Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Ten

Ten

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

Double digits baby!

"

Chapter Ten

 

 I scarcely moved, keeping my breaths short and shallow as I watched.

Ever since I woke from my stupor I watched them dance, glittering silver and gold in the moonlight. All around did the tiny fairies dance upon the wall, their dresses sparkled as if they were made from the stars themselves.

  It wasn’t until the sunlight replaced the moonbeams that I realize my fairies were nothing more than reflective gold leaves on the light olive colored wallpaper.

  I was sad to see them leave, it kept my mind far from the situation I was in. When I took in the room I couldn’t help the panic that spread through my body when ever the memory of that strange man flashed before me. The way his dark-almost black-eyes chilled my blood, and I could still feel him clutching my mouth roughly in his hand. Though now that I try to remember, I can’t think of why he did such a thing. Did I say something to make him so angry?

  Fog surrounds my thoughts whenever I try to dig deeper into that night so I give up on it and turn to focus on the room I was in.

  It was huge. It was easily three times the size of my room back home.

Home.

 How long have I been from home? A day maybe…?

I look to my right to find a nightstand beside my bed, a vase of fresh cut flowers in a light blue vase sat next to a small table lamp caught my attention for moment. It had white hydrangeas, orange tulips, a couple of roses here and there, and a lot of strange brown pod like plants. I stared at them for awhile before I continued scanning the other contents. Nothing much but a few bookshelves, all stocked to the brim with books, and a large door on this side of the room.

  I turn my head around on the soft pillow to take in the other side of the room where sunlight beamed through three large windows that held the view of a large golden field.

  A figure stood facing the window, sunlight washing through her hair.

“Kat?” I try to say but my throat was thick from sleep, but I must a made some kind of sound because she turned in that same instance towards me with a startled look.  

  Her face was still bruised though it was a healing kind of bruise, even her torn lip

looked more like a faint scar.

 She gave a half smile. “Are you finally awake?” She teased.

“Huh?” I groan, trying to fight myself into a sitting position.

 Kat came around and placed another pillow behind me. I wasn’t sitting up but it was close anyway. She sat down on the other bed, facing me. “You’ve given me a few false alarms before.” Then her grin widened. “Not to mention all the things you’ve said.”

 “Oh no.” I said horror-stricken. All I could remember at that moment was the time I was gassed at the dentist when I needed a tooth pulled. Kat just so happened to of come with me that day, and I’ve never heard the end of it since.

 “Oh, yes,” She held up a finger. “You’ve told me of the time you broke my Ipod and put it into your baby brother’s room and blamed him for it, I must add: Shame on you, for letting a two-year old take the blame.” She held up another finger as she counted. “How you’re the queen of unicorns and rainbows; Told me the speeding ticket you kept from your mom. Which I must say how proud I am, that you kept it from her for this long; Called me a fairy princess, and I’ll let it slid this once; Oh, and I mustn’t forget.” She clasped her hands together and said in a swoony voice. “Peter! Oh, Peter, my love!”

 I pulled a pillow over my face. “Just let me die already.” I moaned into the pillow.

It was quiet for a moment then Kat gently pulled the pillow from my face, all humor gone from her face.

 “You almost did.” She said quietly.

I instantly felt bad from pulling Kat out of her carefree state. That was just the type of person Kat was, never living life too seriously, and after what we’ve been through it was probably the best place to ever be right now.

  “Aw, Kat no. I didn’t mean to say it like�"

She waved me off, putting on a smile, but I could tell it wasn’t as genuine as before. “No, the main thing is that you’re still here.” In another attempt to lighten the mood she added. “Besides, someone needs to suffer through all this juicy info�"

 My pillow smack her in the face before she could dodge out of it’s way, she fell backwards on the bed, laughing while clutching the pillow.

 We were both laughing when a quiet rap knocked on the door. Instantly we stop and Kat walks slowly over to the door.

 “Hello?” She called through the door.

A small feminine voice answered. “Madam, your breakfast is served. Is your companion still with the living?”

 I couldn’t tell if she was joking or not but Kat opened the door anyway.

Two maids walked in, each carrying a silver tray and besides the tempting smell coming from the trays I found it extremely hard to keep my gaze off of them for long.

 They both favored each other with shoulder length the color of burnt ash, same deep blue outfit, and the same pale, hollow faces masking their real age. Dark rings shadowed their dull eyes, and I couldn’t help but think that these two belonged in a Tim Burton movie.

 The tallest of the two attempted to smile, resulting in only a half-curve in her lips.

“Master will be please to know that all his guest shall be joining him for the evening dinner.” She said, with a slight English accent.

  “Master?” I ask.

“Master Alec, of course.” The small maid replied to me as if I had a clue who that was. 

The taller maid shot a glance at the woman.

 “And just where are we?” Kat was eyeing the food, but clearly this was one question that has been bugging her for awhile as it has for me.

  The taller maid hesitated for a moment, clearly showing that this was not something she wanted to explain. With a nod to the other maid they both placed their trays in our laps before heading out the door. 

  “Welcome to the Hilton House.” The taller maid said before shuting the door with a click.

 



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
*sigh*
I'm losing my touch since I haven't wrote anything in months so I'm really sorry about this chapter.

If you see any mistakes please tell me!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, lots of grammar mistakes. And I think you changed tenses a couple times.... But other than that, it was great! LOL, I love the "Peter, my love," part. Was hilarious.

So, yeah, just go over some grammar mistakes. If you want, later I'll message them all to you. :) Good job! I will make time to review the rest of the chapters soon as well!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it very nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very very great addition. It is great how you added some humor into it with the sleep talking, as the reader knows the girls are in danger, but they don'ta
And them playin around just makes it seem more real. If any of that makes sense.
Nice way to end it to.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Wow! It's awesome! At last, Hilton House came into talk. I loved it, Breezy!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG!!!! I waited for it! And I loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
5 Reviews
Added on March 24, 2012
Last Updated on March 24, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing