17. Now I can be free

17. Now I can be free

A Chapter by Patience

“So Zane, what is going on?” his father asks as they start to walk back to the castle.

“Father, I’m sorry but, mom is gone. I saw a beast take her this morning and ran off into the woods with her. I even found our guards, but it beast killed them too!” Zane tried to act scared and upset.

The king stops in his tracks, and starts staring into nothingness, “You mean, she’s like dead? Like gone forever?”

Zane reaches out to touch his father, not knowing what would happen. His father was strong man, but there were certain things that triggered him.

“Yes father, she’s gone,” Zane said putting his hand down back by his side

The king’s face lights up as he turns to his son, “This is the most wonderful news my son!”

Now it was Zane’s turn to be confused, “Wait so you’re not upset about mom’s death?”

“No my son, now I can be free,” his father says, “Your mother should have died long ago before she did what she did to me.”

“What do you mean father, what did she do to you?” Zane says putting his hand on his father’s shoulder.

“This is your kingdom now my son, all yours,” his father says looking up into the sky, “It’s my time.”

“Father what do you mean? Where are you going?!” Zane said his grip getting tighter on his father.

“When I married your mother, she took something away from me that I may never get back.” his father says

Zane doesn’t know what to say so he just stays silent and looks down at the ground.

“I was in love once, like you are now. She was young, had beautiful long brown hair and the biggest green eyes,” His father sighs

“So you didn’t love mom?” Zane questioned feeling sorry for his father

“No, she killed my dear Delaine.” His father started to tear up

Zane has never seen his father cry before, it was something that just didn’t happen, “And then she forced you into marriage?” Zane finished his father’s sentence

The king nodded, and looked at his son, “I am going to leave this place and be with my Delaine. I know you can handle yourself, give me your blade Zane.” He said putting his hand out.

Zane looked surprised at his father, and rather upset, but he did was he was told, “Yes father.”

“Thank you my son.” the king looks up into the sky, “Delaine I am coming to you, oh how I’ve missed you.”

It happened right before his eyes, his father took his own life for love.



© 2014 Patience


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on May 31, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014


Author

Patience
Patience

About
Dark. Love. Mysterious. Passion. more..

Writing
Wild Wild

A Poem by Patience


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Patience