Cassandra's Story. Chapter eight

Cassandra's Story. Chapter eight

A Chapter by Kat

 I waited for about thirty minutes before I picked up my sketchbook. I closed my eyes and began to sketch a boy. He had black hair covering his eye, lip peircings and a slight smile playing on his lips.

        "Hey." Someone's deep voice said, shaking me out of my trance. I jumped. "Whoa, sorry. I just wanted to say... I'm sorry. I didn't know. Well, I knew I just didn't want to believe it. And Aria kept telling me that she got the worst of it and you skipped out on it. I want to make it up to you. I'll do anything. I'll start sitting with you at school. And Mai. And Ross. We'll all sit together. And I'll stop hurting you. I'll become your best friend. I promise." He started to ramble on. I wrote a note down, telling him that I'd like that. He smiled and sat down. "So... Why don't you talk? I mean, you don't have to let me know, but I was just wondering... You know?" He asked. I just closed my eyes and shook my head. "Okay. I get it. I just hope you tell me when you're ready." He said sadly. He sat back on his chair as I fell asleep.The next few weeks were a blur, but every second was etched in my mind. From the first day that Andrew sat with us at lunch, to the day that Ross finally asked Mai out. I wasn'tnecessarily surprised. I mean they were always flirting. It was really cute to see it actually. I was currently switching from house to house. Every week I would go to a different house, so I was currently staying at Andrew's house. It was nice. I mean, it was so huge! I had my own bathroom and everything. His mom had offered to let me stay there until I was able to live on my own, which was very nice, but I didn't know how to respond.

        "Hey Cas! What's up?" Andrew askedenergetically. I shrugged and made the sign for not much. "Have you thought of an answer? Oh and Aria sent me a message. Do you wanna read it?" He held the phone out infront of my face. I grinned and began to read.

Oh Drewwiepoo! its mean here. i hope the emo is suffering. hav u been beating her up every day lik i asked? i wuv u and when i get home there will b a special surprise 4 u ;)I laughed quietly. She was so annoying and s****y, she was probably sleeping with someone while she was texting this.

        "You didn't answer my question. Did you make up your mind?" Andrew asked hopefully. I nodded my head and he took that as a sign for yes. "Oh my god! We're going to have so much fun! We'll play xbox and watch movies and go to the movies and skateboard and eat junk food and watch tv and play music and... and..." I put my fingers up to his mouth to get him to stop rambling on again. He smiled as he took a breath. "It'll be fun. I promise." He said holding out his hand to help me up. I grinned and let him pull me up. The smile never left my face the whole rest of the day. All I could think about was I might actually be safe for once and not have multiple beatings. Maybe, just maybe.

 

The next couple of days

        "Huh? How? What? How could you beat my high score! Are you sure that you've never played this game before?" Andrew asked astonished.

        'I'm sure.'I signed smiling.

        "I want a rematch. It was just beginners luck." He said faking superiority. I rolled my eyes and reset the game. We had pretty much just been chilling out for the past few days. Playing some video games, watching some movies, eating s**t that's bad for you... You know, normal stuff. We've had some interesting run ins where he's seen me getting dressed (I had forgotten to bring some clothes into the bathroom with me and he was in my room for some unknown reason) and I had seen him imitating Tom Cruise in Risky Business. Now that was funny.

        "How could you beat me again?" He wailed dramatically.

        'How 'bout we watch a movie?' I smirked. He nodded.

        He got up and came back with a huge stack of movies. "Okay, so what do you want to watch first? We have Arachnophobia, Rosemary's Baby, Pet Semetary, Nightmare on Elms Street, Salem's Lot, The Gates Of Hell, Session 9, The Mist, Saw, A Tale Of Two Sisters and The Thing." He listed, throwing each movie over the floor.

        'Tale Of Two Sisters' I signed picking up the movie and handing it to him. After about five of the movies later, I was squeezing the life out of Andrew's arm. I think I actually gave him a bruise I was squeezing it so hard.

        "Relax. Nothing will happen to you." He whispered in my ear. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and held me close. I would of thought that it would of felt awkward, but it didn't. It felt like it.... Fit sorta. But I don't like him. I mean, how could I? He's the one that added to my scars. He ruined my mom's necklace. The one thing that I had to remember her. No... I don't like him. I can be his friend but I can never be with him.

Never.



© 2009 Kat


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on March 26, 2009


Author

Kat
Kat

NJ



About
Meh, so I'm gonna write some random stuffage about me I guess. I'm Kat, I love to write, listen to music, and hang out with my friends. I really shouldn't have caffine but I do anyway. I mean, it's ju.. more..

Writing