Sixteen

Sixteen

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

...

"

Chapter Sixteen

 

Kat snapped her head towards me, eyes wide and frightened. All the anger from before vanished as quick as it came, and the normal Kat stood before me.

  She swore, looking back at the hole in the wall. “How are we going to hide that?”

 The footsteps outside drew closer, and I searched the room hastily, looking for anything of use.

  “Kat, the dresser!” I whispered urgently. “Help me move it.”

I grab one side of the dresser and Kat the other, and pushed.

  Slowly, but surely the heavy thing moved inch-by-painful-inch till it covered the hole fully. In the same instant the bedroom door flew open, a man burst into the room, but stopped when he saw us. He had one hand on the door knob, while his posture looked as if he were preparing to run something down.

  The thought sent a chill down my back.

“What’s going on in here?” He demanded, relaxing his stance and letting the door handle go.

  Quickly I took his appearance in, noting his fading silver hairline, the expensive looking tux over his tall frame, and lastly the dark, cold eyes. From here I couldn’t tell where the color of his eyes met the pupils.

  Beside me Kat crossed her arms, looking annoyed. “Aren’t you supposed to knock before entering a ladies room?” She said. “What if we were getting dressed?” 

  The man blushed, looking as if he were lost for words. He looked at Kat then at me and his eyes narrowed a bit. “Forgive me.” He replied. “I thought I heard something…”

  “Uh-huh.” Kat grunted, and I smiled a little. She always loved to toy with people whenever the chance came.

  The man shook his head. “Master Alec has sent me to gather the students and direct them to dinner. You have five minutes.” He said before closing the door softly.

  We both let out a sigh, then laughed.

I leaned back on the dresser. “That man gives me the creeps.” I said then picked at the clothing I had on. “What do you think? Fancy enough to wear to a billionaire’s dinner party?”

  It was just a simple white t-shirt and black vest with a pair of dark jeans I found after scavenging the dressers for something to wear other than a thin gown. The weird thing was that it was very similar to what I had in my closet back home. In fact the dresser had been filled with a lot a usable clothing for both of us, which didn’t strike me strange till now.

  “Darling you look lovely!” Kat said, mimicking the British voice of the guy on our favorite fashion show. “We’re both wearing the new hottest trends.” She motion her hands up and down her outfit, which was nothing more than one her old volleyball team t-shirt that had survived the fire and a pair of faded jeans with holes torn at both the knees.   

  We looked as if we were ready for a do nothing Saturday night down at Z’s Bar and Grill, the place where a lot of kids from school go to hang out and hear the live band every weekend. Once we even doubled dated there, with me stuck with a shy boy I hardly knew except that he was in my computer class. He was cute, I have to admit that, and I was quite shock when he stuttered out the words to ask me on a date, but we spent most of the time together by just awkwardly staring down at our plates. Never keeping up a conversation.

  Kat on the other hand was tearing up the dance floor with Kip Johnson, the heart-stopping gorgeous guy who has at least dated every girl in school. Even with my constant warnings, Kat told me she had found the one in him, and I respected her choice-even if it didn’t last two weeks when he was caught kissing someone else in the library.

   I took a deep breath, giving myself a look over in the mirror. Ugh. What I wouldn’t give for my make-up kit back home.

  “Alright then,” Reaching for the door handle, which clicked open. “Let’s not keep Mr. Alec waiting.”



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
Please tell me if I made any mistakes and how I can improve!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the clothes they wear!!! XD Can't wait for more!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
I really liked this chapter, it leaves me waiting for more. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 11, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing