Five

Five

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

It's Five

"

Chapter Five

Part one

 

 Alec Hilton washed the blood from his body, watching it swirl down the drain. He cut the water off, staying in the shower for a few moments more as the heat from the steam cure his chilled body.

 In the Master Bedroom James had laid a freshly pressed suit on the bed, one of his more casual pieces of wear, which he hardly ever used.

 Once dress he walked down the steps into the main foyer, James waiting patiently for him at the bottom step.

 “Why the sudden change in my wardrobe, James?” Alec asked, rolling the sleeves so that they cuffed around his wrist.

 “I thought you would prefer to wear something of this century instead of the eighteenth, Sir.“ James said, bowing to the ground and placing Alec’s polished shoes to the floor. “Shall I go and retrieve them now? The carriage is ready just as you asked.”

 Alec slipped his feet in, checking his watch in the same moment. “6:27 P.m.” Alec announced. Seventeen hours since he put his plan in motion. “I believe it’s time we go retrieve our guest.”

 James nodded, setting off through the front door to do his master’s bidding.

   Alec stepped into the parlor, the fireplace sending a bright glow throughout the large room.

 Hand paintings of his family hung scattered across the stone walls, each of them looking down upon him. Just as they always have.

 Alec settled into his Father’s chair so that he faced the warmth of the fire. The chair was made of soft but tough leather, over the back draped a large shaggy brown pelt. To anyone it might appear to be a bear’s hide, but only he would know what it really was and what it would ever mean to him.

 Alec leaned back into the chair, his eyes on his Father’s portrait, while his mind wandered back to his childhood years, imagining his Father sitting in this very place.

 He was proud of his Father, who was the utmost of noblemen, eyes of war, heart of great virtue…and yet what a cowardly man he was.

 Alec stared at his Father’s picture so long he started to imagine him standing before him again.

 

“What have you done, my son?” Fredrick Hilton asked the eight year boy.

 The younger Alec shrugged his shoulders, keeping his gazed to the field behind the mansion.

 The little boy counted the sheep lying in the field, torn and shredded, their white pelts stained with blood.

 “It’s not my fault Father.” Little Alec replied.

Fredrick sighed roughly, squatting down to become level with his son. “Son, I know that the change is something stronger than you can control right now, but even in our second form we are able to keep our human thoughts.” He placed a hand on Alec’s, shoulder and the boy saw something he thought he’d never see in his Father’s eyes: Fear.

 “Where is your humanity, my boy?”

The little boy stayed silent, while his Father shook his head, standing to his feet once more where he towered over the boy.

 “Never mind, son. You’ll learn as the years come and go. Now I must find James so that he can assist me in cleaning up the mess.”

 

 The fire crackled, sending sparks up the chimney. Each time Alec listened to the fire snap, he remembered the feeling, the killer’s rush, as he broke each those lamb’s necks.

 “You saw me as a monster.” Alec said out loud, his voice echoing off the stone walls.

 The fire cast flickering shadows on his Father’s serious face, making it appear that he still looked disapprovingly down on his son.

 Alec sneered. “But I’ll be a monster with a never ending bloodline.” He growled.

 

 

 

 

Part Two

 

 James tightened the reigns in his hands, halting the two draft horses in their tracks. He gazed over the black charred ruins of the bus, nothing more than a twisted heap of metal now.

 James stepped down from the coach, stepping lightly around the wreckage to where he face the left side of Hilton’s woods.

 Doing just that as his master commanded, he yelled into the depths of the forest.

 He did that for less than two minutes before a reply answered back.

Out of the woods comes a fair size young man, he stops and sizes James up before pleading for his help.

 “Slow down young man.” James laid a hand on the boys’ shoulder, his face covered with dried blood where his broken nose bled. “Are there others with you?”

 “Sir you have to hurry, people are injured badly, please.” He begged, his voice a bit muffled by his broken nose.

 James nodded. “Then by all means, show me the way.” He said, taking hold of the reigns and leading the horses into the woods.

 As they walked the boy kept trying to explain their situation, but his sentences blurred together and finally James said. “Calm down young man, everything is fine now. You can explain everything later.”

 The boy nodded quickly. “Yes, you’re right.” Suddenly the boy cupped his hands. “Ty, you out there man?” he yelled.

 “Just to the east of ya, I’m heading back to the clearing!” Came a reply.

“We found camp in a clearing not far from here.” the boy explained, James could hear the stress that the boy tried to cover.

 James stopped abruptly. “This is as far as I can go.”

The boy cast him a bewildered looked. “What do you mean? My friends are just a little further!” His voice slipping close to hysteria.

 James roughly grabbed the boy’s arm. “Come now boy, I didn’t mean it like that. I only meant that the horses couldn’t go any farther with the wagon.”

 “Oh.” He said sheepishly. “Right.”

Together they walked into the clearing where small groups of kids huddled together as twilight began to fall. In the next instant it was utter chaos with cries from the kids saying: “Take me home!” “Help my friend!” “Can you get us out of here?”

 A women among the crowd of teenagers stood up. “Everyone calm down! Just settle down!”

 The kids quieted but their looks still screamed their questions at James.

The blond haired women made it through the tightly packed crowd of kids. “Sir, you must call 911. Please tell me you have a phone on you.” She begged.

 James shook his head, and the women let out a sob.

“But Miss…” James started.

 “Dana. My name is Dana.” She said in a broken whisper, tears threatening to overflow.

 “My master lives not far from here, and I am certain that he wouldn’t mind providing shelter and medical treatment for you and your kids.”

 Dana looked around at the kids standing close behind her then to the ones lying hurt on the ground, in her eyes James could see confusion, but couldn’t figure out why.

 “Ma’am,” James said patiently, he couldn’t risk her answer to be otherwise. “It’s the closest thing there is to a hospital for miles.”

 “Alright.” Dana said. “And thank you for the kind offer.”

“My master wouldn’t have it any other way.”

 

James and the boy from before, which Dana called Peter, helped carried a student with a sprained ankle to the carriage where seven others already awaited.

 They were halfway back to the clearing when they were meet by a boy clutching his shoulder while his friend helped him to the carriage.

 The black boy helping his friend caught Peter by the arm. “Hey Peter,” he said. ‘I gotta warn you, we may have to make a grave back there.”

 Peter didn’t reply, he shook of the boy’s hand before rushing back to the clearing.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
please tell my if there is any mistakes and if i can improve this

Okay okay i know part two s-u-c-k-s >_<
i'm taking a break on this book for awhile just to see if i want to continue or not

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Part 2 does not suck! It is really intreging. I like the way that at the beginning you kinda portrayed Alec to be good. But now we begin to see his true self. Great job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was awesome!! Omg, did someone die? Again....

Alec seems real interesting... So he's the bad guy... Wonder what his monster-like powers are.

*quickly shuffles on to next chapter*

Posted 12 Years Ago


Too short. TOO SHORT. It needs MORE. I loved it anyway! Not every chapter can be thrilling. @_@ I want to see more of Alec though.

WHERE IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER?

I hope you continue it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alec sneered. “But I’ll be a monster with a never ending bloodline.” He growled.

^
That was the most freaking bada line I've ever heard a character say.
I'd like to see Alec a little bit more developed..

You better hurry up and write part 2.
I expect a chapter every two days. :|

Posted 12 Years Ago


NO part 2? Not fair!!! I loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
5 Reviews
Added on January 20, 2012
Last Updated on February 2, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing