Eleven

Eleven

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze

Chapter Eleven

 

 

It has been three hours since breakfast and Kat has talked nonstop ever since, bringing me up to speed from the night I passed out. Turns out I’ve been out of it for a complete day and a half-which I found strange since medicine never really had that much of an affect on me. Then reluctantly she last added the moment after I was out cold.

  I bolt upright, ignoring the nauseous feeling that came with it. “He did what!?” I shove the covers off me and leap out of bed, stumbling and almost falling if I hadn’t caught myself on the edge of Kat’s bed.

  “Jackie, it’s nothing to make a big deal over.” Kat said watching me struggle over to the full length mirror by the window.

  I turn sideways, pulling the soft, white cotton shirt-which I only noticed now-and expose the long gash from my hip to my third rib.

  “But he touched me!” Shuddering at the memory of the pale face man. I trace a finger lightly over the black stitches sealing the wound.

  “Not in that sense, Jackie. Besides Miss. Dana was in here the whole time.” She said though it did little to calm the fact that he had been that close to me. Even my skin starts to crawl at the thought.

  In the mirror I watched Kat walked over to the window, gazing out before she spoke. “He said it wasn’t very deep and would heal in a week or two.”

  “He?” I ask, pulling the shirt back down then turn to face her. “Who is he?”

 Kat shrugged. “He didn’t say his name, but I think he’s a butler or something. Always referring to his Master.” She made air quotes at the word “Master”. “Such a creepy man too. Reminded me of the living dead.” She shuddered.

  Deep in thought I walked slowly towards the nightstand, cupping the white hydrangea gently in my hand, remembering my grandmother’s large well trimmed bush she always favored in her garden.

 “Master?” I said quietly, to myself mostly then turned towards Kat. “Do you think it could be the same guy the maids mentioned? Uh…what’s his name? Albert…Albec…Bob.” I said, just tossing something in randomly. I turn to sit back down on the bed, leaning back on the soft pillows while fingering the white petals from the flower still in my hand.

  Kat flopped down across the bed, lying across my legs just like if this was one of our regular sleepovers.

  “Alec.” She said, answering my question, then shrugged. “Who knows? I’ve been locked inside this room ever since the other day. No one has been in here except the maids to bring our meals and once Miss. Dana even popped in, but other than that I don’t even know what lies outside this door.” She took the flower from me, plucking a petal off one at a time. “Peter loves me, he loves me not.”

  “Shut up.” I mumble half-heartedly, stuffing the pillow in her face. Giving a glance towards the dark wooden door, I gently push Kat’s head off my legs.

  Kat hung her head upside down from the side of the bed, watching me as I examined the lock. “It’s no use.” She said. “Even this great escape artist couldn’t get that lock to budge. It’s nothing like your bedroom lock.” Referring to the night where my mother locked me inside my own bedroom to make sure I didn’t sneak out to the bonfire party the whole tenth grade had planned. The odds of me ever going were none until Kat showed up with a bobby pin.

  My mother was really mad the next day, but it was totally worth it.

I smiled at the memory. “Don’t tell me the Kat-burglar has been out smarted by this simple door?”

  “Well it would be a simple if the door even had a keyhole.” She replied.

 I look up and down the door, but she’s right. There’s not one key hole.

  “How strange.” I mutter, running my hand over the decorative brass plate around the door knob.

  Kat jerked up, I could tell by the look on her face that she just received a brainstorm.

  “Maybe, It’s voice activated.” She announced.

I just stare at her.

  “What?” Kat asked sheepishly. “It could.” She jump up from the bed and crossed the room to the door, spreading her arms wide. “Open.” She said dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

  Kat spread her arms out again, closing her eyes to concentrate. “Ohhh great magnificent door-” I shoved her lightly.

  “Knock it off.” I laughed.

“Let’s see your ideas then.” When I could say nothing, mostly because I was laughing too hard, she continued.

  “What if I…” Kat clapped her hands twice. “Open sesame!” When nothing happened she snapped her fingers. “Hellooo.” She said impatiently.

  Pop!

We both jumped at the sharp sound.

  Kat looked at me. “Was that…”

I turn the door knob, but it’s still locked. “What was that?” I asked, but before Kat could answer we hear two more sharp pops. Turning around we stare at the source of the sound. Watching in stunned silence as the strange brown pods from the flower vase pop open, releasing an orange cloud of spores.

  “What the hell?” Kat coughed, trying to swipe away the growing cloud.

I cover my mouth to keep the spores from going in, but they still cover my bare skin.

  Watching in horror as the tiny orange spores blister the skin on my arm, bringing with it a fiery burn.

 I scream.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
Moohahahahaha
Feel the wrath of Fingersnap! (which is NOT chocolate)
*stares pointedly at Summer D.* :P
XD

Oh well anyway...
Tell me if you find any mistakes and how I can improve please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was amazing!!! I loved it!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah a cliffhanger
-ALL OF A SUDDEN...poker face-
Why u have no more chapters? .3.
Gah its okay take your time. A good chapter like this takes time anyway :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Omgomgomg! That rocks! I so loved it! Breezy, you have to keep writing!!!(no worries take your own sweet time)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 7, 2012
Last Updated on April 7, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing