went.




© 2009 Tiff-AH!-knee�


Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on October 19, 2009


Author

Tiff-AH!-knee�
Tiff-AH!-knee�

SWINEFLU,, ME



About
My name is TIffany. I love to write. My favorite poets include Edgar Allan Poe, and Emily Dickinson. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy Shel Silverstein as well. :) I won my fourth grade poetry contest.. more..

Writing