Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by AirieLeva

Mutt’s POV


After entering the one place I could really call home I realize that we were in building number 17, Hospital House. Bat, a son of Apollo, was humming to himself slightly in the corner, he looks up when we appear.

“Mutt! Lenzie!” He says, eyes wide. “What happened? Here sit.” He points to a bed and then immediately gets to work the minute Lenzie lays down.

Bat pauses in his work briefly, “Lady Athena. Pleasure, as always.”

“Bat, I’m fine really. You’re father has already treated me.” Lenzie assures him, gently dodging his medical supplies.

Bat looks like he’s gonna protest when he frowns, “Where’s Quinn?”

Out of the corner of my eye I see Moon nervously shuffling her feet. I ignore her, hoping that if I could make her hate me then she wouldn’t follow me into Tartarus. But then again, what’s to say I didn’t follow her?

Someone nudges me in the side, looking up I see everyone staring at me.

“What? Is there something on my face?” I ask.

“Ugliness,” Moon replies immediately.

I smirk at her, “In that case I must have a mirror on my face.”

“Where’s Quinn?” Bat cuts in before Moon could reply.

I open my mouth to answer before I realize something, I had no idea. “Ummm?”

“Here,” Quinn’s voice says from the doorway.

Moon jumps three feet in the air like she’s seen a ghost, “YOU DIED! YOU’RE DEAD!” She shouts at Quinn.

“Yep,” Quinn says. “Totally. Hey Bat, did you check her head? She seems to be going mental.”

Moon opens then closes her mouth, looking slightly offended. Lenzie rolls her eyes and Bat just raises an eyebrow, that dude was boring. Me? I was full on rolling on the floor with laughter.

“Well, now that happened I think it’s time for the tour,” Lenzie says, clapping her hands together.

Quinn looks horrified, “You mean you haven’t given them a tour yet?! And why not? You see, this is why the two of you are never left in charge. Jeesh.”

I stand up and go stand beside Lenzie, “Owwww, my ears hurt,” I whine before pointing at Bat. “Blame him. All his fault. Yep.”

Quinn rolls her eyes at me then turns to the three demigods. “If you’d ignore these two. Especially that idiot,” she points to me. “And come right this way I’d be more than happy to explain all your questions and of course, give you a tour.”

“Why aren’t you dead? I saw you die,” Moon says. “Before we ended up here.”

Quinn frowns, “Haven’t you ever learned not to trust everything you see? After all, the most seemingly obvious things are the least obvious.”

Moon glares back, “As it turns out I’ve come to learn if you can’t trust your own senses, especially your eyes then there’s no reason for you to trust anything.”

For a moment shock morphs it’s way onto Quinn’s features, and then it was gone. “Smart. One would think you were a daughter of Athena. Alas, you aren’t. Though those words are highly unexpected from a daughter of Zeus. However, that temper. That you did get from your father.”

“My father is dead,” Moon says, face expressionless.

“Ah, I see,” Quinn nods. “In that case would you like to meet him? What about you Nykole Hellhound? Would you like to meet your father. Derek Demos? Does the idea of meeting your mother interest you at all?”

Moon was still glaring at Quinn. Nykole and Derek exchange glances. Seeming to communicate with their eyes.

Finally Derek hesitates, “It does actually.”

Lenzie smiles, “Hello Derek. My name is Lenzie. You could say I’m your sister.”

“Wait what?” Derek says. “I’m an only child.”

“Were. You were an only child. Now, now you have many brothers and sisters,” Lenzie corrects with a warm smile.

“We’ll explain later. For now, come,” Quinn says.

She turns and walks out of the Hospital House, we follow. As we walk out I see every single person smiling at us. The Ares, Athena, Hades and Zeus Houses stood in two straight lines, leading out of the Hospital House door and into the middle of town. They all stood silently, facing the person across from them. Their faces emotionless.

Quinn takes one step in the tunnel they created and I hear Nykole gasp as the two people in line draw and raise their swords up in a pyramid like way in unison. Every single person in line does that the minute we walk through. I grin at their shocked faces.

After a while we finally reach the end. Quinn turns to them and spreads her arms.

“Welcome,” she says. “To Godville. Where the children of the fourteen Olympian Greek Gods, satyrs, nymphs, and just about any peaceful mythological being can live peacefully. You my friends, you are children of a Greek god or goddess. And it is on this day that you will meet your long lost parents and live amongst others of your kind and your siblings. Do you each accept this invitation of a new life?”

“Yes,” Derek and Nykole say in unison.

Moon is still silent. I turn to her, catching her gaze. Begging her with my eyes to say no. To walk away from this life, to walk away from the future that would inevitably come.

I couldn’t be sure if she saw my pleas in my eyes and decided to ignore them, or if she saw something else. She turns to my sister and says the one word that sealed our fates. “Yes.”

When she turns back to me my face fell, I stared at her in horror, she had no idea what she had just done. She had just condemned herself, and me to Tartarus and she didn’t even know it.

I slowly back away as the crowd of demigods cheered their new arrivals. The whole time my eyes locked on Moon’s, whose eyes had widened slightly as my face fell. I shake my head at her in dismay. Then I turn and run, it was up to me now. I had to stop our fate.

I hear Lenzie and Quinn both shouting at me, asking what’s wrong. I didn’t look back, I couldn’t. Because I knew if I did then my resolve would crack. And I wouldn’t be able to handle having to see Moon’s eyes full of fear in real life.

۝

During Moon’s stay at Godville I decided to stay as far away from her as possible. The only real time I crossed paths with her was when I was at the Lunch Hall eating. But even then I just ignored her.

Once she had sat beside me, trying to make small talk but she had sighed in exasperation and left when I pretended that she wasn’t there.

As I was walking into the sword arena a voice shouts at me. “Hey Mutt!”

I turn around and see Moon walking towards me, immediately I turn around and continue walking.

“Hey! Wait up! I only want to talk to you! Mutt please!” She says.




© 2019 AirieLeva


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on April 30, 2019
Last Updated on April 30, 2019

The Forgotten Battle


Author

AirieLeva
AirieLeva

Los Angeles, CA



About
I believe that through books the world and everyone in it can still find hope, even at the darkest of times. The real heroes are the ones that you find within yourself when you and others are in need... more..

Writing
The Moment The Moment

A Poem by AirieLeva