Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by AirieLeva

Moon’s POV


I walk towards the building of my new school. Taverance High, naturally we had to move here after a little incident at my old school. The incident included the school getting struck by lightning in the middle of a bright, sunny summer day.

Of course, police, principals, and even some students blamed it on me. But really? It’s not like I can summon lightning. Although I would have to admit that it would be just a little bit cool if I could.

It’s not my fault I was in a fist fight when it happened. Bad timing is all. Yet, sometimes, I feel like even my mom thought it was me. Heck, my friends thought it was me. And here I was thinking that friends were supposed to have more faith in each other than that, so why am I here thinking that none of mine have faith in me?

My mom decided we should move here. Apparently I’ll be “safe”, she seems to think that something's going to run out and attack me any minute. As if.

My mother was just being paranoid. But on the way here I could’ve sworn I had heard her mutter something about my father. My mother never talks about my father. I wish she would though. I wish that I could learn more about him. His side of the family. Why he left. Why he isn’t going to come back.

Mom says that it wasn’t my fault that he left, but sometimes late at night when I hear her praying to someone, other than God, for my safety. Well, I just can’t help but think that sometimes it is my fault.

As I was walking into the office at the school I saw two more students that looked like transfers. One girl, one boy, other than their gender they were identical. Except the girl held a more guarded expression, and the boy looked like he didn’t care about anything.

“Ah, Miss. Dragon, so glad that you could join us,” the lady behind the desk says.

She was maybe in her mid-twenties. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes, along with waaay too much makeup.

“Glad that one of us is,” I say, not really in the mood for anything today. Especially not teachers.

She purses her lips and frowns, the girl raises an eyebrow and the boy stifles a laugh.

“Miss. Dragon I assure you that is no way to talk to your elders!” the lady snaps in disgust.

I open my mouth to say something when the boy cuts me off, “Don’t mind her Ms. Emily. After all, it’s her first day. She must be overwhelmed at the size of this school, not to mention all the people. Look at her, she’s practically jumping with nerves.”

The lady, Emily, smiles a bit and turns to look at me. I was jumping on the balls of my feet. But not because I was nervous, but because I wanted out. I never liked school, it always seemed so confining, so consuming. Like instead of trying to get you smart it wanted to suck you in and trap you and slowly drown away your soul.

“Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Mhmm, poor child. I hear she’s coming from a private school. She has excellent grades, but her last school, struck by lightning. How terrible!” Emily says, looking at the boy intently.

I turn to glare at him, but instead of shrinking away like most would he grins and winks at me.

“Lightning? In the middle of summer?” The boy asks. His attention returning to Emily. “You don’t say? That’s so weird. Why do you think it happened?”

Emily leans forward, her shirt hanging low enough to see her bright pink bra. “I think that it’s ghosts. Like, very angry ghosts. But others seem to think it was her.” With that she stands up and acts like the conversation never happened. “Well here are your schedules.”

The boy reaches out at the same time I do and when our hands brush something similar to an electric shock passes through my body. The boy doesn’t seem to have felt it. Or at least, he gave no sign that he did.

“Gods, you are slower than a dying snail!” the girl snaps, grabbing her schedule from the boy.

“Aww come on, I wanna be a dying turtle!” the boy says with a grin. “Besides, I don’t understand why you are so eager to get to class. It’s booooring!”

“As if you would know,” the girl says. “You don’t pay attention half the time!”

“That is true,” the boy says with a small nod.

“Let’s just go,” the girl mutters.

“Oh wait!” Emily calls as they turn to leave. “You can’t go, you‘re all going on a tour together. Your tour guides should be here momentarily.”




© 2019 AirieLeva


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on April 30, 2019
Last Updated on April 30, 2019

The Forgotten Battle


Author

AirieLeva
AirieLeva

Los Angeles, CA



About
I believe that through books the world and everyone in it can still find hope, even at the darkest of times. The real heroes are the ones that you find within yourself when you and others are in need... more..

Writing
The Moment The Moment

A Poem by AirieLeva