Four

Four

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

It's four!

"

Chapter Four

 

 

My eyes flash open. The first thing my eyes find is a raven on a low tree branch, directly over head, his two beady black eyes boring into mine. Sunlight glints off his black feather, turning them a dark shade of purple. He c***s his head to the left then the right. I see something glint in his eyes.

I know a secret.

He leans forward, his beak opened in a soundless shriek, cocking his head back to the left.

You’re never leaving.

With that he leaps off the branch, flying away while his caw echoes through the trees.

The minute he leaves the ice in my veins melt, releasing me from it’s grasp. I lay there listening to my heart pound, and realize that my heart is beating.

All at once memories from last night flood my mind. The crash…the fire…the screams…

Tears leak through as each memory burns itself into my brain, making sure that I don’t forget it anytime soon.

How many familiar faces of my classmates�" my friends�" that I see almost everyday; how many of the people, whom I’ve grew up with almost all my life, are dead?

I close my eyes, trying to escape but the image of that limp hand haunts me so I just stare at the sky.

I try focusing on the mental pain, something just to keep my mind wandering. Trying out each of my arms and legs, I learn that nothing is broken just sore, very, very sore.

I see blood on my tee shirt and find several deep cuts on my arms and one running down my ribs to my back, which is staunched by someone’s shirt. I peel it back, to see the damage, but place it back just as quick when blood starts to flow.

I manage a sitting position, clutching my stomach when a wave a vertigo hits me head on. Looking around carefully, I take in the lush forest surroundings.

Fifteen.

That’s how many people I counted in the clearing.

Fifteen survivors out of a class of forty-eight.

I let my eyes stay on the small group huddled together, in the midst I see the familiar blond hair of Miss. Dana as she’s comforted by a massive bear hug of students.

A few other students lay here and there, sleeping or sitting quietly, eyes dazed and their faces blank.

I find Kat laying ten feet away, her back propped against a large boulder as she stares into the forest on the other side of the clearing. Her face so…distant.

“Kat.” I manage to choke.

She turns her head, and immediately the black bruise on the left side of her face becomes visible. Her lip is cut badly also, but when her eyes focus on me she manages to produce a smile.

She didn’t bother about the pain we were both in, instead she threw herself at me in a fierce hug.

“I thought my best friend was dead.” She cried.

I gave a short laugh. “So did I.”

In the middle of our reunion she gasps, pulling back away from me. Her hand covered in blood.

“That’s not mine…” Kat whispered, we both looked down at the growing red splotch on my shirt.

“Crap.” I mumble clutching the already soaked shirt, trying to stop the blood flow. I didn’t notice Kat was gone till she came sliding back on her knees, holding another shirt and…

“Duck tape?” I ask.

She handed me the other shirt. “It was in someone’s bag.” She said emotionlessly. “They planned on using it for a prank on Coach…” Her voice dropped off there, instead she just handed it to me.

I tried thinking of something ironic about duck tape as a band-aid, but nothing came as we sat there in silence.

Quietly I asked. “So he’s…” But the rest of the words refused to come.

Kat bit her torn lip, her eyes growing misty, then nodded.

I let out a ragged sigh.

There were a lot of kids who wished Coach Harrison dead�" including me, but no one would know just how bad I wish I could take it back.

“So this is all that’s left?” I ask, motioning to the people scattered around.

Kat nodded again, her voice thick when she spoke. “Peter and one of his friends went back to the wreck.” A sob escaped and I hugged her. “All those people, Jackie.” She cried into my shoulder. “They’re gone.”



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
Okay i really apologize for this chapter.
This was a really hard chapter for me to write and my mind is a complete blank right now.
I will go back and fix this later when the insperation hits again but right now i'm sucked dry of any ideas.
Please tell me how i can improve this piece and if i made any mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This just keeps getting better and better!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow so sad, but i figured the coach was the first to go. the mouthy ones always are and yeah, i know how it is to force yourself through a chapter when your'e lacking inspiration. IO'm glad to see it returned though seeing that there is a next chapter button. ^^ reading onward!

Posted 11 Years Ago


No mistakes I could find and another brilliant chapter. Your writing is very very good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


0.o Wait, I haven't yet reviewed it?? What!? I read this already! Ages ago. Wow, something's wrong with me...

Anyways, how can you kill them all Breezy!?!? Why??? *starts sobbing* They're all goooonnnneeeee.. At least Kat's still there. *sniffles*

Great chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ouch. They're all dead? Yeesh, that was a heart-stopper.
Amazing chapter anyway.
-prays there is some more-
OH THANK G*D.
NEXT CHAPTER!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was REALLY REALLY good! I can't wait for more! ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2012
Last Updated on January 10, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Soldier The Soldier

A Poem by Ami N.


Eight Eight

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze