Cassandra's Story. Chapter thirteen

Cassandra's Story. Chapter thirteen

A Chapter by Kat

I walked quietly over to Andrew's room.He had been seeming majorly disoriented over the past week and he hadn't told me what it was. "What's wrong?" I whispered in his ear wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek.

        "She's engaged..."

        "Whose engaged?" I didn't know anyone in a relationship that deep.

        "Aria. She's getting married in two weeks and never coming back." He said dazedly. I smiled. They won't be coming back, this was great news! Well, for me anyways. I hated those people, I still had nightmares... And scars.

        "I'm sorry." I said with the most amount of sincerity I could muster. I felt hurt, I mean I can understand not being over an ex, but... I guess I was taking it harder than I normally would, seeing as I hated the b***h and Andrew had been disoriented for a week and didn't tell me. Could he not trust me or something? Did he wish I was... I couldn't bring myself to finish that thought. "I'm going to go hang out with Ross and Mai." I got up, practically throwing myself off of him. He turned around and looked at me with... Disappointment?Hurt? I don't know, and I didn't plan to find out.

        "Heyy! How is my best girlfriend?" Ross asked imitating Regina George's mother from Mean Girls. I swear there are sometimes when I think he's gay. But it's like a four percent chance that he is. Anyway, I brushed past him and threw myself down on the couch and began to sob.

        "Cassandra what's wrong?" Mai asked, calling me by my full name. I grumbled into the pillow causing Mai to ask me to repeat.

        "Andrew not acting as a boyfriend, it's almost as if we went back to just being friends. He's sad that Aria's getting married and that I'm not Aria." I said, throwing myself back onto the couch.

        "I'm sure that's not the case." Mai and Ross said at the same time, almost like they knew I would say something like that, like they knew that Andrew wishes I was her.

        "You know what? I'm gonna go. You guys are right. I'm being paranoid." I said, faking my smile and getting up.

        "You won't do anything drastic will you?" Ross asked walking me to the door. I nodded, telling him I planned to go to the park.

        I walked down the sidewalk and pulled my hood over my head when it started to rain. I had always wanted to have a romantic moment like this, you know, kissing in the rain? But now I don't think that that would ever happen. I sat down on the swings and heard thunder close to the park. And that's when I heard the cry. I looked around, but didn't see anything. Then when the thunder sounded louder, and I heard the cry again, I followed it to a slide. I looked in and saw a little girl, no more than two months old.

        I gasped and reached for the little baby. I cradled her head in my arms and saw that she was pale. I knew I would have to get her food, so I ran with her to the grocery store and hastily paid for food. I threw open the door to my... Andrew's house and ran to the kitchen. A few cans of baby food and she, I think I'm gonna call her Ren, began to have color come back into her cheeks.

        "See? Now isn't that better?" I cooed, tickling her stomach. She giggled and smiled a toothless smile. Normally it would have been ugly, but she was just so damn cute!

        "Whose. Baby. Is. That." A deep, recognizable voice asked. Uh-oh.



© 2009 Kat


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on March 26, 2009


Author

Kat
Kat

NJ



About
Meh, so I'm gonna write some random stuffage about me I guess. I'm Kat, I love to write, listen to music, and hang out with my friends. I really shouldn't have caffine but I do anyway. I mean, it's ju.. more..

Writing