02. You poor ugly thing

02. You poor ugly thing

A Chapter by Patience
"

This is where we meet Kalypso's abusive boyfriend.

"

She sighed and walked back to the wooded area behind the castle where she came from. She had been living in those woods all her life with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend, but she couldn't stand them so she set off to live by herself when she turned 15. Now everything she did was being controlled by the man she thought she loved. Kalypso  left her mom’s house for the same reason, why did I put myself back in a situation like this?  She thought to herself. He barely ever let her leave the house, unless he made her to do something for him, and when she came back he always seemed so very angry.

She knew she wasn't happy with him, but she didn't think anyone else would love someone like her so she dealt with it. Kalypso  couldn't bear the thought of being alone.

On her way back to her home, she thought about the prince and the ring he put on her finger, it was beautiful.

"He is so perfect," she fantasized out loud, "his long red hair is gorgeous, his eyes sparkle when he smiles. The way he looked at me, everything about him seems too good to be true."

She stopped; she could smell something. She growled as her teeth grew, and so did her ears, "Who is there?" she barked, continuing her transformation, her eyes widened and her snout elongated.

Again she yelled out, "Who is there? Show yourself!" she was completely changed now, a hideous creature. Hairy and strong, designed to kill.

Ready to strike at anything or anyone, she growled louder as her boyfriend stumbled into her view, he reeked of alcohol. "Hey you stupid b***h! Where the hell have you been?" he grunted while grabbing a chunk of her fur and pulling her into the direction of their house.    

Kalypso   yelped and tried to get away but he was holding onto her too tight, "Let go of me! You're hurting me!"

"Aww you poor ugly thing, you don't like this? Well you're lucky I like you. Cause who would love something like you?" he said tightening his grip, “And what the hell is this?” He said grabbing the ring the prince gave her and he threw it far behind him.

That triggered something in Kalypso  , she twitched and a wave of strength empowered her. She stood on her hind legs bringing her boyfriend up in the air.

"I am done with you!" She roared and with one swift swipe of her paw she threw him off of her, towards the nearest tree. With a loud crack all the air was knocked out of his body; he went limp.

Once she saw what she had done, she changed back to her human self and ran over to him, her guard still up. She could see that he was barely still breathing. Kalypso   leaned in close to his body, "Chris ?" she pushed his hair out of his face gently, but still cautious, he was out but still alive nonetheless

"B***h you almost killed me!" his grip was so tight around her throat there was nothing she could do except give in to it. She tried to claw her way out of his clutch but it was no use. She could feel herself slowly losing consciousness.

The life was being choked out of her. That’s it, I’m going to die right here. He’s gonna kill me.  When out of the corner of her eye she sees a flash of orange, and the grip around her neck loosened.

She gasps for breath trying to recover, and tries to stand up but has to support herself against a tree. She looks around and is greeted by the strong scent of fresh death. Kalypso   always loved that smell, she changed back to her more powerful self and went to find the source of the smell she so longed for.

Chris  was gone, and she couldn't find whoever saved her. She was paranoid that he was still out there, hiding behind a tree waiting for her. She jumped at every falling leaf, or snap of a twig. Her piece of mind was gone, not like she ever felt safe anymore.

She heard something behind a huge bush so she jumped up into closest tree so she can see what was making all the nose. All she saw was a redheaded figure sitting next to the source of that wonderful smell. "Zane!?" she gasped and fell out of the tree with a loud thud.

She brushes herself off and runs over to the bush to see Zane standing over the body of what used to be her boyfriend. Kalypso   quietly steps closer until Zane stands, while wiping off his knife.

Zane looks up at her and screams, "What the hell? What are you?" he jumps back and points the knife at her.

Kalypso gasps then looks down at herself, "Zane it's me..." she said, standing up on her hind legs, changing back to her human self. "You saved me." She starts to cry.



© 2014 Patience


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on May 29, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014


Author

Patience
Patience

About
Dark. Love. Mysterious. Passion. more..

Writing
Wild Wild

A Poem by Patience


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Patience