Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by AirieLeva

Surprisingly them wanting to beat the crap out of each other had turned out to be a game. A nearly fatal game. As always when I saw them together a wave of jealousy hit me, causing me to growl.

I shake my head and keep walking, I had thought when we had kissed something would have changed. And something did, but I guess in the end I never thought that he would become even more distant than he had been. Obviously I had been wrong. As usual.


When lunch time came around I almost had the right mind to skip it. Then I figured that either way I would have to go into the building to get food so there was no reason that I couldn’t just sit down and eat like the rest of them.

James was flirting with an Aphrodite girl, as usual, the thing was I think their feelings might have been mutual, but I was uncertain. And I wasn’t the type to play matchmaker.

Quinn was talking with Lenzie, and a daughter of Hermes named Jadaenlee, she was the head of the Hermes house. Every now and then throughout the first ten minutes of lunch, others would join them, and talk before leaving and coming back. I never had the guts to do so.

My eyes land on Mutt, he wasn’t eating, he was hanging back in the far corner. Not where he normally sits. There wasn’t anything in front of him, not even a drink. Every now and then someone went and sat by him, which resulted in them quickly leaving.

Something was wrong. I didn’t know Mutt very well but this didn’t seem like a normal occurrence. After all, in the little time I had know him all he ever seems to do is eat. Yet right now, he just wasn’t.

I debate standing up and walking over to him, sighing I just remain seated. Not really wanting to talk to him, besides Lenzie had stood up and was heading in that direction. But what caused me to frown was that she too, like so many others just walked right by.

I debate standing up and walking over to him, sighing I just remain seated. Not really wanting to talk to him, besides Lenzie had stood up and was heading in that direction. But what caused me to frown was that she too, like so many others just walked right by.

“HEY!” a satyr shouts. “Are we going to go rescue that Hades spawn? Or are we letting her die?”

“That,” a tree nymph named Peach says. “Is actually a pretty good question. When did you get a brain?”

“Uh, what’s that?” the satyr asks. Causing many of the nymphs to snicker.

Peach rolls her eyes. “Nevermind, forget I said anything.”

“They bring a good point,” James says. “We should try to do something to help the daughter of Hades. The problem is, we don’t know what gods to trust or not.”

“Not,” added someone else. “That they’d help us anyway. They are the gods.”

Others nodded in agreement.

“But we know where she is,” a nymph named Jewel says. “That’s a start right?”

“Not necessarily,” Adaline, a daughter of Athena states. “She could have been moved. And even if she hasn’t it’s not like we can walk right up to Hypnos’s palace and demand an audience with his prisoner.”

“But what if we could,” Maya, a daughter of Aphrodite asks. She had short blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

Adaline scoffs, “Leave the thinking to those who know how to.”

“HEY!” Ralfy, a son of Poseidon shouts.

His blonde hair was falling into his green eyes. It was obvious he had a crush on Maya. To everyone but Maya that was. “You can’t talk to her like that just because you are jealous!”

“Really?” Adaline snaps. “There’s not much to be jealous about.”

Out of the corner of my eye I see Quinn roll her eyes.

“You’re not one to talk!” Ralfy shouts.

“Well she’s so dumb she can’t even realize that you have a crush on her!” Adaline shouts.

Maya’s eyes widen, as do Ralfy’s. For the briefest of seconds their eyes meet, and then Ralfy takes off running out of the Lunch Hall.

“Some daughter of love you are,” Adaline says smugly.

That’s when I understood, Ralfy had a crush on Maya, Adaline had a crush on Ralfy, and Ralfy was too busy trying to impress Maya, who in the end, was oblivious to his attempts.

“Actually,” Mutt says, his voice barely audible, but it seems to ring out like a gunshot on the now silent room. “Maya has an excellent idea. Why don’t we just go up and knock on the front door?”

“Um,” Adaline says with a frown. “Because it’s suicide?”

“Or is it?” Mutt asks, standing up.

Adaline stands there, her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

“I-Wha-That’s,” Adaline stutters, not quite knowing what to say.

Mutt just stands there staring at everyone.

Quinn was watching him, a slight frown on her face before realization crossed her eyes. “Mutt? A word please?” she asks.

“I-Wha-That’s,” Adaline stutters, not quite knowing what to say.

Mutt just stands there staring at everyone.

Quinn was watching him, a slight frown on her face before realization crossed her eyes. “Mutt? A word please?” she asks.

Mutt shrugs and walks out. Quinn stands up and follows, everyone else thinking on the terrible plan Mutt had made. What surprised me was the fact that when Quinn passed me she grabbed my arm and dragged me after her.

Once we reached the Poseidon House I start to panic. Surely I wouldn’t be allowed in there.

“Relax, it won’t blow you to pieces,” Quinn says.

I sigh, the House was blue-green in color. The big blue trident on the top of it glowing in the afternoon light. Quinn opens the door and pulls me inside. I gasp lightly. The walls were made out of glass, revealing the inside full of water. Brilliant blue water swirling around, occasionally a fish swam through. Off to the right was a door marked: AQUARIUM. Quinn leads me to what must’ve been the sitting room.

In the middle of the room was a big glass table, water swirling inside it, fishes swimming in the water. There were three couches, in a circle form around it.

Surprisingly not made out of water and glass. Scattered around the room were some beanbags and recliners. On the other half of the room were two staircases that curved up and meet at the next level. Leaving a gap in between them, which had a door marked: KITCHEN.

Mutt was casually sitting in a beanbag, his feet thrown up on a small desk. Looking up at the flat screen TV that was attached to the wall. A TV that happened to be turned off.

“What did you want to talk about?” he asks, turning towards us. He freezes when he sees me. “What’s she doing here?”

Quinn doesn’t answer, just studies her brother. “Nyx. Erebus. Aether.” Quinn says, watching Mutt.

“What?” he asks, looking perplexed.

“Gaea. Hypnos. Hemera. Oceanus. Enyo.” Quinn continues listing gods and goddesses. Mutt looks at me and I shrug, not knowing what was going on myself.

“Tartarus,” Quinn says, causing Mutt to flinch. “So that’s it then. Come on Mutt. Even if you end up in the pit, we all know Tartarus isn’t going bad. He’ll help you out.”

“That’s the thing,” Mutt says. “I don’t think Tartarus is in control of the pit anymore.”

“Well that’s your problem,” Quinn mutters.

“What?” Mutt asks.

Quinn shrugs, “Just don’t think. It’s overrated after all. Sometimes the best plans are made by those who don’t think than by those that do.”




© 2019 AirieLeva


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on May 3, 2019
Last Updated on May 3, 2019

The Forgotten Battle


Author

AirieLeva
AirieLeva

Los Angeles, CA



About
I believe that through books the world and everyone in it can still find hope, even at the darkest of times. The real heroes are the ones that you find within yourself when you and others are in need... more..

Writing
The Moment The Moment

A Poem by AirieLeva