Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

Another nightmare is about to begin.

"

Prologue

Hilton Mansion

September 29th

11:45 p.m.

 

Alec Hilton, heir to the Hilton Mansion and wealth, stood by the second story window of his study room.

 His outline would highlight every time the lightning outside flashed, the wind howling against the house, the lights flickering-threatening to go off.

 There was a almost silent tap on his study’s door, Alec never turned when he called “Enter.”

 Instead he watched the tree’s bare limbs stretch to the ground, almost claw like.

 

 James, the butler, entered his masters study room.

“Sir, it’s fifteen minutes till midnight,” Remarked James. “Shall I have the chains ready for you now?”

 Alec turned, he cast his eyes to the ground, deep in thought.

 

  “Sir?” James prompted. His master carefully ran a hand through his dark brown hair while taking slow steps to the door.

 Alec stopped just outside the door and turned to James.

 

“Yes, I suppose it’s time.” Were his few words before he continued down the hallway, James following in his wake.

 

 Hilton’s Mansion was now in possession of the seventh generation of the Hilton family, and-even with James nonstop care-was starting to show its age.

 Alec stepped lightly down the damp cellar stairs, the air heavy with the scent of mold, musk…and change.

 Alec could feel the electrical currents in the air as the time grew closer, he could feel it beckoning unto him, telling him to shed his human pelt into something stronger, faster…darker.

 

 Alec clenched his fist tightly, fighting the urge for a little while longer.

James stepped ahead and he opened one of the steel enforced doors in the cellar, motioning for him to enter.

 The room was no bigger than a average garage, the walls covered floor to ceiling with river rocks the size of a man’s head. Just an example of his ancestors’ work.

 James pulled a rope, opening a gate to the room and started to chain his master in four inch thick chains that were secured deeply into the cement floor below.

One clasp on each foot, two on his master’s arms.

 

 Alec stood steady from the two hundred pound chains hanging off him, he braced for the change, his face turned to the ceiling, eyes closed. All the while James stood behind the now closed steel gate, peering at his master. Even though he had seen him change more than a thousand times, James still resented the pain Alec had to face each time-physically and mentally.

Alec sighed.

 

“Something on your mind, Sir?” James asked him quietly.

 

Alec rolled his head, feeling the muscles tighten as he stretched. “Nothing I suppose.” He said. "It's just that I can’t help but think that I’m the only heir left in the Hilton family. Just knowing that once I’m gone all my family's memories shall be gone also, even their bloodline shall cease to be.” Alec shook his head in frustration.

 

 “Sir,” James spoke up. “If it shall matter anything to you, you can count on me to keep this house in running order for as long as I live.”

 

Alec chuckled softly. “That would be a long while then, wouldn’t it?” He flexed his hands. “And I’m proud to hear such loyalty, James.”

 

 “It’s the least I could do, master.” James replied with feeling, he glanced down at his watch. “One minute till, Sir.”

James twisted a second rope in his hands, the one that opened another gate out into the under ground tunnels before leading to the outside world.

“What is your plan then, Sir? If you care for me to ask.”

 

Alec arched his back, feeling new strength sink into his weak human flesh, a smile upon his lips.

“Well what little research my great-grandfather left me of our first descendents had showed me nothing of how we became. but, I’ve concluded a few thesis’ of how to create.”

 

“You mean…”James gasped, the rope shaking with his hands.

 

Alec turned his head toward James a chilling smile upon his lips as his cool blue eyes turned crimson, a dark laugh escaped his mouth. “I intend on keeping the family bloodline.” His teeth grew longer, more canine like while he changed dramatically from man to demonic beast.

 His stature becoming less human like and more wolf as hair split his skin. Hands and feet becoming paws, armed with four inch claws, muscle rippled from the beast’s body

 

 James pulled the rope just as the chains were torn apart and fell to the floor, the exit gate creaking open.

Alec took no time, speeding out through the tunnel and into the night air.

 

 “Godspeed my friend.” James said, releasing the rope. The gate clanged shut as howls pierced the forest, awaking a whole new nightmare.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
Oh my gosh i'm sorry for all the mistakes! i wrote this late at night and i guess i wasn't paying any attention.

Thank you so much for taking the time to point all them out!

Due to Christmas holiday it may take awhile for the next chapter

*Recieved (Best Character) in the (Characters) contest
*Recieved (Sixth) in the (Master of Fiction: Part 1) contest
*Recieved (Fourth) in the (Teen Writing) contest
*Recieved (Amazing!) in the (+ Dark Fantasy +) contest

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a great start! It's so ominous and mysterious. I like the way you lead into the fact that he's a werewolf instead of making it obvious to begin with. I love the character of James who is so loyal. It makes me wonder why he's okay with it, how he knows about it, etc. And it's so well written. I felt like I was reading this right out of the pages of a book. Love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Probably the best written piece I've yet read on this site.

One redundancy, other than that, perfect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


OKay, even though I've read this before, it's still amazing! I love it. You put great detail in into this, and the writing just flowed together very well, making it easy to flow along with. I can't wait to check out the rest of the chapters!

Posted 11 Years Ago


- but, I’ve concluded a few thesis’ of how to create.” --- You need a capital at the start there :)
- “You mean…"James gasped --- Just needed a gap between the talking marks and 'James'.
Those small issues weren't anything that bad though, and I loved your story. Your descriptions were amazing and you drew me in right away. I loved the natural flow of the conversation and scene you set. Can't wait to read more ^.^

Posted 11 Years Ago


I didn't see any mistakes here and I loved the prologue. Makes me wonder what Alecs going to do to continue the bloodline, probably bite into some innocent humans I suppose? (The highschool kids) I shall read on. ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Wow! It's going great! I'm really getting hooked on to this book!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very nice beginning, it sounds like a great story and I am really liking Alec and James. They sound like two great characters. Reading on...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting start! Reading on...

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was fantastic. I really like Alec's character so far. You've got the thrilling part down. I'm just reading to read so I'm not really paying attention to mistakes but it seems like people have already pointed that out. :) I like.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was an amazing write!! More, please!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like it! I can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

961 Views
16 Reviews
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on June 15, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Nothing" "Nothing"

A Chapter by A. L. Allen


What If? What If?

A Chapter by A. L. Allen


Dad Dad

A Chapter by A. L. Allen