Fourteen

Fourteen

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

sorry still no alec for right now :(

"

Chapter Fourteen

 

“What is this accomplishing?” I asked from where I sat perched on the cushioned window sill. The last dying rays of sunlight washed over me as I stared out at the green field boxed in by the dark outline of forest. My mind was a blur between thoughts of my grandmother, our conversation on the mirror, the letter still in my hand, and the mysterious, goodhearted person by the name of Alec.

  Turning my head slightly, I watched Kat run her hand along the length of the wall yet again for the thousand time already.

  “Nothing,” She sighed, pausing at one of the book cases. “I’m just so bored.” Kat picked a black, hardback book from the shelf and randomly flipped the pages. “I’ve been locked up in here for three days. I need to be there.”

  She didn’t have to point to a specific place for me to know where she was talking about.

 Living free under the wide open sky. That’s who Kat is.

Watching her now was like seeing an animal pace back and forth in its cage.

 I hugged my knees close, resting my chin on top. “What’s wrong, Kat?” I asked quietly, watching her blank eyes stare of the pages. “You know you can talk to me.”

  Kat closed the book with a soft sound, staring at the back cover. “That’s just it, Jackie.” She turned, her green eyes wavering. “I don’t want to talk. Don’t want to think. I don’t want to…remember.” Her voice broke at the last part.

  I let my eyes close. Allowing the images of the crash flood my mind, bright in the dark.

 Slowly I opened them. “I know what you mean.” I whispered.

“God, Jackie, every time I go to sleep, I’m back there. Reliving it every freaking time, watching people I know…” She paused, taking in a deep breath. “And knowing there’s not one bloody damn thing I can do about it!” Kat beat the book down the shelf, tears slowly trailing down her cheek.

  Tears stung my eyes while I stat there stun, watching my friend cry. I opened my mouth to say something-anything, but nothing came. Usually the scenario was twisted the other way around with Kat and her quirky way of making everything better.

  Kat never cried, and being the youngest of three brothers and no mother around anymore, I knew why. She was born to be the strong one.

 I could’ve racked my brain all day for something to say, but instead I walked over and hugged her tight, comforting her how words couldn’t.

  I could feel her tremble as she cried.

“It’s okay.” I whispered. “Everything’s okay now.”

  Suddenly Kat tensed, she stepped back and I could see the mask of raw anger that seemed to radiate from her. I took a step away, afraid of this new side of her.

  “Nothing’s okay! Can’t you see that? Everyone’s life just got screwed!” In a flash, Kat took the book that was still in her hands, and threw it hard against the wall. Only, instead of landing with a loud thump and simply sliding limp to the floor, it crashed through the olive and gold wallpaper, leaving a good size hole in its wake.

  We both stood there frozen, the black hole staring right back.

The only thing that thawed us out were the approach of footsteps just outside our door.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
Sorry for Alec fans (you know who I'm talking about), but he won't show up till the fifteenth or the sixteenth chapter.

Tell me if I made a mistake or how I can improve!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

L-O-V-E IT!!!! XD Man, I wanted to see Alex...

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Amazing chapter! I just looove Hilton House:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 19, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing