Seven

Seven

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

...

"

Chapter Seven

 

 

“Grandma could you sing it again?” I asked.

 I was seven, my parents had sent me across the states for the summer while they settled things with the divorce. I had been thinking about which parent I would soon be ending up with when I fell from my bike and skinned my knee.

 Now I sat in my grandmother’s lap as she rocked me back and forth; her white wicker chair harmonized with the tree frogs in the night. But they were both background noises whenever my grandmother sang.

 She chuckled. “Does your leg still hurt?”

Now that she’s mention it, I didn’t feel the stinging pain anymore. It feels like it never happened, just another bad memory.

 “No.” I sighed, leaning my head against her shoulder as she continued to rock back and forth. “But I like to hear you sing. It feels…” I tried searching for a word that fit just right. “Magical.”

 I felt the slight vibrations as Grandma laughed quietly. “Magical? Huh…” She took a steady breath. “Now where did you get that idea from?”

 I shrugged my tiny shoulders. “Just had a feeling.” I whispered, allowing myself to be lulled into sleep by the rhythmic swaying and my grandmother’s gentle singing.

 It was that same song that lured me into closing my eyes at the clearing, the same song that haunted me as I swam through the dark subconscious parts of my mind.

 “Do you understand?” My grandmother’s voice echoed. “Can’t you see?”

 I searched for her face in this dark abyss, expecting her pale green eyes to show up any minute, but found nothing.

 “What do you mean!” I shouted. “I don’t understand.”

A sliver a light appeared before me, carefully I walked towards it, placing my hand outward and pushing to make the opening wider.

 All at once bright light engulfed my body, sounds clawing at my ears, it took a full minute before I could gather my surroundings and make sense of them.

 And once I did I was begging for the dark abyss to come back.

It was my nightmare all over again. Kat, Peter, even the anonymous man from before played before me like a movie only faster to the point where everything blurred. The lights were too bright and the music drowning any thoughts as the room spun around, and around, and around.

 “Make it stop!” I beg, closing my eyes tight. “Make it stop!”

“Only you can make it stop.”

 “What?” I ask, my eyes snap open at the sound of my grandmother’s voice so close. Shockingly I see that I’m still in the same ballroom just empty of all people…well except for my grandmother standing ten feet away.

 She smiled. “See that wasn’t so hard.” She said, walking closer, her cane echoing off the tile floor.

 It takes me a second to get use to her appearance now than what it used to be back when I was seven.

 Her hair was greyer than it’s original auburn color, her face showing her age even if she still was young at heart. Even the cane was hard sight to look at. My grandmother was never the one you would imagine sitting in chair, knitting scarves for her twenty cats. No, she is the random grandma you would see jogging at six a.m. and riding a bike to the supermarket instead of taking the bus like any other sensible person. But ever since she fell down her porch steps she’s been forced to take it slow with a cane.

 “What are you doing here? Why am I here? What is here?” I gushed all at once, but with a raise of her hand Grandmother silenced me.

 “There will be a time for your answers but now is not it.” Grandma leaned heavily on her cane. “Quickly you must hear me out. You’re in danger.”

 “Danger? Grandma how can that be?”

Grandma whacked my leg with her cane. “Will you hush up and listen for a moment? You need to-”

 At that same instant a the floor below us started to shake, sending us both in different directions.

 “Grandma!” I scream as the room starts to crumble around us.

“Stay back!” Grandma ordered. “Someone is interrupting my connection to you.” She managed to say before the vibrations sent her to the floor.

 I didn’t hesitate as the pieces from the ceiling fell all around, I only ran towards my grandmother before something decided to fall where she laid.

 “Jackie, no!” She screamed, but hers was lost over my own, because the floor started to crumple like sand. There was nothing I could do as the floor under my feet gave way, leaving me to only scream as I awaited to hit bottom.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
sorry if this is a bit slow i'm trying to get all my characters in order here

please tell me if i made any mistakes :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was noce though i don't know what it had to do wtih the story, but maybe this is to show us she has supernatural powers? i can't wait to find out. ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Stunning chapter and it is really nice how you have included a telepathic link with the grandma. This is sure to make the story interesting...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Supeerrrbb Breezy. Sorry i didn't read this before. My computrer was taken away. It seems as though the grandma knows whats going on...

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW! that was really good! I absolutly loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 4, 2012
Last Updated on February 4, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing