Eight

Eight

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

....

"

Chapter Eight

 

Mostly everyone in their childhood years have dove head first into a snow bank.

 Well picture doing that without the three layers of clothing you had on, and you’ll get how I feel right now. Well…almost.

 I doubt that even a few have lost the control of your mind at the same time.

 “It’s alright, Jackie.” Kat whispered somewhere to my side as she placed a cool rag on my forehead.

 I shook my head back and forth, trying to rid myself of that cold water. I couldn’t even tell her keep it away, my mind was freaking out.

 Dark room, strange bed, the unfamiliar smells were all too much to take in. I couldn’t tell what was real or not real, so I started recapping: School field trip, dark woods, two yellow glowing orbs, bus crash, fire, smoke, explosion, dead hand, screams, Kat, Peter, Miss. Dana, Coach, bright light, ballroom, the man pulling me closer, classical music, spinning, fancy dresses, that horrid laugh, my grandmother’s cane, the floor falling, so many dead…

 I let out a frustrated shriek.

What was real? Was this even real?

 “Jackie I’m here. I’m right here.” Kat put the frigid cold rag back on my head in attempt to calm me down.

“Stop! Stop!” I tried to beg, but only a strangled chant came out.

“Fire…soul…change me…burning…higher.”

 Across the room the door opens and a shadowed figure walks in with a tray.

 “Help her.” Kat demanded desperately. “She hallucinating.”

The figure lit a candle by the bedside table and I caught the figure’s horrifying image in the candlelight.

 His face was a very pale white with almost a greenish tint to it, that made me think of the living dead the way his face sagged a little and his cheeks looked hollowed. His dark beady eyes stared into mine and I saw something flash in them that reminded me of…hatred?

 I could hear my heart pound as pure terror washed through my body.

How can I be afraid of him? I thought. I don’t even know him!

 But the closer he got the faster my unwilling chanting grew.

“Fire, fire, soul’s desire!“ I almost screamed “Changer change me burning, burning higher,” The man’s hand clamped down hard on my mouth, preventing me to say the rest of this unknown chant.

 “What are you freaking doing!?” Kat tried to claw the man’s hand away from my mouth just as I was, but my attempts were so weak they wouldn’t count.

 The man ignored us both while he took a white handkerchief from the tray and placed it over my nose and mouth, where I had no choice but to breath in the sickly sweet smell.

 As my vision began to blur, my struggling became weaker until I couldn’t move at all.

 So low that I’m not sure if I even heard it, the man whispered.

“Sleep well, witch.” he hissed.

 My eyes closed, and in my mind my grandmother urged me on. “Come on, Jackie. Just say that last line!”

 The words from before were fading from my memory just as I was and even if I could speak at all, I wouldn’t know the last line to that strange chant.

  Even if it would have saved everyone’s life.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
okay please don't chew me out about the size of the chapter
sometimes i can write four pages to a chapter and other times i may only write a page and a half
that's just how i am sometimes

and for those getting tired of going back and forth with the story line between her deams and the reall world
I'M SORRY
i'm trying to get out of that in this chapter

and please tell me if i made any mistakes
Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoy how she goes from one world to the other. It makes things more intense. Superb writing!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wait that man was Alec right? Omg this is so good Breezy!!! When's the next chapter coming out!?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I LOVED it! I bet that that man was Alec!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Write more. Write more. Write more. Oh gosh, I wanted Alec to have a change of heart even if that's an over-used idea. I believe in her.. she'll remember the lines!

ANOTHER FANTASTIC CHAPTER.

I don't mind the dream-world too much and I find it intriguing..

(imissalechowever)

Keep it coming Breeze

YT,

Summer

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2012
Last Updated on February 8, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Soldier The Soldier

A Poem by Ami N.