18. This is for you Zane. This is for us.

18. This is for you Zane. This is for us.

A Chapter by Patience

Zane stares up ad the sky, not believing what he had just seen.

“Hey! Are you alright?” Kalypso  asked, tapping his shoulder

“S**t!” Zane jumped and turned around, “Yeah, I’m alright.”

“Where’s your father?” Kalypso  looks down at the bloodied knife on the ground near Zane’s feet, “Oh no, what did you do?!”

The prince turns to her, “I’ll explain later, we have to get out of here,” he grabs her wrist and they start running back behind the castle, “My dad wants me to be king, but I’m not fit for the job. We both know that.”

“Um, alright well where are we gonna go then?” Kalypso  asks running next to him

“I don’t know yet, anywhere outside of the kingdom, if the rest of my family finds out I left, they will kill me,” he replies trying to catch his breath

“I know exactly where we can go, stay close and follow me okay? It’s dangerous out here,” she smirks and starts to run again

“Hey wait up!” The prince takes a deep breath and runs after her

He keeps running close behind her until she slips through a wall of trees. Zane squeezes himself through gasping for air and laughing then falls to the ground trying to catch his breath.

“Kalypso  I don’t understand how you can run so fast for so--” he looks up and sees her standing completely still, facing away from him, “hey, are you okay?”

The prince stands up and slowly approaches her, when he is greeted by what she was staring at; so much commotion, people holding torches and axes. Destroying everything in their path; their main focus seemed to be a small house. Or what was left of it anyways.

Kalypso  turns to the prince with fire and tears in her eyes, “that was my house, they must have seen what I did.”

“I’ll kill them all, I promise.” Zane growled and stepped forwards

“No, you stay.” Kalypso ’s beautiful body morphs into her other self

“So what am I going to do? Just stand here and watch you kill people? Why do you always get to kill people?” The prince pouts

“Fine,” she sighs

Kalypso  walks over to the tree nearest her and jumps up into it, then down falls a bundle, she jumps down shortly after then throw the bundle to the prince’s feet.

“You’ll need those,” she smiles then runs off towards the remains of her home

The prince unwraps two swords, a shield, and a battle axe; all rather heavy, but they seemed to fit him perfectly. Where did she get these?  He finally picks up the axe and makes his way to Kalypso .

Her back is to him, four armed men are swinging weapons in her direction. Damn she’s a monster. The prince chuckles at his own joke and charges forwards.

“S**t! It took you long enough!” Kalypso  roars, throwing two of the four men far off somewhere.


“Sorry! I was admiring you!” The prince replies taking careless swings at people

“Well stop admiring and start killing!” she growls and runs over to where her house used to be, and stomps out the remaining flames.

“Hey you!” an unfamiliar yells from a few feet away, “do not move”

A man, a big man, standing with a gun pointing right at her, she had to stop. She didn’t know what to do, for all she knew there was a silver bullet in there. The only thing that could kill her, so she obediently stood where she was. Her eyes didn’t move from the gun.

“Hey baby, I need some he--” the prince gasped

“Not right now Zane, I’m in the middle of something…” she didn’t look at him, but she knew he was slowly walking towards he.

“Don’t step any closer of you’re both dead.” The man said switching his aim to the prince

“No please don’t shoot him, what do you want?” Kalypso  yelped and collapsed to the ground, she was human again.

“The town wants you dead,” the man replied, pointing the gun back at Kalypso  

“I am the new King, and I demand you to drop the gun!” Zane said stepping in front of Kalypso ’s shivering bloodied body

“We don’t want you dead, just your beastly girlfriend behind you. Your majesty.” The man said bowing sarcastically

“Zane, it’s fine. Let me handle this,” Kalypso  tries to stand up, but needs to support herself on him, “You can kill me, but you have to let him go…”

“No I”m not letting this happen,” the prince said turning to look at her, “I’ve done a s****y job protecting you so far, I’m not gonna watch you die.”

“Oh you two shut the hell up!” the man said

Before he could pull the trigger Kalypso  had disappeared and tapped the man’s shoulder; which startled the man enough to shoot.

Kalypso  watched as the prince clutches his stomach and falls to his knees. The man had no time to react before a large paw slashes across his face. Ripping it clean off.


“Zane!” she cries out and runs over to him, “Sweet heart, baby can you hear me? Please say something.”

The prince opens his eyes, while Kalypso  holds him in her arms. She is so much bigger than he is when she’s not human.

“Kalypso , I love you,” the prince tries to muster between breaths

“I really didn’t want to have to do this, but do you trust me?” she asks, holding him close.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, do you trust me?”

“Of course I trust you,” the prince’s eyes slowly close

“Okay, you have to stay with me.” She grabs his arm, “this is going to hurt, like a lot.”

Before the prince had anytime to protest, Kalypso  had bitten into his arm, the pain shot through him. He flinched, wasting the last of the energy he had.

“This is for you, Zane. This is for us. I love you,” Kalypso  lays the prince’s head down on the ground and steps away.

“What did you do to me? What did you do?” The prince yelled in desperation, squirming around, “what’s happening to me?”

“Baby just calm down, it will hurt but it’ll be over soon.” Kalypso  sat there and watches what she had done, not sure if it was the right thing to do.



© 2014 Patience


Author's Note

Patience
This is the last chapter that I currently have written. Should I keep going or no?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on May 31, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014


Author

Patience
Patience

About
Dark. Love. Mysterious. Passion. more..

Writing
Wild Wild

A Poem by Patience


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Patience