Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by AirieLeva

Mutt


Moon and I haven’t spoken since the day I died. Mostly because of my dream, and which one she had seen. But also because of her wish. She wouldn’t tell me either of those things, which was okay I suppose. But it really wasn’t.

Then again, I wasn’t ready to speak with her myself, so I couldn’t really fault her for not wanting to talk to me. As usual I was sitting in the Lunch Hall, not really talking or looking at anything. Most people walked by me and immediately started muttering, I wasn’t eating. In this case it only meant one thing.

The dream it was going to happen, and it was going to happen soon. And there was nothing anyone could do to stop it.

I sigh, hanging my head, remembering what happened the day I “died”.

Flashback

Somewhere, far off into the distance I could hear Moon shouting at me, but it seemed to be getting fainter and fainter. To the point of I almost couldn’t hear anything at all. Looking around I saw I was in a throne room. One so unlike Olympus I couldn’t help but walk up and sit on a throne.

“Making yourself comfortable I see?” a woman's voice says.

Turning I see the women, she had long blonde hair that hung in waves over her shoulders. Her eyes were bright green with multiple colors swirling around inside them. The flecks of colors growing bigger before shrinking and a different color taking its place. Blue. Green. Purple. Yellow. Orange.

“Well I figured since I’m dead I might as well make someone want me to not be dead,” I say, staring at her.

She smiles, “I have heard a lot about you Mutt. Tell me, why do you run from your fate?”

I shrug, “Because I like making people mad?”

“What about the pain you cause people by doing so? Wrongfully cursed by Zeus, and now, now you are dead,” she says.

“Ah great, I always knew drama queen’s curse would kill me. That’s nice. I thought I’d at least get a last meal though. Society these days,” I mutter shaking my head.

“Matthew, do you know who I am?” the women asks.

“Well obviously you aren’t here to give me my last meal. Since you aren’t Charon you aren’t gonna lead me to the underworld for a nice “happily ever after.” And since I’m already dead you aren’t here to kill me. So nope, no idea who you are.” I say, leaning back in the throne and throwing my feet up. “Also, my name is Mutt.”

“Mat- Mutt. My name is Themis. And I am going to restore your life,” Themis says.

“Why would you do such a dumb thing like that?” I ask, sitting up.

“Because, soon it will be your time to die. But that time is not now, which means Waverly was wrong to do so. You will die Mutt Shax, but here and now is not the place for such an action to happen.” Themis walks towards me, her left hand glowing a soft yellow.

“I don’t want to live,” I say staring at her.

“Not now you don’t. But you’ll find a reason to want to. I know it,” she says, her hand reaching out to me. “I will see you again. I promise.”

I nod, staring off into the distance, the sound of Moon’s quiet sobs growing louder. Why would she be crying over me?

“Mutt, promise me. You won’t trust the fire of death.” Themis whispers, her voice light.

“Fire of death?” I ask.

She nods, “Promise me.”

“I promise?” And with that she touches my forehead.

I open my eyes to see Moon, crying, her head bent down. I close my eyes.

“You know, considering I was the one who just died don’t you think I should be crying?” I say softly.

۝

I’m jolted out of my thoughts by Lenzie sitting down next to me, a big grin on her face.

“Oh gods,” I groan. “Don’t tell me. You all decided that I have to clean out the stables this week.”

“What?” she asks with a laugh. “No, of course not. Not after what happened last time.”

“Then what’s with the grinny grin?” I ask with narrowed eyes.

“Nothing,” she says, her grin growing wider. “I just thought you could use with a little fun.”

Before I could make sense of that statement she leaps away from me, landing on her feet in a crouch and looking up at me with a sly grin. Just before half of the food from everyone’s plates landed on me.

“FOOD FIGHT!” Someone shouted.

Automatically I jump up and grab my pancakes, throwing them at Lenzie. Lenzie attempts to duck and fails, miserably. The pancakes in all their syrup-y glory slam into her face.

“MUTT YOU ARE A DEAD MAN!” She shouts with a grin, her hair sticking to her face with syrup. She leaps at me. Laughing I duck away, going under the table. Resurfacing on the other side in time to see Lenzie get trapped under a hoard of her siblings. She was laughing, at the same time trying to get them off of her.

In the far corner I saw Derek, his eyes were wide and he seemed like he didn’t know what to do. Waving my hand I create some water hamburgers and throw them at him. He jumps ten feet in the air and then looks around with a frown. When he gets to me I wave and give him my famous grin. He shakes his head and walks out, he was clearly no fun.

Seconds later Quinn walks in, takes one look around and walks out. The grin on my face spreads when I see Lenzie, finally resurfacing from her swarm of siblings. I make some more water pancakes, throwing them at her. Taking a second to pour real syrup on them.

She jerks her head to me, her eyes narrowing as she growls. Then she was on me, just before I fall down I see Moon, her eyes flash briefly, with jealousy? Nah, I must really be losing my mind. The other demigods, satyrs, nymphs, etc., crowd around us. Creating a circle, trapping us in.

“Fight, fight, fight!” a chant rises up, I see Skylen Lock, a son of Hermes starting the chant. And passing out drachma’s, the currency we used. Making bets, typical.

Lenzie jumps off me and glares at me. I give her a cheeky grin and jump up. Pretending to brush dirt off of me I whistle to myself. Some of the new demigods, including Moon look at each other like they couldn’t believe it.




© 2019 AirieLeva


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on May 3, 2019
Last Updated on May 3, 2019

The Forgotten Battle


Author

AirieLeva
AirieLeva

Los Angeles, CA



About
I believe that through books the world and everyone in it can still find hope, even at the darkest of times. The real heroes are the ones that you find within yourself when you and others are in need... more..

Writing
The Moment The Moment

A Poem by AirieLeva