Help in all the wrong places

Help in all the wrong places

A Chapter by Reaper

Derek comes across an old red barn. He hears a noise inside of it. The barn is beaten down and almost completely ready to collapse. But it could serve as a good hiding spot for Alice so he checks it out.


Derek searches inside, pushing hay around to see if there is any sign of life. The only thing he finds is sickly looking brown horse with black spots all over it. It’s barely survived by the oats that used to be in a huge metal tub. It has been done with those for about a month. Now it was there waiting to die. It couldn’t leave because it was tied up.


Derek finds a brown leather oat bag and some old oats. He puts it on the horse. He had done this in the past because his first girlfriend, Janie. He only had two, Janie and Maddy. Both of them were blondes, must have been his type. Like it matter but they ended up breaking up because she loved horses more than him or any man. Her family owned a farm filled with horses. He spent a lot of time there so he picked up on a few things.


“Hey, boy or girl, you must be hungry.” He loads more oats in the bag. He looks down and under the horse, “eat up BOY.”


“Buddy, I’m going to need something from you.” He pats the horse on the nose.


Derek searches around and finds a saddle. He puts it on the horse then unties him.


“Buddy, I’m going to need you to help me get to the castle.” Derek climbs the rails and gets on top of the sickly horse. He had ridden a lot of horses before when he was with Janie. It finally served him well. Derek gets on it.


Derek gently touches horse for it to know to start going. The sickly horse sadly stumbles forward, not used to walking. The horse gets out of the barn. Then it takes off pretty fast, finally free to spread its legs.


“Good boy.” He pats the horse on the head as it speeds towards the castle.

 



At the castle.


Reaper leaves the conference room just before Eve is turned. Part of him doesn’t want to see it. Because deep down, Eve is a part of him, in some way.


Reaper always knew he was evil. Just no matter what he did, he couldn’t escape those terrible, evil thoughts. He always wondered if he ever had a soul.


Reaper walks in the courtyard and kicks the dead plants as he heads towards the front of the castle. He passes through the gate and looks up at the moon. Big and bold. It’s actually pretty stunning.


His yellow eyes look around, searching for something. He thought of when he was created pops in his mind.


He was just a feeling. Literally a feeling. A feeling of dread, anger, and evil mixed into one feeling or thought. All those bad things were him. What he stood for. They shoot from Derek’s body and formed himself when the gem crashed on Derek. He just stood there, looking at Derek. He had none of Derek’s memory, and only picked them up because what Derek told him.


Before Derek knew Reaper couldn’t be control, Derek was like a father to him.


Derek made him remember everything. And one day he did. The pride in his daughter, the love for Maddy and even the dislike for peanut butter.

He was like Derek’s twin. But things changed when he attacked Lilly. Reaper didn’t know why he did it. He just felt he needed to. The people around him called him a monster, or even worst a pet. A f*****g pet of Derek’s. The man with pet demon and the zombie wife.


Reaper didn’t even know why he shot Derek the other day. He just felt the urge. No clue why he did and he felt happy after. He always felt happier when he did evil things.


Suddenly it hits him. That sinking feeling he gets sometimes.


He has always been connected to Derek. He can sense when he is near. And he is near now.


Reaper runs inside the castle and to the conference room. Only the two vampires are inside.


“Where is the queen?” Reaper yells out.

 

 


Near the castle


Derek feds the horse the remaining oats he had with him. He ties the horse up to an oak strong tree. He pats the horse on the head and walks the quarter mile to the castle.


He gets really close to the place. There are some guards outside but not nearly as much as he thought. That’s when it hits him


F**k


He turns around to see a nice size group of zombies behind him.


It’s a trap


Derek runs for cover as he hears a gun shoot ring out.


A few man run up and fire some more. Bullets hit the rock Derek is hiding against.


“Give up so we don’t have to kill you.” Dyson’s voice rings out.


Derek snaps back, “I’m dead either way; I rather shoot my way out.”


“Well I was told to bring you back alive but she didn’t say I couldn’t wound you.”


“How about we fight fist to fist?” Derek tries to laugh it off so Dyson will get anger and give him a fighting chance.


“No thanks. I’m a little tired from banging your wife last night.” Dyson laughs, “Her p***y is so sweet.”


Derek knows he is probably telling the truth.


“So are we going to have a problem?” Dyson asks, “Or do I have to come over there and get? I really don’t care if I kill you; Maddy has Alice to raise Eve so it’s all good.”


Derek thinks, so they are both here. Good. I guess I could try to run for it.


Derek pushes himself off the rock and runs for his life. The gun shoots ring out and they almost feel muted by the sound of Derek’s heart banging.


Derek runs till he has nothing left. He falls in a dirt and muddy ditch. He pulls over branches and leaves to cover him.


He lays there in silence and pain as the blood escapes on to the dirt ground from the newly formed hole in his stomach from a bullet.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to tell you..I had a hard time getting past that sickly horse..I own a horse and he almost died recently and just the thought of leaving one to die slowly...grrr Goodness Derek has had his own run of gosh awful luck as of late...sheesh...he finds them but ends up with a hole in his stomach...Yikes!!! Glad that he realized Maddy is a ***** and not the sweet one of past chapters in the beginning there...poor guy. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very good chapter. I had to do a quick re-read of this story. I like the many situations alive in this chapter. Reaper is confuse and trying to figure what to do next. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


A great chapter :))

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great chapter all and all. Some smoothing would go w long ways. Moving on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great work here!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dude, no offence, your chapters suck. Want to chill out on the read requests for a day or two??

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

honestly you do a great job
=]
your writings are always rated top
congraulations

Posted 12 Years Ago


Poor Reaper, he’s just misunderstood but we have to hiss and boo anyway.
I like the soft subtle Derek memory. It bonds you to his character further.
You are a good storyteller, slowly feeding the answers to the driving question.
Nice hook on the end, I just can’t stop there. I have to know what happens.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i liked this piece great work great job .... wonderful job ... keep it up ..... thanks for sharing this wonderful chapter with me

Posted 12 Years Ago


There is always the bad one in the story that portrays a good person till you push the worng buttons.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"even the dislike for peanut butter.

Anyways I too have owned a hour, she wasnt perfect she had a hitch in her leg from barb wire accident. But she was my girl and I loved her. She almost died at one point and was really sick from colic. Its terrible to see a hours or any animal on the brink of death
I loved being able to see Reapers point of view, it gave more insight to the book as a hole.
You just like shooting Derek dont you -_-

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1894 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2012
Last Updated on March 16, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..